Another brother lost

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
RIP Mr Scott Morris,,,a senseless loss , prayers to his family , the poor driver who hit him and all his UPS friends ,,,, awful !!!!

azbigsam

I'm a part-timer and was working on the deck when this happened. I didn't know Scott other than I had seen him a few times. I know the driver that backed into him and I feel horrible for him. He is a good, safe worker and has a kind heart. I've never heard him speak badly about anyone. I hope he can get the help he will need.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It’s reasons like this we have dock workers direct us when we are backing a trailer to the pad like they’re landing a plane. It’s very noisy and a lot of activity at the airport.

Rest In Peace, brother. Love to both families.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The way our ramp guys work, I can't even imagine how this could happen. When the last can goes in they replace the railing immediately and someone comes around to guide you out. They double-check everything.

Very sad situation!

ManInBrown

The way our ramp guys work, I can't even imagine how this could happen. When the last can goes in they replace the railing immediately and someone comes around to guide you out. They double-check everything.

Very sad situation!
Yes but there are also the workers working at ground level. Where I am we have one employee that constantly walks around peeking behind the trailer and communicating with the loaders finding out how much longer till it can be pulled. Then there is also a worker that walks around and places the yellow seal and the paperwork in the light socket for when the trailer is done and you can pull.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Yes but there are also the workers working at ground level. Where I am we have one employee that constantly walks around peeking behind the trailer and communicating with the loaders finding out how much longer till it can be pulled. Then there is also a worker that walks around and places the yellow seal and the paperwork in the light socket for when the trailer is done and you can pull.

If we back to a platform while they are working on it, they direct us from the platform. We are also not allowed to idle or put any air to trailers before receiving the go ahead from a person on the ground.

There is/was absolutely no reason for someone to be guiding a trailer from the ground in that situation.

ManInBrown

If we back to a platform while they are working on it, they direct us from the platform. We are also not allowed to idle or put any air to trailers before receiving the go ahead from a person on the ground.

There is/was absolutely no reason for someone to be guiding a trailer from the ground in that situation.
Agree but there are people walking around at ground level at all times. At least where I am. No reason for them to be standing anywhere they could be hit though.

clean hairy

Very sad.
2 families affected by this tragedy, let us remember this could be any of us under different circumstances at any time.
Prayers for both families....

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Horrifying. Rip sir. I hope ups doesn’t retaliate too severe on the driver of the trailer. Stay safe everyone

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm a part-timer and was working on the deck when this happened. I didn't know Scott other than I had seen him a few times. I know the driver that backed into him and I feel horrible for him. He is a good, safe worker and has a kind heart. I've never heard him speak badly about anyone. I hope he can get the help he will need.
This is a horrible accident.

Does management strictly enforce UPS Yard Safety Control Procedures on a daily basis at this location?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
At our airport the guys doing all the loading and unloading aren't UPS employees, they work for some outside company that contracts with the airport.