Any Centers getting Peak food?

M

Meliorate

Haven't done anything in Corporate. I think every group is on there own dime. I don't begrudge the driver's geting anything as they deserve it!

Last year in our center, our center manager put a tin of butter cookies, the kind you get at the dollar store, in our check in area. That was our food gift. With 70 plus drivers in our center, each driver took out one cookie and dropped it on the floor. This year, they might be tempted to get cheap.

UPSSOCKS

You guys should get food. Go to the union hall and have them cut you a check to buy some. In my neck of the states, we have decided no food for the help. We have ordered food every night for management on UPS's tab. No food for teamsters though. You come to work and get a paycheck, most of you aren't worth that. Why do you think we cut the free turkey's out of the mix?

brownIEman

Last year in our center, our center manager put a tin of butter cookies, the kind you get at the dollar store, in our check in area. That was our food gift. With 70 plus drivers in our center, each driver took out one cookie and dropped it on the floor. This year, they might be tempted to get cheap.

What a marvelous display of contempt and ingratitude. Clearly you felt slighted by the meager offering of your center manager. Just out of curiosity, what, exactly, do you feel he owes you?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What a marvelous display of contempt and ingratitude. Clearly you felt slighted by the meager offering of your center manager. Just out of curiosity, what, exactly, do you feel he owes you?

Maybe instead of a dollar store tin of cookies, a pat on the shoulder and "merry christmas and thank you for your hard work this year"...which many of us never have seen...

brownIEman

Maybe instead of a dollar store tin of cookies, a pat on the shoulder and "merry christmas and thank you for your hard work this year"...which many of us never have seen...

From the original quote, it is not clear that there was no pat on the back and a merry Christmas and thanks for all the hard work this year.

If the center manager did not make at least that gesture, I would question his people skills. Even if he thought the tin of cookies WAS a way of saying thank you and merry Christmas.

I think we can all agree that would be an appropriate gesture. The question was, and still is, do you feel it is owed to you? If you are owed a dollar, and someone gives you a dime, you certainly have the right to be as upset as the drivers described in the post, and I could certainly understand them feeling slighted. To perform the act of contempt they did, they must have felt slighted, which means they must have felt they were owed more than they got. If you are owed nothing, and someone gives you a dime, you have no real claim on any contempt whatsover, even though you recieved the exact same amount.

So the question still stands, for anyone complaining about poor or no food being brought in, what is it you feel you are owed?

And sleeve, to be owed or even deserve a "thanks for all your hard work this year" wouldn't you have had to actually do some hard work this year? :happy2: j/k

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A small jesture of cookies ,coffee, soda,cold cut plate from the mgmnt team is a nice thing,it probaly came out of their own pocket because of the cutbacks.If you have been at UPS long enough,you should realize there won't be many ""attah boys "" and just accept it. As far as some of the ingrates here,the only thing UPS owes you is the check on Fridays.

UPSSOCKS

I wonder what UPSSOCKS is planning for his people. All 3000 or 300 of them. The number varies. Maybe he fires 2700 of them and UPS hires some more and he fires them and........

I am holding their personal day checks until after Christmas. They know I have them, and they want them. That's my present to them. Bah Humbug......

over9five

Staff member
I have decided not to participate in the "party". I do think it was a thoughtful gesture, but I work, get paid. That's really all I'm there for.
Even when I was in Package, and they had some sort of BBQ, I would skip it. When I'm done working, I'm going home.

Mick32

We're going to have pizza for the local sort tomorrow night and breakfast sandwiches for the drivers and preload on Thursday morning.