And So It Begins...

dmac1

Dude, you are the one bragging about having a large population of people who are homeless and suffering.

Do you really need to stoop to lying??????? Nowhere did I brag about there being homeless people in California. But in California they get better care, while elsewhere, people like you call them bums, obviously believing that you are better than them, or more worthy of respect. Calling them 'bums' show exactly what type of person you are. Again, I find it sickening, and you should re-examine yourself for accepting it as okay.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Do you really need to stoop to lying??????? Nowhere did I brag about there being homeless people in California. But in California they get better care, while elsewhere, people like you call them bums, obviously believing that you are better than them, or more worthy of respect. Calling them 'bums' show exactly what type of person you are. Again, I find it sickening, and you should re-examine yourself for accepting it as okay.

Oh, I'm sorry. What is the proper term for a bum who has drank/drugged himself to the point of homelessness? Or who is too lazy to work? Or who bothers decent people who are minding their own business and going about their lives?

It's like the NFL. You have to be unbelievably bad to have a winless season, and performance that poor is so rare that since the end of WWII there have only been 2 non-expansion teams to play a full season without a win. It takes a lot of effort to ruin your life to that extent.

dmac1

Oh, I'm sorry. What is the proper term for a bum who has drank/drugged himself to the point of homelessness? Or who is too lazy to work? Or who bothers decent people who are minding their own business and going about their lives?

It's like the NFL. You have to be unbelievably bad to have a winless season, and performance that poor is so rare that since the end of WWII there have only been 2 non-expansion teams to play a full season without a win. It takes a lot of effort to ruin your life to that extent.

More evidence of your sickness. You lump all homeless as drugged or drunk when a high percentage of them have mental issues, which in turn leads some to drugs or alcohol. For some, it is just a little bad luck, maybe even bad parenting. I guarantee that homelessness is not a choice that most of the mentally capable homeless made. You even sound like Trump, or some other prejudiced people who lump people into categories instead of as individual people. You have a lot of growing up to do to figure out that lumping people like you do is sick. It is a sign of a mental problem. I hope you can grow out of whatever it is that makes you so hateful. Maybe your momma should have changed your diapers more often. Seems like you grew up accustomed to being a self-centered cry-baby.

bacha29

More evidence of your sickness. You lump all homeless as drugged or drunk when a high percentage of them have mental issues, which in turn leads some to drugs or alcohol. For some, it is just a little bad luck, maybe even bad parenting. I guarantee that homelessness is not a choice that most of the mentally capable homeless made. You even sound like Trump, or some other prejudiced people who lump people into categories instead of as individual people. You have a lot of growing up to do to figure out that lumping people like you do is sick. It is a sign of a mental problem. I hope you can grow out of whatever it is that makes you so hateful. Maybe your momma should have changed your diapers more often. Seems like you grew up accustomed to being a self-centered cry-baby.
His is not an isolated case. He believes that everyone was born into the same privileged background he was born into. He doesn't know what it was like to be born into a empoverished single parent home or into conditions that are even worse than that. He really does appear to be a self centered only child preppy born to parents who well perhaps not wealthy but at least pretty secure from and economic perspective. Trouble is he thinks everyone else is the same way.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
More evidence of your sickness. You lump all homeless as drugged or drunk when a high percentage of them have mental issues, which in turn leads some to drugs or alcohol. For some, it is just a little bad luck, maybe even bad parenting. I guarantee that homelessness is not a choice that most of the mentally capable homeless made.

No, it's not a choice. It's the sum of many choices. Just like having a decent, normal life.

You even sound like Trump, or some other prejudiced people who lump people into categories instead of as individual people. You have a lot of growing up to do to figure out that lumping people like you do is sick. It is a sign of a mental problem. I hope you can grow out of whatever it is that makes you so hateful. Maybe your momma should have changed your diapers more often. Seems like you grew up accustomed to being a self-centered cry-baby.

I grew up being told that my choices and actions have consequences and that I'm responsible them, but thanks for the diagnosis anyway, Doc.

bacha29

No, it's not a choice. It's the sum of many choices. Just like having a decent, normal life.

I grew up being told that my choices and actions have consequences and that I'm responsible them, but thanks for the diagnosis anyway, Doc.
And that's the problem Dano. There are scores of people in this nation who were born to circumstances that left them much much farther away than you were from "having a decent normal life". And as far as choices you indeed were born to a socioeconomic setting that afforded you far more choices both in quantity and quality than the people you are constantly shaming.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And that's the problem Dano. There are scores of people in this nation who were born to circumstances that left them much much farther away than you were from "having a decent normal life". And as far as choices you indeed were born to a socioeconomic setting that afforded you far more choices both in quantity and quality than the people you are constantly shaming.
Well, if the solution to unwanted pregnancies is to abort the baby, it shouldn't be much of a stretch to solve the problem of the homeless by aborting the bums.

Gosh, that sure puts it in a different perspective, doesn't it!!

bacha29

Well, if the solution to unwanted pregnancies is to abort the baby, it shouldn't be much of a stretch to solve the problem of the homeless by aborting the bums.

Gosh, that sure puts it in a different perspective, doesn't it!!
Please define the term..."aborting the bums". No perspective of any sort exists until then.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Don't worry. I am well informed on the basics of abortion. But, what does "aborting the bums" mean?. Does it mean that if they are predestined to live a life of modest means they should be aborted while those who are born to wealthy white parents must be allowed to be brought to term?
Simply pointing out the absurdity of the rationalization used to support RTL.

And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak...

Mutineer

I agree with you. Somewhat. In some parts of this country, it is very easy for sane, non-addicted, reasonably motivated people to find themselves dealing with job and housing insecurity. As for myself, all of my twenty-something years were exactly that.

But those people can usually count on family or friends to shack up with if they need to.

But when a person is mentally ill, an addict, or a dysfunctional drunk; THOSE people have screwed over or caused too much drama to their family and friends that they have effectively burned all their bridges. Hence, nowhere to go.

Before the Reagan administration there were mental health facilities. Most homeless people you see running amok today would've qualified for such services. A major barrier to this is the modern narrative of "homeless people have rights". And it isn't difficult to guess which political party is tooting THAT particular horn.

Druggies, drunks, and the mentally ill have been making far too many 'contributions' (read that as future mentally ill people) to the gene-pool in the U.S. simply because they are enabled and allowed to mingle together in society.

I admit that what I'm writing could be easily interpreted as advocating eugenics. A very slippery slope. But from what I've seen, the "gene pool" in the U.S. could definitely use some "chlorine."