And So It Begins...

Bingo

And that's the problem Dano. There are scores of people in this nation who were born to circumstances that left them much much farther away than you were from "having a decent normal life". And as far as choices you indeed were born to a socioeconomic setting that afforded you far more choices both in quantity and quality than the people you are constantly shaming.
I agree 100% percent with Dano. We live in America ,the country where illegals are literately dying to get in our Country. One can be born in the worse situation and become a CEO of a billion dollar company. A person comes with free will and their choices will determine their lot in life. 30 years ago I left a sales management position making 90,000 a year. I wanted to be a family man and be there for my kids. I use to work 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. I took a job for 1/3 of the pay but was able to coach little league baseball ,soccer and be there for all school functions. My education level was 2 years in college and I came from broken family. The whole point here is too many people believe other conditions control their destiny. I wish more people would take responsibility for their actions and life

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And that's the problem Dano. There are scores of people in this nation who were born to circumstances that left them much much farther away than you were from "having a decent normal life". And as far as choices you indeed were born to a socioeconomic setting that afforded you far more choices both in quantity and quality than the people you are constantly shaming.
Just because some people were born to a socioeconomic setting that afforded them more choices does not give the people who weren’t born with the same number of choices an excuse to do nothing and stay in their own socioeconomic setting. That’s a choice they make.

MAKAVELI

Just because some people were born to a socioeconomic setting that afforded them more choices does not give the people who weren’t born with the same number of choices an excuse to do nothing and stay in their own socioeconomic setting. That’s a choice they make.
Unfortunately reality it's not so black-and-white. Very easy for somebody on the outside to pass judgement on someone when they have no inclination as to what that person went through in life.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And plenty of people don't have hardships but like to judge others that do.
Lol. If you only knew the hardships I’ve had. The thing all the people who rise from a poor childhood to a better life have in common is they didn’t ever give up. They kept pushing forward no matter how many hardships they faced. And rather than make excuses for any failures, they figured out what they did wrong and fixed it.

MAKAVELI

Lol. If you only knew the hardships I’ve had. The thing all the people who rise from a poor childhood to a better life have in common is they didn’t ever give up. They kept pushing forward no matter how many hardships they faced. And rather than make excuses for any failures, they figured out what they did wrong and fixed it.
I'm not talking about excuses. Just save the judgment on others when you walked in their shoes. Failures are not necessarily a bad thing. It's what we as human beings learn from.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm not talking about excuses. Just save the judgment on others when you walked in their shoes. Failures are not necessarily a bad thing. It's what we as human beings learn from.
There’s nothing wrong with failures as long as one learns from them and doesn’t give up.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And plenty of people don't have hardships but like to judge others that do.

It's not an issue of hardships, it's an issue of decisions. It's why people who have faced few hardships can easily screw up their lives and why people who've faced very trying hardships have managed to create lives that the average person would recognize as normal.

dmac1

I agree 100% percent with Dano. We live in America ,the country where illegals are literately dying to get in our Country. One can be born in the worse situation and become a CEO of a billion dollar company. A person comes with free will and their choices will determine their lot in life. 30 years ago I left a sales management position making 90,000 a year. I wanted to be a family man and be there for my kids. I use to work 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. I took a job for 1/3 of the pay but was able to coach little league baseball ,soccer and be there for all school functions. My education level was 2 years in college and I came from broken family. The whole point here is too many people believe other conditions control their destiny. I wish more people would take responsibility for their actions and life

This post is indicative of the comprehension problem those on the right have. They don't understand math. They really believe that everyone can become the CEO of Amazon. They can't see that there are not enough "Amazons" in the world for everyone to be their CEO. They fail to grasp statistics, that prove that people born in better circumstancses have a better chance. A child born to a single addicted mother who doesn't care about her childs education may not make sure that her child goes to school everyday. And that child starts out behind, even if when older wants to better himself. Being behind in 3rd grade generally means being behind in junior high, and then in high school. Being from a poorer background is generational, and isn't a choice people can make by choosing better parents, or a better genetic make-up. And those on the right will blame the third grader.

