America Shutdown Implemented To Ensure Our Healthcare Capacity Is Not Exceeded

newfie

Have we flattened the curve?
flatten-the-curve.jpg

Masks are the proverbial two-way street. They can help prevent an infected person from spreading the disease, and they can help prevent an uninfected person from getting it. If you go out in public, it doesn’t matter which group you fall into.
“It doesn’t take much to wear a mask,” Hawes said. “It doesn’t take much to social distance.”

i'd be curious . on that two way street. if an infected person is wearing a mask and passes a person wearing a mask are we 100 percent blocked from transmission .

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I know, just because people are using bots to spread a message doesn't mean the message is wrong. I read the original article from Carnegie Mellon's website: Nearly Half Of The Twitter Accounts Discussing ‘Reopening America’ May Be Bots

The data part was fine, but when they started explaining why the situation was problematic, they started making stuff up with no references to back up what they were saying.

"Carley said that spreading conspiracy theories leads to more extreme opinions, which can in turn lead to more extreme behavior and less rational thinking."

Evidence for this claim? Or is that speculative opinion. The problem with targeting and shutting down "conspiracy theories" is that who determines what piece of information constitutes a "conspiracy theory"? And a conspiracy theory isn't necessarily wrong just because it is a theory. If there is a lie being spread around, combat it with contrary evidence. If you can't do that, how do you know that you are right?

"Even if someone appears to be from your community, if you don't know them personally, take a closer look, and always go to authoritative or trusted sources for information," Carley said. "Just be very vigilant."

And which are the "authoritative and trusted" sources? The sources i trust, or the sources Carley thinks we should trust?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I know, just because people are using bots to spread a message doesn't mean the message is wrong. I read the original article from Carnegie Mellon's website: Nearly Half Of The Twitter Accounts Discussing ‘Reopening America’ May Be Bots

The data part was fine, but when they started explaining why the situation was problematic, they started making stuff up with no references to back up what they were saying.

"Carley said that spreading conspiracy theories leads to more extreme opinions, which can in turn lead to more extreme behavior and less rational thinking."

Evidence for this claim? Or is that speculative opinion. The problem with targeting and shutting down "conspiracy theories" is that who determines what piece of information constitutes a "conspiracy theory"? And a conspiracy theory isn't necessarily wrong just because it is a theory. If there is a lie being spread around, combat it with contrary evidence. If you can't do that, how do you know that you are right?

"Even if someone appears to be from your community, if you don't know them personally, take a closer look, and always go to authoritative or trusted sources for information," Carley said. "Just be very vigilant."

And which are the "authoritative and trusted" sources? The sources i trust, or the sources Carley thinks we should trust?
Very nice, logical expansion on my conceit of “K?”. Kudos

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Very nice, logical expansion on my conceit of “K?”. Kudos

I was originally going to attack the Daily Kos source as being a self-described left-leaning political activism blog site, but that doesn't mean the information they presented in that post is incorrect. Although there certainly is a pattern to the sources used by some members.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I was originally going to attack the Daily Kos source as being a self-described left-leaning political activism blog site, but that doesn't mean the information they presented in that post is incorrect. Although there certainly is a pattern to the sources used by some members.
Why are you stalking me on the Internet! :teethy::teethy::teethy:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
How long should the Country stay closed for?

Guidelines for reopening have been published multiple times!

Aww your nose bent out of shape because I get my information from places other than State T.V., oops I mean tRump fellatio channel, oops I mean Faux News?

Box Ox

Guidelines for reopening have been published multiple times!

You just trying to win an election in November or are you ready to listen to what Fauci is saying about irreparable damage?

Dr. Fauci Says Staying Closed Too Long Could Cause Irreversible Damage, But Urges States To Take ‘Very Significant Precautions’

“Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday that keeping the country closed for too long could cause “irreparable damage,” but he warned that states should ease off of social distancing restrictions slowly and take “very significant precautions” while doing so.”

“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” said the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.”

“He added that since cases are no longer exploding in many areas of the country, it is time to “seriously look” at reopening the economy.”

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
They used UKs football practice facility, Nutter Field House, and made it a hospital. It wasn't needed at all. At a cost of 11 million! Who you think is paying for that?