dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
F33521FD-9FF2-40FA-9944-B1F5C35E73BD.jpeg
I love when my loader leaves the crayon in the truck! Free lunch!

lolbr

Writing HINs on packages isn't necessary. The shelves are already numbered. If you put the package in the correct spot on the shelf, you can easily find it by looking at the shelf number. Also, nothing beyond the first two digits are useful to drivers unless it's a large add cut, since gaps between used numbers are usually at least 20-40 apart. Looking at this example, you can easily see these packages are likely 89xx, 85xx, 84xx, and 81xx just by shelf position. If you're off by 100 it's not that big a deal.
hins.png

The key is to learn to load using the least width of the shelf. Packages should fit deep first, then tall. Envelopes should always fit between other packages. See example.
load.png

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Writing HINs on packages isn't necessary. The shelves are already numbered. If you put the package in the correct spot on the shelf, you can easily find it by looking at the shelf number. Also, nothing beyond the first two digits are useful to drivers unless it's a large add cut, since gaps between used numbers are usually at least 20-40 apart. Looking at this example, you can easily see these packages are likely 89xx, 85xx, 84xx, and 81xx just by shelf position. If you're off by 100 it's not that big a deal.
View attachment 173118

The key is to learn to load using the least width of the shelf. Packages should fit deep first, then tall. Envelopes should always fit between other packages. See example.
View attachment 173126
The numbers make it easier and quicker for preloaders to place the packages in order, especially later in the preload when PCs are getting stuffed.

Also - no way you ever get entire shelves loaded with packages that are all relatively the same size/height, like in your example. That's a dream world example......

lolbr

The numbers make it easier and quicker for preloaders to place the packages in order, especially later in the preload when PCs are getting stuffed.

Also - no way you ever get entire shelves loaded with packages that are all relatively the same size/height, like in your example. That's a dream world example......

As I stated, the shelves are already numbered. If they aren't, they should be. Yes sections get heavy and you have to shift it a bit, but you shouldn't be shifting it that much. That said, I have no issues with the numbers. I wrote them on every package that was large enough for years.

You're right, the packages aren't all similar sizes. The idea still works fine. Load the package deep first. Won't fit because too long (a rug)? Not a shelf package. Then load tall. Too tall to fit? Not a shelf package. Load those packages on the floor under the shelf. This leaves you with mostly similar size packages.

I used this method for over 8 years on multiple routes. Every single driver came in the following morning after the first time I loaded their truck and thanked me. Also, never did I work hard enough to break a sweat, nor did I have supervisors telling me to speed up. I still have them begging me to go back to preload every time I see them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
View attachment 173118

View attachment 173126
Have you ever wedged a rug directly above the bulkhead door.
or used a television to extend a shelf outward

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I signed a big fat zero on mine and handed it to my manager and he seemed irritated. I'm still in my 30 so I feel like I should have just to stay on his good side but from what I've read that charity is a scam.

"... And we do ask that you give"

Sounds like you won’t have to worry about it in a few days

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A63B02DA-360E-473E-AD48-12D36A38AFF4.gif
View attachment 173118

View attachment 173126

Have you ever seen a bricked out P-1000

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
As a driver these crayons have risked my life enough , I have slipped on these non toxic sticks enough! Every left behind crayon is a possible slip/fall injury inside our trucks!