Another customer you want to strangle story

BlackCat

I delivered to a lady today who I know is an online shopaholic. She usually gets 10+ a day from amazon/qvc/target...today she had a 145 treadmill or whatever workout machine and had her front door open when I got there. I carted it to the door and set it down and she said "I am disabled you have to put it in here"...she tells me she is disabled as she is walking to the door! Knowing she is not disabled and just wanted me to be her personal furniture deliverer, I just said "can't enter anyone's residence, have a good day" and walked away. She yelled something as I was walking away, but I just ignored her.

All these people order their over sized and over weight crap and expect us to waste time bringing it where ever they want it. Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Your order it, you deal with it, if you want it further than the front door then you better go to a furniture store and pay for that service.
It is amazing how many customers have a bad back or just had surgery when we deliver irregs.

clean hairy

More frustrating is trying to get an overweight oversize to the door, and being asked to bring it inside.
Decline and she has Junior (6'3" and quite a muscleman) come to the door to take it inside.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Does it drive anyone else nuts with locker/amazon boxes? I’ll have 30+ packages to put in some of these and people will try and cut ahead of me in the middle of putting stuff in there or ask if they can get their stuff real quick as I’m using it. I just find this really rude...even when they are standing over my shoulder. Thoughts ?
Yeah had this happen at the lockers I do for a set of apartment buildings, it does piss me off I usually will say yeah when I'm done you can get your package and continue scanning. It's like in grade school first come first serve IMO.

Thoroughbred Teamster

Customer wants me to stand there as she opens each box and examine for damage every single day. Today I was a little stressed after she says "Hurry Up" to me. She got 5 big boxes. I asked if she wanted them at the front door as usual and she "clicks her tongue" in disgust. I put them at her front door and started to walk away and she demanded I open them up. I responded that she knows I don't carry a knife and I told you I cant open any customer boxes as a Ups Employee. We have talked about this before. She said I guess I will go in the house and get one. I just got into my truck and drove away. Yesterday I told her I didn't have time to wait around and if she had any problems just to file a claim thru the 1-800 number. Every Fffing day I cant just deliver and go. everyday she eats up 5-10 mins of my time.

Any tips on how to handle this crazy bitch. I feel next she will have me mowing her lawn and reroofing her house if I don't stand my ground. I do not want to get a bullseye on my back with management but I don't have time to Bull:censored2: with this customer. she is Obviously self entitled and overly demanding above what a ups driver is allowed to do. I really don't know how to handle her. I want to give good customer service but some people are just idiots. I don't know what I can and cannot do and what the rules are. I want to shut her down without getting pulled into the center managers office with my stewart. Any comments are welcome.

Two words: will call.

iowa boy

Had one a couple weeks ago where I set the 2 boxes by the back door and then knock. Person comes to door as I'm walking away and says to me, "What did you bring me? I pointed to the boxes and said, "those 2 right at your feet". Individual then says, "well, do you happen to know what's in them?" So I had to say, with a straight face, "Well, UPS no longer allows up to open up the boxes we deliver, so I really couldn't tell you what's in them." Had to turn around right away to keep the customer from seeing me laughing at them.

That's one of the better ones if had in a while.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had one a couple weeks ago where I set the 2 boxes by the back door and then knock. Person comes to door as I'm walking away and says to me, "What did you bring me? I pointed to the boxes and said, "those 2 right at your feet". Individual then says, "well, do you happen to know what's in them?" So I had to say, with a straight face, "Well, UPS no longer allows up to open up the boxes we deliver, so I really couldn't tell you what's in them." Had to turn around right away to keep the customer from seeing me laughing at them.

That's one of the better ones if had in a while.
I have a few generic responses for those kinds of people
"It's bars of gold"
"Probably a kilo of coke"
"A live kitten open it quick"
etc...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
More frustrating is trying to get an overweight oversize to the door, and being asked to bring it inside.
Decline and she has Junior (6'3" and quite a muscleman) come to the door to take it inside.

