Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Nothing at all “easy” about it. It’s about supporting your family. Doing something you “enjoy” for half the $ is the “easy” way out.

I don't have a family, I have myself.

You what else I don't enjoy? Engaging in pathetic internet fights that achieve nothing but little squirts of dopamine for the extremely cynical.

Consider me disengaged and happy new year.

specter208

They last me 2-3 days actually if I keep the same marker the whole time. Sharpies are litteraly everywhere in my building so they are easy to replace if they dry out or get lost.

We get the knockoff ones that are 2 bucks for 24. They usually last a day unless you've got over 1k packages, in which case grab two. Three of them usually last me 2 work days.

4evapreloader

We get the knockoff ones that are 2 bucks for 24. They usually last a day unless you've got over 1k packages, in which case grab two. Three of them usually last me 2 work days.
My God!!! Take me back to 2005.

I can't believe that UPS management is so desperate for answers that they have to resort to 2005 pre PAL methods to come up with answers. Yes Sharpies work a lot better. They don't break in half, get lost down in the space in the middle of trucks and yes will last a full shift.

BUT NOW WE HAVE PAL LABELS! Don't you clowns get it????? UPS Management back in 2005 declared crayons, stop counters and all associated technology dead. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a dead canary.

And now you idiots want to revive it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I can't believe that UPS management is so desperate for answers that they have to resort to 2005 pre PAL methods to come up with answers. Yes Sharpies work a lot better. They don't break in half, get lost down in the space in the middle of trucks and yes will last a full shift.

BUT NOW WE HAVE PAL LABELS! Don't you clowns get it????? UPS Management back in 2005 declared crayons, stop counters and all associated technology dead. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a dead canary.

Almost seems like a punishment. Before smart scan my sup on local sort threatened to make us read the zip codes out loud on the smalls sort to minimize misloads. I threatened to work as directed. Never did have to read them out loud. Almost all misloads were due to accidentally placing packages into the slot above or below the correct one, not misreading the label.

They want us to produce at higher rates while maintaining perfect accuracy, which is understandable. The methods they employ to achieve this, however, seem to be counterproductive. Although, I guess there could be some logic to it. Back in the high school plays, the director would make people with enunciation issues read their lines with a wash cloth in their mouths. Good training, but it only works when you take the washcloth out for the actual performance.

Imagine how much easier it would be to load while not marking the HINs on the packages after getting good at loading while having to mark them. I kinda doubt that's what they are doing though.

Michael Hunter

When I was a pre-loader I used a keel holder with a leather strap to keep it on my wrist. This would enable me to have two free hands to lift pkgs without breaking my crayon. When the crayons top became dull it didn't matter because you could press as hard as you needed to and the crayon still wouldn't break. My crayons lasted for about 4 to 6 months on avg. This also eliminated crayons on the floor to be stepped on . If UPS would purchase these $4 dollar keel holders (I'm sure they could be purchased for less in bulk) . How much could they save company wide instead of 2 or 3 sharpies a day per loader or a crayon or 5 per day ? It seems like not much until you actually crunch the numbers. It all adds up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Want to revive it? I loaded PC’s from 2006 to 2015ish...even with PAL labels...crayons were brought back around 2010.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
When I was a pre-loader I used a keel holder with a leather strap to keep it on my wrist. This would enable me to have two free hands to lift pkgs without breaking my crayon. When the crayons top became dull it didn't matter because you could press as hard as you needed to and the crayon still wouldn't break. My crayons lasted for about 4 to 6 months on avg. This also eliminated crayons on the floor to be stepped on . If UPS would purchase these $4 dollar keel holders (I'm sure they could be purchased for less in bulk) . How much could they save company wide instead of 2 or 3 sharpies a day per loader or a crayon or 5 per day ? It seems like not much until you actually crunch the numbers. It all adds up.
use them ups pays good money on that stuff