Prime day 2022

Next Day Error

X - Other

There is no way in hell Amazon's delivery service is sustainable doing contractors like this.
I've noticed a definite increase in Amazon volume here and I deliver in a large city. Not Boston.
Imagine taking out debt to be a captured contractor... What the hell are these people thinking? You're totally at the company's mercy. Am I missing something?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Or passed out from heat stroke…
The last two drivers that died from heat stroke, and the recent video of a driver collapsing near a ring doorbell, were young guys. You would think older drivers would be more susceptible. Hmmmmm wonder why. Could it be pacing yourself and staying hydrated? Or Darwinism? Lol

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The last two drivers that died from heat stroke, and the recent video of a driver collapsing near a ring doorbell, were young guys. You would think older drivers would be more susceptible. Hmmmmm wonder why. Could it be pacing yourself and staying hydrated? Or Darwinism? Lol
We have a 30+ year driver (who somehow can’t find the time to take a break in the middle of the day and refuses to bid off his heavy route) go down twice in the past three weeks. There’s also been a number of young bucks who care too much about their numbers that have gone down as well.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We have a 30+ year driver (who somehow can’t find the time to take a break in the middle of the day and refuses to bid off his heavy route) go down twice in the past three weeks. There’s also been a number of young bucks who care too much about their numbers that have gone down as well.
Two sides of the same coin. SMDH

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Stop bullying me, and come show me how you cope with delivering 200 stops and 400 pieces in 100 degree heat without venting anonymously on Brown Cafe. My guess is you would have your hair pulled out by lunch, and looking for a new job by 1500.
whiner

you young bucks are softer than 2 week old grapes.......ask @rod

It will be fine

Imagine taking out debt to be a captured contractor... What the hell are these people thinking? You're totally at the company's mercy. Am I missing something?
They don’t typically start with too much debt. The problem is Amazon forces DSPs to lease trucks from them. Then when they pull the contract and end that lease they charge the DSP for all the damages to the trucks. It gets expensive really quickly.

Next Day Error

X - Other
They don’t typically start with too much debt. The problem is Amazon forces DSPs to lease trucks from them. Then when they pull the contract and end that lease they charge the DSP for all the damages to the trucks. It gets expensive really quickly.
I noticed that Amazon won't cover these contractors' overtime. Sounds like a huge win for Amazon; load 'em up and have your own contracting companies pay 20%+ of the extra wage burden.

There are horror stories and I'm sure there are success stories. I do wonder what the true median incomes of the workers and owners of these DSPs truly are. I for one and glad to be an employee in a union.

BeachBoy

It's Prime Week? They pushed the preload start times back and I haven't punched out past 6:45pm. Mailman told me they're taking it in the ass though.
Odd. PT hub, and I did 43 hours last week. Saturday, building manager asked if I'd come in an hour earlier than scheduled this week.