America Shutdown Implemented To Ensure Our Healthcare Capacity Is Not Exceeded

floridays

my wife works in a hospital. She and many coworkers are paid to twiddle their thumbs for 3/4 of their days and have been for a couple months now.
At least no one is sick anymore, no problems that need medical attention.
It's kinda like magic.
Hell, don't you want firemen to twiddle their thumbs 7/8 of the day?

floridays

Your wife works in some boondocks hospital. Not the same as metro hospitals. Ttku...
Exactly, why the same orders statewide?
You're proud to claim California has the 5th largest economy in the world, don't come with your hands out.
Honestly, you have no idea the rate of capacity your hospitals are running. Post some figures.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They do have meaning, you understand exactly what he said.
Do you need an illustration?
I can easily find you a picture of the same ballpark empty and relatively empty.
Stick to spelling.
You're better than that turd.
He said that Hospitals were empty , then when called out on it claimed they were relatively empty. They don't mean the same thing

Turdferguson

Just a turd
if if something is empty
I can easily find you a picture of the same ballpark empty and relatively empty.
relatively
[ˈrelədivlē]
ADVERB
  1. in relation, comparison, or proportion to something else.
    "it is perfectly simple, relatively speaking, to store a full catalog entry on magnetic tape"
    synonyms:
    to a certain extent/degree · to a limited extent/degree · to some extent/degree · partly · partially · half · in some measure · comparatively · moderately · (up) to a point ·
    [more]
    • viewed in comparison with something else rather than absolutely.

floridays

He said that Hospitals were empty , then when called out on it claimed they were relatively empty. They don't mean the same thing
I missed that, that being noted what I sent to you was correct. I'll forward the two ballpark pictures to make my point that had absolutely nothing to do with the empty part I missed. Have a good one turd

Mutineer

Middle Murica is full of anecdotal examples.

...and California is full of Quixotic examples.

But I have an anecdotal example to share from California:

I asked a Mexican friend of mine why the coronavirus doesn't seem to be running rampant through the Mexican community. He explained that Mexicans who are not citizens aren't going to hospitals like they normally do because they believe that if they are diagnosed with the virus, they will be deported.

A good friend of mine is an x-ray tech at a local hospital. He says that on any given, normal (pre-virus era) day, the waiting area of the hospital is chock-full of Oaxacan Mexicans. The most common reasons for their visits are stomach aches, foot fungus problems, and advanced, neglected STD's.

Good friend of mine x-ray tech sez that the hospital he works at is far less busy than normal.

floridays

if if something is empty
relatively
[ˈrelədivlē]
ADVERB
  1. in relation, comparison, or proportion to something else.
    "it is perfectly simple, relatively speaking, to store a full catalog entry on magnetic tape"
    synonyms:
    to a certain extent/degree · to a limited extent/degree · to some extent/degree · partly · partially · half · in some measure · comparatively · moderately · (up) to a point ·
    [more]
    • viewed in comparison with something else rather than absolutely.
bustin balls now
Yankee stadium empty
yankee stadium empty.jpg

Yankee Stadium relatively empty
yankee stadium relatively empty 2.JPG

Yankee Stadium capacity
yankee stadium capacity.jpg

Attachments

• yankee stadium relatively empty.jpg
    yankee stadium relatively empty.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 168

floridays

I cant spell worth :censored2: and No, no I am not better than that.
You been drinking or something?
Maybe a little,
I sent you some gorgeous pictures of The Stadium, you know the House that Ruth built, must have been some talented broad.:thumbup1:
Some jackasses felt the need to improve it, then move it.
Must have been some guys, we can never stick with one thing.

Take care

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My wife works in a hospital! I am telling you right here and right now, 5/2/2020, you are dead wrong! The census on her floor (non ICU) is over 90%!

You are an idiot!

He is right but only on a regional basis.

New York was the epicenter of the pandemic but there are hospitals in the Capital Region that are indeed laying off employees, primarily due to the temporary ban on elective surgeries. The nursing union is working on a plan to allow volunteers to temporarily work at hospitals in the NYC area.

newfie

...and California is full of Quixotic examples.

But I have an anecdotal example to share from California:

I asked a Mexican friend of mine why the coronavirus doesn't seem to be running rampant through the Mexican community. He explained that Mexicans who are not citizens aren't going to hospitals like they normally do because they believe that if they are diagnosed with the virus, they will be deported.

A good friend of mine is an x-ray tech at a local hospital. He says that on any given, normal (pre-virus era) day, the waiting area of the hospital is chock-full of Oaxacan Mexicans. The most common reasons for their visits are stomach aches, foot fungus problems, and advanced, neglected STD's.

Good friend of mine x-ray tech sez that the hospital he works at is far less busy than normal.

for @Turdferguson would you say that your friends hospital is far less busy then normal or relatively far less busy then normal.