Another customer you want to strangle story

allahuakbar

She/Her
When I first took my route this company orders 4 boxes of paper every few months. They have me put one box by the one copier and the other 3 in a closet I almost stopped doing it till I got $200 bucks last peak.

Whither

Scofflaw
Business on a crap route I've been covering gets CODs couple times a week. Never have the check ready, but the staff is prompt cutting one. The boss is another case entirely. I've dealt with him twice and he's called in complaints each time for "rushing" him haha. I gave him my name and asked if he wanted my truck number. Gave my sup a heads up, of course, and both the sup and OMS find the guy laughable and said that his complaints will not be filed on my record.

Without giving too many details, this last time I killed the guy with kindness and he escalated the situation to incredible lengths. Loudly berated me in front of his staff and customers, yelled that he didn't want the EFFING packages. I smiled: "Very well, I will sheet the packages refused and we will return them to the shipper, have a nice day." Called my sup for the second time in 5 minutes and he backed my decision. Never been happier to tote 6 irregs all the way back to the building. Guess what happened the next day? maroon called in asking about his packages, he never refused them, I'm a liar etc etc. OMS and I had a good laugh about that one.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Business on a crap route I've been covering gets CODs couple times a week. Never have the check ready, but the staff is prompt cutting one. The boss is another case entirely. I've dealt with him twice and he's called in complaints each time for "rushing" him haha. I gave him my name and asked if he wanted my truck number. Gave my sup a heads up, of course, and both the sup and OMS find the guy laughable and said that his complaints will not be filed on my record.

Without giving too many details, this last time I killed the guy with kindness and he escalated the situation to incredible lengths. Loudly berated me in front of his staff and customers, yelled that he didn't want the EFFING packages. I smiled: "Very well, I will sheet the packages refused and we will return them to the shipper, have a nice day." Called my sup for the second time in 5 minutes and he backed my decision. Never been happier to tote 6 irregs all the way back to the building. Guess what happened the next day? maroon called in asking about his packages, he never refused them, I'm a liar etc etc. OMS and I had a good laugh about that one.
would have given him the phone number to FedEx.

Whither

Scofflaw
Drop it off and wave. "Have a good day!" Every time.

Rare that I can CIR that stop. If there's no COD, there's a sig required. But it's all good. And in this case, mgmt actually has my back since, of course, they hate the thought of us being delayed a couple seconds. Needless to say, this place doesn't have an account and isn't a "preferred customer".

Whither

Scofflaw
would have given him the phone number to FedEx.

Maybe the companies that ship to this business will go purple if I wind up CIR'ing without payment several pkgs that are part of the COD ("2 of 8", "3 of 8" etc) but only the first is labeled COD with a collection amount. Sup instructed me to deliver all pkgs that don't have collection amounts. Said shippers are just avoiding the COD fee and we have no liability in this case, the risk is on them haha. Once I had a 19 piece set for this stop but only the first pkg had the COD label for over 8 grand.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Maybe the companies that ship to this business will go purple if I wind up CIR'ing without payment several pkgs that are part of the COD ("2 of 8", "3 of 8" etc) but only the first is labeled COD with a collection amount. Sup instructed me to deliver all pkgs that don't have collection amounts. Said shippers are just avoiding the COD fee and we have no liability in this case, the risk is on them haha. Once I had a 19 piece set for this stop but only the first pkg had the COD label for over 8 grand.

I've seen that a few times. I've always just delivered the packages that don't have COD's on them. I have no way of knowing what's been paid for and what hasn't.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
after the 97 strike when things got real slow the following year i went into package for a short time. of course being new to it I was slow and customers would complain. well after a couple complained I told a couple of them "you know you can always use FedEx."

well that got back to the office and they called me in to explain I should not say that. i told the supe that I don't take crap from them so why should i take crap from customers? they were rude so I reacted in kind. I wasn't in package very long. sent me back to feeder.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
after the 97 strike when things got real slow the following year i went into package for a short time. of course being new to it I was slow and customers would complain. well after a couple complained I told a couple of them "you know you can always use FedEx."

well that got back to the office and they called me in to explain I should not say that. i told the supe that I don't take crap from them so why should i take crap from customers? they were rude so I reacted in kind. I wasn't in package very long. sent me back to feeder.

