Another amazon thread

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I think I read the new contractors have a different contract which I'm sure happens to be more beneficial to Amazon. It says the drivers will simply move to a different DSP and continue to deliver for Amazon.

This happened often in the early years of FXG, the same model that Amazon is following

Heck, if your union couldn't add FXE/FXG to your teamster group, you'll have zero chance trying with Amazon

Poop Head

Judge me.
FedEx guys, absolutely. Our guys, doubtful.
You don't think that an under 3 year driver, with no kids, no brain, and constantly getting laid off and or on different routes all the time wouldn't switch? If the hourly rate was comparable to their progression rate? (Mind you, I said no brain, meaning they don't look at our benefits, pension, etc...)
They're gonna see those new Amazon trucks, internet ads, tv commercials, and think,. "yeah, that looks sweet! I can wear jeans and smoke my weed vape all day!"

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It might be a lateral move from some FXG to Amazon, but it'll definitely be a downgrade from UPS to Amazon DSPs

Some FXG subcontractors actually do pay well for the work load (it varies widely with the service areas)... but I guess most aren't, which is why you'll still see more complaints from FXG than UPS or FXE

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You don't think that an under 3 year driver, with no kids, no brain, and constantly getting laid off and or on different routes all the time wouldn't switch? If the hourly rate was comparable to their progression rate? (Mind you, I said no brain, meaning they don't look at our benefits, pension, etc...)
They're gonna see those new Amazon trucks, internet ads, tv commercials, and think,. "yeah, that looks sweet! I can wear jeans and smoke my weed vape all day!"
Well clearly when you put it like that it’s possible, but still unlikely. Where you might see it is in high rent districts across the country. $21.50 really don’t mean much around my parts so I could see someone jumping ship just because they don’t feel connected to a career.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably not. From what I understand, their SPH expectations are unbelievable. Not for a UPS driver perhaps, but definitely not what most Ground drivers are used to.

Overpaid Union Thug

Isn't this about the same thing some of the UPS drivers do when they brag about leaving packages at the beginning of a long driveway because they are to lazy to drive in?
LOL No. This was at in intersection of three streets in a very densely populated neighborhood near the main entrance. And at the time of day when the most people will be driving by. Your long driveway scenario would typically not have the package as nearly exposed. Not even close to being the same.

Package Stick

"Send it."
We had PT sup quit and do that, they wouldn't hire him because he failed a drug test lmao.

He tried driving and DQ'd himself.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The market works. Amazon was trying to create a delivery force at super low cost to them. No profit for the delivery operators, so it fails.

No one should be subsidizing their delivery operation including the postal service.

oldngray

nowhere special
The market works. Amazon was trying to create a delivery force at super low cost to them. No profit for the delivery operators, so it fails.

No one should be subsidizing their delivery operation including the postal service.

Amazon found out it wasn't that easy after all.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Amazon tries to deliver their envelopes and small boxes but when their system bulges you know it because that's when our hub gets swamped with small stuff.

They can't gain a foothold in these crowded cities. Contractors are smashing their vehicles into things left and right. I see a tow vehicle bring multiples of them up over the bridge and out of the city every once in a while. cya.

Last edited: