America Shutdown Implemented To Ensure Our Healthcare Capacity Is Not Exceeded

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You don't know me as a person.
Like I said, you don't know me as a person.
I'd like a show of hands from all the leftist and dedicated Trump haters.......
...They just have to have something to hang on Trump to defeat him. Nothing more, nothing less.
I am saying they hate Trump so much, if others are the sacrifice, so be it.
Just my opinion.

Yes, we know you! You've made yourself transparent!

Nothing like using a pandemic to try and score cheap political points!

What's 10's of thousands dead and as many lies told as long as it doesn't hurt tRump? Or is it help tRump?

floridays

Yes, we know you! You've made yourself transparent!

Nothing like using a pandemic to try and score cheap political points!

What's 10's of thousands dead and as many lies told as long as it doesn't hurt tRump? Or is it help tRump?
I'll take your comment as you are for absolutely no more death, none.
Absolutely no more cases of covid-19, none.
You want every single person that has lost their job back to work, starting today or whatever day of the week is the first day of their work week. Is that correct?
I'm not speaking of the past, didn't mention it once, not the one time.

You made my point. You are the first amputee to respond.

Benben

Give Trump 8 years and we'll see. A lot of Obama's jobs were just recovering from the recession. And wages were stagnant. Obama said a lot of those jobs weren't coming back. And he did little to encourage business to create jobs. Or do you have info that he did?

As usual you failed to read the provided information!

floridays

are you trying to imply tRump has or will create 20 million jobs????????

Trump Has Created 1.5 Million Fewer Jobs Than Obama

Nice try!
I was implying nothing, I simply noted leftists and Trump haters could give a rats ass for the prosperity of our (your's as well) country and each individual American. As proven by this post also. You are the one making it politics, I just shined the light on your true intent.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He said that Hospitals were empty , then when called out on it claimed they were relatively empty. They don't mean the same thing
So ... you feel uneasy or incapable of answering the question as posed?
You are deflecting for some reason ... what is the reason?

Regardless, I'll pose the question again ...

"Remember when the goal of the shutdown was to ensure the US Healthcare system capacity was not exceeded by 'Flattening the Curve'?
The goal today seems to have changed to an acceptable level of deaths resulting in many American hospitals being underutilized and many healthcare employees have been laid off.

The original goal has been achieved and exceeded in many localities in America ... yet the USA is still in shutdown in areas other than around New York City and around Detroit where it makes sense to still be in shutdown".

How and when did this change of goal occur?

I don't even know what the new goal is!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hard to feel sorry for someone who makes $125/hr to sit and watch Netflix.
They aren't working anymore except for emergencies.

In Atlanta an anesthesiologist makes around $750,000 a year and they work much more than 40 hours a week to make that amount.

My friend is working less than 20 hours a week and not getting paid except for those hours worked.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

"Remember when the goal of the shutdown was to ensure the US Healthcare system capacity was not exceeded by 'Flattening the Curve'?
The goal today seems to have changed to an acceptable level of deaths resulting in many American hospitals being underutilized and many healthcare employees have been laid off.

The original goal has been achieved and exceeded in many localities in America ... yet the USA is still in shutdown in areas other than around New York City and around Detroit where it makes sense to still be in shutdown".

I see you changed the wording in your question.
I dont see your claim of hospitals being empty anymore or relatively empty.
I accept your apology

Benben

It hasn't changed. We are dealing with an infectious disease not a broken car where you replace a broken water pump and it's fixed!

The goal was, is and will be limiting the numbers infected. We just set records for both deaths and numbers of new cases in one day just last week!

Hospitals are not empty (unless you are referring to same day surgery centers or outpatient facilities) we've been through this argument already!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
this thread:D
tenor (1).gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It hasn't changed. We are dealing with an infectious disease not a broken car where you replace a broken water pump and it's fixed!
It has changed!

The goal was, is and will be limiting the numbers infected. We just set records for both deaths and numbers of new cases in one day just last week!
Look at this chart ... this is the chart that Trump, Fauci and Birx used to explain that the USA had to "Flatten the Curve" to ensure that the USA did not exceed 'Health care system capacity'.

95387700_3462801977069596_5818609924963303424_o.jpg

Hospitals are not empty (unless you are referring to same day surgery centers or outpatient facilities) we've been through this argument already!
We have not been through anything ... you offered an ad hoc example of your wife who supposedly works in a hospital.
I don't care whether she does or not, it's not relevant.
Hospitals, other than COVID wings, are very underutilized and well below pre-COVID utilizations. Hospitals are going broke and health-care employees not involved in COVID care are working 1 or 2 shifts per week or not at all.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I see you changed the wording in your question.
I dont see your claim of hospitals being empty anymore or relatively empty.
I accept your apology
One of your LibTurd friends (Benben) is such a doofus ... he doesn't realize we are just clowning around with each other.
You LibTurds should get rid of him ... he makes y'all look even more stupid and goofy than you already are.

Benben

The goal was, is and will be limiting the numbers infected!

There is no way make this easier to understand. I am sorry if you can not comprehend, (understand) this!

Ok let's try this....

The goal last week was to decrease the numbers of sick people.
The goal this week is to decrease the numbers of sick people.
The goal next week is to decrease the numbers of people who will get sick.

Benben

Old Man Jiggles,

Now if you want to claim hospitals are now empty......oops sorry, I forgot you changed your story to, "underutilized," provide proof please! Around these parts, you'd be laughed at for saying something that idiotic!

Just because precautions have been implemented and you are no longer allowed to walk into a hospital doesn't mean there are no patients inside. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. You know what they say about assumptions and all that!

MAKAVELI

So in essence, you're saying the shutdown was successful? Good thing we didn't listen to Drumpf. Lol

Turdferguson

Just a turd

The new goal is to get enough testing done so that reopening can be done based on facts, not hunches , feelings, or political expediency.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The new goal is to get enough testing done so that reopening can be done based on facts, not hunches , feelings, or political expediency.

You mean like the way the decisions were made to shutdown. By the time we get reliable enough tests, and enough of them, it will likely be too late to know how many people have been infected. We'd only know the current cases, and that info wouldn't be much more helpful than the info we have now.

So, yeah, let's stay shutdown until something impossible happens. I doubt the shutdowns could last more than another month before reasonable people start ignoring shutdown orders and get back to their lives, or less reasonable people start rioting. From what I see in my area, the former is already been happening.