Amazon

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
In the past, was there any one company that regularly accounted for 30+% of a center's volume? The way Amazon does now?
Pottery Barn, PB Kids, PB Teen, West Elm, and Williams Sonoma are all 1 company.

Tired of seeing those big, heavy boxes every day

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
when I login to my Amazon account, it says I've been a member since 2004
Only 2004? ;)
290v6ae.jpg

wayfair

swollen member
Recently? I have been delivering Avon for years. Dread Avon Wednesdays every other week. Especially when they get their catalogues.

I've been getting a split off of another driver who has an Avon customer, those catalog boxes got bigger. They're twice the size now.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been getting a split off of another driver who has an Avon customer, those catalog boxes got bigger. They're twice the size now.
They don't fill half of the truck like they used to. In my center the routes in the crappy side of town and the lower income rural areas used get blown out with Avon. Now it's only a few scattered deliveries here and there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They don't fill half of the truck like they used to. In my center the routes in the crappy side of town and the lower income rural areas used get blown out with Avon. Now it's only a few scattered deliveries here and there.
I ran a few of those rural route. It was amazing how the route blew up on Avon day.

browner89

Seemed like a normal day here. I heard Amazon's sale was a flop. At least in my area.

I heard that it hit us unexpectedly as the centers/hubs closer to Amazons main warehouse got destroyed and we got a lot of the overflow. Never saw so many 2 day packages in my life, not even Black Friday/Cyber Monday aftermath.

Overpaid Union Thug

I heard that it hit us unexpectedly as the centers/hubs closer to Amazons main warehouse got destroyed and we got a lot of the overflow. Never saw so many 2 day packages in my life, not even Black Friday/Cyber Monday aftermath.
There should never....NEVER EVER EVER...be an unexpected package arrive at a center unless it was not scanned at all between the shipper and arriving at the center. But I hope we get some of that action here. My route is sometimes cut on Fridays.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Today I had the housecall volume/density we used to have on tuesdays. My commercial highrises were way down. One skyscraper usually has about 35 packages on a July day had 9 packages today.