One of my biggest peeves and one that sometimes gets me in trouble due to my inability to control my mouth is when the people come outside and just stand by the door looking stupidly at me. I don't care if I have an envelope or am carrying a trampoline, if you come outside, you better be walking towards me to meet me in the middle or telling me to leave it right where I am.

This isn't a fashion show and I don't want some meatsleeve staring at me the whole time while I carry their crap up to them. I have been "spoken" to because I get annoyed the person won't come towards me and just set the stuff down away from them and walk off.

BlackCat

One of my biggest peeves and one that sometimes gets me in trouble due to my inability to control my mouth is when the people come outside and just stand by the door looking stupidly at me. I don't care if I have an envelope or am carrying a trampoline, if you come outside, you better be walking towards me to meet me in the middle or telling me to leave it right where I am.

This isn't a fashion show and I don't want some meatsleeve staring at me the whole time while I carry their crap up to them. I have been "spoken" to because I get annoyed the person won't come towards me and just set the stuff down away from them and walk off.
I love the finger point where to put crap..

I can guarantee that your :censored2: wont end up in the spot you pointed to.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I love the finger point where to put crap..

I can guarantee that your :censored2: wont end up in the spot you pointed to.
Happened to me a couple years ago. I was covering a route and I was carrying a 60ish pound box to a guys door. He was outside talking to his neighbor, I said hello as I walked up and he just turned and said "put it on the porch" with a not so nice tone and a quick finger point. I set it down right as he said that and walked away. I felt kind of bad because he was older, maybe 60 ish, but I don't put up with those kinds of people.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
i am a complete jerk to my customers on this front.

i always says, "you may only inspect it after you accept it. or you can refuse it. period." then i explain to them that people are liars and "what if you only need one thing, you open the box, take it, then claim damages or missing parts. it happens all the time"

the look on their faces when they realize i just called them dishonost and a liar is all the info i need that they will never pull that stuff again.
The stressed look was them trying to memorize the contact info on the side of your package car.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The stressed look was them trying to memorize the contact info on the side of your package car.
Anytime I piss off a customer I give them my name and the centers number. IDGAF about complaints and I think it's cute when customers think complaining with accomplish anything. I think only one person has actually called the center, and my center manager and myself had a laugh over it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Anytime I piss off a customer I give them my name and the centers number. IDGAF about complaints and I think it's cute when customers think complaining with accomplish anything. I think only one person has actually called the center, and my center manager and myself had a laugh over it.
Ours doesnt laugh.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I used to like when they’d get pissed and want my badge number

Just kept moving

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Happened to me a couple years ago. I was covering a route and I was carrying a 60ish pound box to a guys door. He was outside talking to his neighbor, I said hello as I walked up and he just turned and said "put it on the porch" with a not so nice tone and a quick finger point. I set it down right as he said that and walked away. I felt kind of bad because he was older, maybe 60 ish, but I don't put up with those kinds of people.
Customer rudeness begets rudness.......

And hearing problems from the driver.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
back after the strike in 97 things were so slow I was delivering packages for awhile. had a customer like yours. she bitched about something the first 3 days . The 4th day she started to bitch and i told her "you know you can always request FedEx delivery. That left her speechless.

sure enough i got called into the office and the on road told me i couldnt go around telling customers to use our competitor. I told him i didnt take crap from anyone . a couple days later I was back in feeder.

WTFm8

Does it drive anyone else nuts with locker/amazon boxes? I’ll have 30+ packages to put in some of these and people will try and cut ahead of me in the middle of putting stuff in there or ask if they can get their stuff real quick as I’m using it. I just find this really rude...even when they are standing over my shoulder. Thoughts ?

Let em in. Add to your time at the stop.

Get on the 9.5 list and be paid to stand around and able to file on the extra time created.

Get less stops.

Win. Win.

Last edited:

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I have a few generic responses for those kinds of people
"It's bars of gold"
"Probably a kilo of coke"
"A live kitten open it quick"
etc...

My go to is Christmas vacation "it's your jelly of the month club subscription. It's the gift that keeps on giving."