bacha29

This post is indicative of the comprehension problem those on the right have. They don't understand math. They really believe that everyone can become the CEO of Amazon. They can't see that there are not enough "Amazons" in the world for everyone to be their CEO. They fail to grasp statistics, that prove that people born in better circumstancses have a better chance. A child born to a single addicted mother who doesn't care about her childs education may not make sure that her child goes to school everyday. And that child starts out behind, even if when older wants to better himself. Being behind in 3rd grade generally means being behind in junior high, and then in high school. Being from a poorer background is generational, and isn't a choice people can make by choosing better parents, or a better genetic make-up. And those on the right will blame the third grader.
Going all the way back to my high school class, it too had it's own little caste system . Those at the bottom were the kids who came from nothing, had nothing and therefore were projected to amount to nothing, the group i was part of and some never made it through to high school graduation They either simply didn't have enough raw intelligence to make learning easy or where in living environments that were too impoverished and or too violent to make getting ahead as easy as it was for those born to better domestic conditions and of course a better learning environment Needless to say those at the bottom of the order learned to keep to themselves while the upper crust kept to themselves as well. Of course in the years that followed there were class reunions but believe it or not the kids at the bottom of the peaking order who graduated and went on to lives of modest but honorable achievement despite near zero parental support ....well.... to no ones actual surprise they weren't even invited to the reunions.

There's simply no denying the fact that the socioeconomic divisions that existed 40 plus years ago still exist today. The only thing that might be different is that there seems to be more have not's than have's than before and the temperaments of the have not's are not getting any longer or any more restrained.

59 Dano

This post is indicative of the comprehension problem those on the right have. They don't understand math. They really believe that everyone can become the CEO of Amazon. They can't see that there are not enough "Amazons" in the world for everyone to be their CEO.
They fail to grasp statistics, that prove that people born in better circumstancses have a better chance. A child born to a single addicted mother

Yet the statistics don't indicate that the typical poor adult was born to a single addicted mother, so why are you using that as your example after chiding others for their alleged failure to grasp statistics?

The biggest factor in the probability of an adult spending a significant part of his adult life in poverty is having a child out of wedlock, followed by not finishing high school or getting a GED.

And that child starts out behind, even if when older wants to better himself. Being behind in 3rd grade generally means being behind in junior high, and then in high school. Being from a poorer background is generational, and isn't a choice people can make by choosing better parents, or a better genetic make-up. And those on the right will blame the third grader.

Oh, so now you've decided that the discussion is about 3rd graders. The rest of us were talking about adults. Would you like to join us?

dmac1

Yet the statistics don't indicate that the typical poor adult was born to a single addicted mother, so why are you using that as your example after chiding others for their alleged failure to grasp statistics?

The biggest factor in the probability of an adult spending a significant part of his adult life in poverty is having a child out of wedlock, followed by not finishing high school or getting a GED.

Oh, so now you've decided that the discussion is about 3rd graders. The rest of us were talking about adults. Would you like to join us?

You seem intent on proving your low IQ. IQ measures how your brain makes connections. You seem like you don't see how a 3rd grader who is far behind could grow into an adult that is far behind. And I could have used the drunken father, absence of both parents, or a thousand other reasons a child can end up way behind his peers. You either didn't understand that there are many ways to fall behind, or you intentionally are trying to deflect from your losing argument that anyone and everyone can make it. You are just wrong, no matter what FOX tells you, or what Trump tells you.

