And So It Begins...

McFeely

Huge Member
Oh, I'm sure Express called you in to fill a position for part of a program that hasn't yet launched...

Didn't they do this late in 2018? We had a couple of these PT/non-benny employees at my station starting in Nov/Dec last year. I think they called them Quest employees.

FWIW, none of them are still at my station. They were supposed to supplement our Saturday routes and heavier weekdays, but it really fizzled in my station.

Serf

Once Amazon is fully up and running its own PU/Del things are going to change so much. Express can launch silly ideas like robots, hire temps to get parcels the last mile, etc. Ground can go 7 days a week & continue to get work release inmates to drive for them. And UPS can figure out how to pay drivers 38$ per hour with 25% drop in volume. Maybe DHL is the only one safe from the shift, as they deal in International parcels.

It will be fine

Once Amazon is fully up and running its own PU/Del things are going to change so much. Express can launch silly ideas like robots, hire temps to get parcels the last mile, etc. Ground can go 7 days a week & continue to get work release inmates to drive for them. And UPS can figure out how to pay drivers 38$ per hour with 25% drop in volume. Maybe DHL is the only one safe from the shift, as they deal in International parcels.
If only Express had an international presence.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sounds like your Master Plan is working to perfection, you brilliant bastard!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano, while you have lots of information, there are areas that are hiring for these positions. We have several "older" folks that were hired for positions just like you described... Overall we've been on a hiring bonanza

They are hiring PT all over the place and have been for some time now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Didn't they do this late in 2018? We had a couple of these PT/non-benny employees at my station starting in Nov/Dec last year. I think they called them Quest employees.

FWIW, none of them are still at my station. They were supposed to supplement our Saturday routes and heavier weekdays, but it really fizzled in my station.

Yes, they've made seasonal temp hires in the past.

Meat

If only Express had an international presence.

I’ve done my part over the years. As a swing driver, I’ve had to cover for service agents at my station on occasion. This Saudi chick (pretty hot) used to come to the station to ship things back home, and would always be shipping items that would be considered offensive to the Saudi culture (i.e. the SI swimsuit issue). I knew it would be flagged on the other end, but I always let it go through, as I knew she would be charged when the package was returned. Essentially, I was doubling X’s profit.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’ve done my part over the years. As a swing driver, I’ve had to cover for service agents at my station on occasion. This Saudi chick (pretty hot) used to come to the station to ship things back home, and would always be shipping items that would be considered offensive to the Saudi culture (i.e. the SI swimsuit issue). I knew it would be flagged on the other end, but I always let it go through, as I knew she would be charged when the package was returned. Essentially, I was doubling X’s profit.
0518f4114dfcd39637959b6d8bd76ff54d730c-wm.jpg

Serf

Sounds like your Master Plan is working to perfection, you brilliant bastard!
In layman's terms what I'm saying is the human condition of people being lazy & gluttonous makes Amazon takeover of everything inevitable. Affecting other companies, brick & mortar retail, even the Enviornment as we know it.

Meat

In layman's terms what I'm saying is the human condition of people being lazy & gluttonous makes Amazon takeover of everything inevitable. Affecting other companies, brick & mortar retail, even the Enviornment as we know it.

What kind of right winger are you? Don’t you know having access to cheap disposable goods that you don’t really need and ultimately can’t afford is the meaning of life?

Meat

Specifically, what I meant was DHL driver earns 31$ an hour & only deals with international. Has virtually no domestic.

DHL was a catastrophe within the states. All the drivers that came to express at my station after DHL gave up on their North American push were terrible. I remember one peak there was a news article that DHL employees were holding Xmas presents hostage when customers went to the station to pick them up. They actually went as far to post a note on the station door that said, “You want your gifts? Bring $50 dollars and meet me at the backdoor.”

bacha29

DHL was a catastrophe within the states. All the drivers that came to express at my station after DHL gave up on their North American push were terrible. I remember one peak there was a news article that DHL employees were holding Xmas presents hostage when customers went to the station to pick them up. They actually went as far to post a note on the station door that said, “You want your gifts? Bring $50 dollars and meet me at the backdoor.”
I remember reading a trade publication article that said that DHL lost $ 600 million in it's final year in the states and was flying ground box because their service was so bad. Every now and then out here I'll see a DHL branded third party courier running around coming in from another state and would have at least another 5 hour trip back to his station.

Meat

I remember reading a trade publication article that said that DHL lost $ 600 million in it's final year in the states and was flying ground box because their service was so bad. Every now and then out here I'll see a DHL branded third party courier running around coming in from another state and would have at least another 5 hour trip back to his station.

Some time back, I had a delivery from DHL to my home, and I mentioned I worked for Express. The driver said that he had heard that X was the best non-union job you could get, and asked if he could get some tips on how to land a job at the company. My response? “Get the :censored2: off my property.”

BootsOnTarmac

Some time back, I had a delivery from DHL to my home, and I mentioned I worked for Express. The driver said that he had heard that X was the best non-union job you could get, and asked if he could get some tips on how to land a job at the company. My response? “Get the :censored2: off my property.”

0518f4114dfcd39637959b6d8bd76ff54d730c-wm.jpg