Another amazon thread

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JetDoc812, Feb 20, 2020.

1. JetDoc812

JetDoc812 Member

2. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

Looks like we're going to lose a significant amount of them in my area according to that article. It's a good thing too because they drive terribly here, even compared to snow birds.

3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

They're gonna hire directly to fill the seats of their new step-vans. Probably will offer pay that's good enough to take a bunch of FedEx guys. They'll probably poach some of our guys too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

FedEx guys, absolutely. Our guys, doubtful. Perhaps the union can either pull their heads out and realize that waiting on their “Democrat friends” is a waste of time so perhaps they should make a legitimate move towards unionizing them.

5. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

"We are planning for there to be zero or very little net job loss in these communities because nearly all impacted employees of these companies will have an opportunity to move into other delivery driver roles with Amazon partners," she said.

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time this story has been posted??

7. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I think I read the new contractors have a different contract which I'm sure happens to be more beneficial to Amazon. It says the drivers will simply move to a different DSP and continue to deliver for Amazon.

8. JetDoc812

JetDoc812 Member

Actually I looked, it seems they continue to cut contractors that’s why I posted the new story, it’s a different contractor than the others.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Gonna be interesting to see how long people keep stepping in to fill the void or if eventually companies are like it’s not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. They are going to have to up the ante

11. Brownslave688

I’m sure that’ll help with safety and production lol

How do you force the same drivers on new DSP and still keep the IC charade up?

12. Brownslave688

At which point they’ll find out oh delivering packages is hard and expensive lmao

13. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

14. Especially with the amount of packages they have to move.

15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I’m just gonna let everyone figure this one out on their own.

upload_2020-2-20_20-59-30.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. I have been lurking

I have been lurking On the spectrum

That printer?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

???

18. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I think it's a viscous cycle with Amazon and the DSP's.

The DSP's get bonuses when packages are delivered quickly but Amazon is squeezing them. This has caused DSP's to drop the daily pay rate and go to hourly. Now some drivers who were getting $170, or whatever their guarantee was, and finishing in 8 hours are only making $120 (8x$15). This has caused the drivers to slow down which in turn has stopped the early delivery bonus Amazon was giving the DSP''s because the 8 hour routes are taking the 10 hours they were projected to take.

From what I've read on that Reddit link that was posted awhile back, it sounds like the poor DSP owners have to literally jump through hoops that Amazon constantly moves. A bunch added trucks and hired drivers but never got the work. Crazy!

19. RTCD

RTCD Member

Yes, this is how Amazon operates. Squeeze the owners until they are near bankruptcy and then cut them out. Amazon just brings in a new bright eyed owner to squeeze to near death.

There’s always a new contractor that thinks they can make a dime. In two years Amazon will cut the new one loose too. Rinse and repeat.

20. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

I thought they were targeted for trying to form a union?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020