Any Centers getting Peak food?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Columbia feeders normally puts on a feed on the night before christmas eve. They place fresh homecooked food out about every four hours. It's the one night that they don't push departure times.

Hangingon

After a long cold day I'll eat whatever swill they put in front of me. I just wish they could put out a frosty keg.

It's been awhile, but we used to have a center manager that would spring for us to go to an inexpensive buffet after peak. The expensive part of the bill was the unending pitchers of beer.

paidover95

We were told there is no $$ for any food platters,or anything.In all honesty I dont want to hang around the building listening to everyone complain about the job anyway.Ill pick up my own food on the way home,and enjoy it with the family instead.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
One of my drivers brought me a small bag of donut holes left over from his breakfast today, I figure that's all the food I'll be getting in my center.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our dept had a potluck lunch today to celebrate Christmas and our "District Manager" retiring. UPS did not buy any of the food which is appropriate in these tight times.
A good time and we all needed a break ... our peak has been very rough this year.
It's too bad that many of our work groups don't have the ability to get together like this.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We never got food ,but for a $10.oo donation to the United Way our C.M let us keep all the send agains to take home as presents

UPSviking

At my center we sell the wood from pallets that come to our center, that can bring in enough for breakfast at least once during peak.....

Dustyroads

In our center, for more than the last 30 years, a very thoughtful wife of one of our finest package car drivers puts on a breakfast feast for us on the Monday before Christmas. Everyone always looks forward to it. There's everything from hot biscuits and gravy to meat and cheese to homemade peanut clusters. They always bring juice, too. I'm sure she's making cookies and candy right now. It's a pretty special treat by one of our own.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a "pallet guy" also. It's an old guy with a beat up pickup truck who comes by once a week or so to haul off our broken or unwanted pallets. I don't know if we pay him to do it or if he has an agreement to take them for the wood so we won't have to pay to have them hauled away.

Stran

Holy Toledo
We had a Christmas Party at a local restaurant / bar last night. Various hot wings, potato salad, rolls. Buffet style in their party room. Not sure who sprung for the party but we did the same last year. You had to buy your own drinks.

NY11725

We were told there is no $$ for any food platters,or anything.In all honesty I dont want to hang around the building listening to everyone complain about the job anyway.Ill pick up my own food on the way home,and enjoy it with the family instead.

Wow, could not of said this any better myself..Amen

D

Dis-organized Labor

I wonder what UPSSOCKS is planning for his people. All 3000 or 300 of them. The number varies. Maybe he fires 2700 of them and UPS hires some more and he fires them and........