And So It Begins...

Meat

0518f4114dfcd39637959b6d8bd76ff54d730c-wm.jpg

Unfortunately, we live in a post truth society. It seems most people construe the world through a filter of their own personal beliefs despite (in most cases) objective information to the contrary. I refuse to contribute to the death of objective truth, and every last syllable I’ve ever posted on this site is the very personification of my reverence to this ideal. Go back and review my posts if you don’t believe me. When you read them, you can almost feel my quest to craft sentence after sentence of pure unaltered truth.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Specifically, what I meant was DHL driver earns 31$ an hour & only deals with international. Has virtually no domestic.

He earns $31 if he's covered by a collective bargaining agreement. I think the actual DHL guys are under a CBA, those who are working for independent contracts aren't, for the most part.

Serf

DHL was a catastrophe within the states. All the drivers that came to express at my station after DHL gave up on their North American push were terrible. I remember one peak there was a news article that DHL employees were holding Xmas presents hostage when customers went to the station to pick them up. They actually went as far to post a note on the station door that said, “You want your gifts? Bring $50 dollars and meet me at the backdoor.”
Both funny and disastrous. They seem to operate well on the coasts. Perhaps not so much in middle America?

Fixxxer

The DHL guys in my area do absolutely nothing yet everytime I see their sprinter there’s two guys in it. How could they possibly need two of them to pick up a couple envelopes

vantexan

In layman's terms what I'm saying is the human condition of people being lazy & gluttonous makes Amazon takeover of everything inevitable. Affecting other companies, brick & mortar retail, even the Enviornment as we know it.
Andrew Yang is saying 30% of all malls are going to close in the next 5 years. Amazon is killing them. If so that's that many companies that won't be using FedEx. Kind of a snowball effect.

Serf

Andrew Yang is saying 30% of all malls are going to close in the next 5 years. Amazon is killing them. If so that's that many companies that won't be using FedEx. Kind of a snowball effect.
Hard to disagree with him. I'm not saying the end is near for express. It just seems like it will be more of a niche service. Small, premier overnight. No place to grow for a career.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I'm curious - what insight into this does Yang have that no one else has? I've always been intrigued that people will entertain predictions made by people with no experience or insight on the subject that they're making predictions about. They don't usually attribute these predictions to any metrics or anything like that, but people listen anyway. It's hard enough for those who have expertise in those fields to make accurate predictions, let alone "random rich guy says [whatever]."

vantexan

I'm curious - what insight into this does Yang have that no one else has? I've always been intrigued that people will entertain predictions made by people with no experience or insight on the subject that they're making predictions about. They don't usually attribute these predictions to any metrics or anything like that, but people listen anyway. It's hard enough for those who have expertise in those fields to make accurate predictions, let alone "random rich guy says [whatever]."
Besides being a successful businessman didn't he work in the Obama administration? Asking, not sure. We seem to be doing ok with a businessman with no elected office experience. But to his point, don't you think if he's saying 30% of American malls will close in the next 5 years that his political rivals would be ripping that if they researched it and found it untrue? Do you think he's not basing it on research, just BSing us?

dmac1

Define "OK"
For one, the trade deficit with China is at a record high in May.. Thank you Donald J Trump!!!!!!!
The annual national budget is at a record high for a non-recession period. Thank you Donald J Trump
The number of people with health insurance is decreasing. Thank you Donald J Trump
The number of domestic terror attacks is at an all time high. Thank you Donald J Trump
The stock market has had zero significant growth in 2 years. Thank you Donald J Trump
Existing home sales are down for 2 straight months on an annual basis. Thank you Donald J Trump
US auto sales down EVERY month this year. Thank you Donald J Trump

Some of these are leading indicators that the economy is not going so great, except because Trump says the economy is great, we must all believe him.

bacha29

Besides being a successful businessman didn't he work in the Obama administration? Asking, not sure. We seem to be doing ok with a businessman with no elected office experience. But to his point, don't you think if he's saying 30% of American malls will close in the next 5 years that his political rivals would be ripping that if they researched it and found it untrue? Do you think he's not basing it on research, just BSing us?
Being the pro lifer consercuk you are "The Donald" could run the economy straight into the ground as long as he can get Roe vs. Wade overturned . Right now there are 59,000 homeless people in LA County California and that's just in LA County . Just one county in just one state. And yet you still believe that every unwanted kid is going to end up in a safe and proper environment . And as dmac has pointed out the signs of a troubled economy are indelible .

Bingo

Being the pro lifer consercuk you are "The Donald" could run the economy straight into the ground as long as he can get Roe vs. Wade overturned . Right now there are 59,000 homeless people in LA County California and that's just in LA County . Just one county in just one state. And yet you still believe that every unwanted kid is going to end up in a safe and proper environment . And as dmac has pointed out the signs of a troubled economy are indelible .
Not to turn this into a political conversation-but how many of those 59,000 homeless are illegals

dmac1

Most of the homeless I've seen living in California seem to be white or black. It might be a cultural thing. I don't think anyone is really coming here to be homeless. I see a lot that are day workers that don't earn much. Out of 10 million living in the LA county, 59k is a tiny fraction, but visible in the areas they tend to congregate, near services they need. It's like barely over 1/2 of 1%. The hype about homelessness from the right wing news sources is way overblown, like the threat of 'caravans' of rapists coming from Mexico that the administration is now claiming are mostly families who are overwhelming the system. They went from vicious MS13 rapists and drug dealers to more than half women and children pretty quickly. And now Bingo apparently wants to tie homelessness to illegal immigration, non-politically of course.

Reattempt tomorrow

For one, the trade deficit with China is at a record high in May.. Thank you Donald J Trump!!!!!!!
The annual national budget is at a record high for a non-recession period. Thank you Donald J Trump
The number of people with health insurance is decreasing. Thank you Donald J Trump
The number of domestic terror attacks is at an all time high. Thank you Donald J Trump
The stock market has had zero significant growth in 2 years. Thank you Donald J Trump
Existing home sales are down for 2 straight months on an annual basis. Thank you Donald J Trump
US auto sales down EVERY month this year. Thank you Donald J Trump

Some of these are leading indicators that the economy is not going so great, except because Trump says the economy is great, we must all believe him.
How about
Trade deficits mean economy is doing good
Entitlements
Obamacare
The definition of domestic terrorism keeps getting expanded every year so yeah it’s gonna be increasing
6/1/2017 s&p was 2093. Hmmm I think I’d consider a close of 2886 today a little more than zero significant growth
And home sales are whatever they are. No one really knows except there’s a shortage of entry level homes and no ones buying the expensive ones due to salt elimination which I agree thank you Trump.
And next auto industry is changing more towards higher end vehicles which the auto companies are fine with.

dmac1

If the trade deficit with China was up due to Americans buying more, that would be great, right???? Trump said that was the problem. Now the deficit is even higher, AND people are buying LESS from China but China is buying MUCH less from the US. So that means we are losing MORE money AND getting less for what we do spend. Only in the mind of a Trump syncophant would getting less for more money be a good thing. And only a Trumpie or a sociopath would thing that fewer Americans being able to get health care is good. And if you are math challenged, you think that 18 months with ZERO growth in the stock market is good. And only a fool ignores facts, makes up excuses, and deflects when the facts get in the way.