Amazon to start pick up service

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
W T friend r u smoking?

Amazon wants the cheapest labor as possible... like FedEx ground drivers, not hourly rate with benefits

from a FedEx contractor said:
In regards to Amazon, I was intially excited about the proposition of being approached by Amazon to contract work. But after hearing their pitch, they are even more delusional than X. They are going cheaper than Lasership.

CanOSup

One of them
UPS certainly have employees on leave that are inside Amazon looking into their future plans.

With a marriage to FXE they'd have all the infrastructure they'd need to expand globally.

Amazon wants large metro areas. It doesn't want 3-4,000 pop. cities. It's going after the most lucrative areas. UPS can have all the Bull Semen and Junk Yard shippers.

Amazon knows every detail of UPS operations from a logistical stand point. They know the successes & failures. Not that they won't have growing pains themselves, they will. Yet, they're positioned better than any other startup delivery company in the past.

It's a definite concern. Keeps me up early in the am.

It is a concern. Teamsters should strike due to the unfair compensation they receive, that would help.

Future

Victory Ride
I am going to join them. Transfer to basically do the same job, plus being able to crap anywhere I feel like. This is a major promotion.
I don’t blame u .... we have a distribution center close by ... retiring in a few ... see what they could offer me

Box Ox

babboo25

Banned
Most of these “don’t worry” articles point out that Amazon volume is only 10% of total UPS package revenue. That’s true, but it’s also 30-40% of stop counts on routes with a residential component. Might not be terrible for UPS as a company if that volume is lost. But it would be terrible for drivers and the Union as routes would be cut big time.
Not in our center, I don’t have a lot of amazon anymore, maybe 10 stops out of 160 avg, usually an amazon pkg delivered by USPS there also.

Hroller

I realize this is an Amazon delivery thread. But does everyone really think that Amazon is our ONLY new competitor? With e-commerce, we can expect to see at least two more big players to get into the delivery business.
Look for companies like Shipt or Uber to also get into the game.

Faceplanted

Amazon has no problem in my area finding employees and or drivers.

The warehouse worker compensation is better than ups offers

We also have tons of legal immigrants who don’t mind driving for Amazon. They get paid “fair” compared to other options for them. 12-17hr to drive their brand new Corolla type s around for a few hours works great for them. We also now have tons of white Amazon vans driven around by enployees with Amazon apparel. They also tell me they get paid pair for what they do.

Keep sleeping on Amazon Guys. I been saying for years they’re not playing.