vantexan

You seem intent on proving your low IQ. IQ measures how your brain makes connections. You seem like you don't see how a 3rd grader who is far behind could grow into an adult that is far behind. And I could have used the drunken father, absence of both parents, or a thousand other reasons a child can end up way behind his peers. You either didn't understand that there are many ways to fall behind, or you intentionally are trying to deflect from your losing argument that anyone and everyone can make it. You are just wrong, no matter what FOX tells you, or what Trump tells you.
Dude I come from a broken family. We lived in poverty for years. But I don't believe that if I don't have the big house and nice cars and lots of toys my life is a failure. And I never stopped trying. Took my pension at 55 and landed a job that pays decent. Making more now than ever, and my wife got a better job too. Allows us to save towards retirement. Do I resent what FedEx did to a lot of us? Sure. But they are paying better now. If that's not enough get another job on the side. Quit and get another job after getting some training. Don't live your life in a rage about not getting the life you want, go make it happen for yourself. FedEx management getting rich is them making it happen for themselves. You're not their slave, do your own thing.

59 Dano

I'm going by what the data tells us, and it tells us that few who complete high school and don't have children out of wedlock experience poverty, let alone long-term poverty. You want to spew excuses.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'm going by what the data tells us, and it tells us that few who complete high school and don't have children out of wedlock experience poverty, let alone long-term poverty. You want to spew excuses.
But if you eliminate their excuses, they can't wear the mantle of victimhood.

dmac1

Dude I come from a broken family. We lived in poverty for years. But I don't believe that if I don't have the big house and nice cars and lots of toys my life is a failure. And I never stopped trying. Took my pension at 55 and landed a job that pays decent. Making more now than ever, and my wife got a better job too. Allows us to save towards retirement. Do I resent what FedEx did to a lot of us? Sure. But they are paying better now. If that's not enough get another job on the side. Quit and get another job after getting some training. Don't live your life in a rage about not getting the life you want, go make it happen for yourself. FedEx management getting rich is them making it happen for themselves. You're not their slave, do your own thing.
I'm retired, happily, but I don't call people bums and degrade then all as a group without knowing anything about their circumstances. I respect people until the prove they don't deserve it, unlike some who disrespect based on prejudice and ignorance.

dmac1

And you want to denigrate some poor person who had a child at fifteen and blame her for 'poor decisions' that made her poor at 23. You don't want to help with programs like SNAP or medicaid, and that makes the child suffer, and maybe renew the cycle when THAT child grows up. That 15 year old made a bad decision, but with help, maybe she can overcome it faster, and at the same time help the child. Whether it is a single parent, or a couple with both being high school dropouts, or some poor kid with dyslexia or ADHD, or some trauma, or PTSD, or mental or emotional sickness, denigrating them as bums tell me a whole lot about you.

vantexan

And you want to denigrate some poor person who had a child at fifteen and blame her for 'poor decisions' that made her poor at 23. You don't want to help with programs like SNAP or medicaid, and that makes the child suffer, and maybe renew the cycle when THAT child grows up. That 15 year old made a bad decision, but with help, maybe she can overcome it faster, and at the same time help the child. Whether it is a single parent, or a couple with both being high school dropouts, or some poor kid with dyslexia or ADHD, or some trauma, or PTSD, or mental or emotional sickness, denigrating them as bums tell me a whole lot about you.
Unfortunately the government programs create a cycle of dependence that extends generations. If you truly want to help people don't let them starve, but otherwise let them stand on their own feet.

Bingo

And you want to denigrate some poor person who had a child at fifteen and blame her for 'poor decisions' that made her poor at 23. You don't want to help with programs like SNAP or medicaid, and that makes the child suffer, and maybe renew the cycle when THAT child grows up. That 15 year old made a bad decision, but with help, maybe she can overcome it faster, and at the same time help the child. Whether it is a single parent, or a couple with both being high school dropouts, or some poor kid with dyslexia or ADHD, or some trauma, or PTSD, or mental or emotional sickness, denigrating the as bums tell me a whole lot about you.
You are totally hopeless- sounds like you blame everybody for any problems you have (your manager,Fedex,the government, your parents,your neighbor etc) YES if you have a baby at 15 it is totally your fault and if you can not come back from that. Its not my responsibility or the governments problem. Just so you know there are 739 billionaires without a college degree and 9 billionaires without a high school diploma. So yes one can come from any background and become a financial success