19F4C989-73A2-4413-9A55-8C5889932057.gif

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The new super market manager confronted me with ,, hey ,, hey you , did you make an appointment?? You don’t leave anything at the courtesy booth !! you call an make an appointment and do wait at rear door ,,, ok I said , sent all his Mass State Lottery tickets for the week back refused ,,,, effffff yooooou !

Rack em

Made the Podium
The new super market manager confronted me with ,, hey ,, hey you , did you make an appointment?? You don’t leave anything at the courtesy booth !! you call an make an appointment and do wait at rear door ,,, ok I said , sent all his Mass State Lottery tickets for the week back refused ,,,, effffff yooooou !
Make an appointment to deliver? HAHAHAHAHA. I would bet his stuff will be refused often with an attitude like that.

25TOLIFE

Had a delivery to a family owned farm/home greenhouse florist business. There were numerous boxes, maybe four handcarts worth. One of the owners told me where to drop the boxes. Finished and I had to find someone to sign for everything. Owners son tells me to move everything upstairs to a different building entrance which by the way was not the regular delivery point for that location. I politely tell him I can't do that now as everything is unloaded. He says to me "that's my name on the sign and that means you do whatever I tell you to do". I told him not a chance and our conversation almost became a physical confrontation. Never did I want to stomp somebody's head in more than that day. He called in a complaint and my punishment was never having to go there again. On a positive note they must have gone out of business as their property is abandoned now.

Dumbperson

Had a delivery to a family owned farm/home greenhouse florist business. There were numerous boxes, maybe four handcarts worth. One of the owners told me where to drop the boxes. Finished and I had to find someone to sign for everything. Owners son tells me to move everything upstairs to a different building entrance which by the way was not the regular delivery point for that location. I politely tell him I can't do that now as everything is unloaded. He says to me "that's my name on the sign and that means you do whatever I tell you to do". I told him not a chance and our conversation almost became a physical confrontation. Never did I want to stomp somebody's head in more than that day. He called in a complaint and my punishment was never having to go there again. On a positive note they must have gone out of business as their property is abandoned now.
Oh you aren't my personal porter? Can I speak to your manager

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I pointed to my shirt and told one clerk at stop ,, see this ?? UPS ,, not U Personal Slave ,, I was banned for a while from that place ,, lol

542thruNthru

I pointed to my shirt and told one clerk at stop ,, see this ?? UPS ,, not U Personal Slave ,, I was banned for a while from that place ,, lol

We had a driver get into it with a manager of a hotel. The manager demanded she move a heavy package to another floor in the hotel(they have conventions at this hotel). She said no she had to go. So the manager got in the package car and said you're not going anywhere till you move that package. When she refused he tried to take the hand cart away from her so he could move it. He shoved her and tried to force it out of her hand. When he realized she wasn't going to let go he finally gave up and left. The manager called in a complaint and said she is never allowed to set foot on their property again. My P* center manager at the time crumbled to their demands instead of putting their crap on will call after assaulting one of his drivers.

The center manager tried to have her removed from route but our steward fought it and instead they moved the stop and pick up to another truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a driver get into it with a manager of a hotel. The manager demanded she move a heavy package to another floor in the hotel(they have conventions at this hotel). She said no she had to go. So the manager got in the package car and said you're not going anywhere till you move that package. When she refused he tried to take the hand cart away from her so he could move it. He shoved her and tried to force it out of her hand. When he realized she wasn't going to let go he finally gave up and left. The manager called in a complaint and said she is never allowed to set foot on their property again. My P* center manager at the time crumbled to their demands instead of putting their crap on will call after assaulting one of his drivers.

The center manager tried to have her removed from route but our steward fought it and instead they moved the stop and pick up to another truck.
That was usually my experience with management. They would side with the customer and make you look like the bad guy.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Doorbell cameras omfg...

“ummm can you just sign for the envelope for me?”

“I cannot forge your name lady.”

“well I know that! but is there anyway...(while I’m filling out the info notice shaking my head)

I really wanted to say: “just don’t request a sig-if you-want-your-:censored2:!!!