Any News Clippings?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They didn’t plan very well and they have been doing this Internet shipping for 20 years.. and they know it goes up every year by 10-15 percent so you have to hire more people every peak to help with that growth... I can even tell them that and I’m just a driver... it’s not rocket science....sometimes the shareholders need to take a back seat to what we need to get done...take a stand..

But I thought technology was allowing us to do more with the same number of people. Guess they didn't order the package delivering androids in time to make it by Christmas.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
But I thought technology was allowing us to do more with the same number of people. Guess they didn't order the package delivering androids in time to make it by Christmas.
All talk...typical corporations... so out of touch with what really matters!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Possible if they planned like they did in our centers. It looks like the big hubs didn't plan very well. We have been having full time working pre load and metro for 5 months. Because they can't hire people who want to sweat. From the work they do
Who wants to work their asses of when they can go work at McDonald’s, amazon or target and make more per hour.. kids don’t care about healthcare in their 20’s and 30’s unless they have a family.. ups, the days of people winding around a city block for a part time or driver job is over... what are you going to do to get workers to come here AND stay for longer than 2 months???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
  • 1. The future of the package industry is in the air"
  • 2."A fair day's work for a fair day's pay"
  • 3."Don't make company demands that border on harassment"
  • 4."They are advised to constantly seek better, safer work methods."
  • 5."Provide the best possible service for the least money."
  • 6."Always promote from our own ranks"
  • 7."No stock outside the company"
  • 8."Treat your people well and the company will florish."
  • 9."Stay close to your employees."
  • 10."Personal pride and dignity are essential to each employee, without this management fails and the company will not prosper."
Most of those are long gone....oh well...

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember when they used to talk about the Founders?
They don't even mention Casey anymore.
Casey was all about service. It quit being
United Parcel Service years ago. I would bet a large percentage of those in the Ivory Tower today have no clue who Casey even was or at the very least what he stood for.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nice job @scratch !!! Way to let our customers down during Christmas time.... what do you mean you couldn’t work 3 more golf cart routes into your routine!!!

I actually had an easy Peak, I was usually one of the first drivers back to the building by 8PM. Our Preload couldn't get 20% of the packages listed in my EDD everyday into my package car. I tried to deliver one beat up box today that was lost in the bowels of my Hub ten days ago, customer refused it. One of the out-of-state supervisors sent in to bail us out told me this morning that UPS is expecting us to strike. Management is picking vacations now and aren't allowed to pick the two months after the current contract ends according to him. He was asking me what I knew about negotiations.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I actually had an easy Peak, I was usually one of the first drivers back to the building by 8PM. Our Preload couldn't get 20% of the packages listed in my EDD everyday into my package car. I tried to deliver one beat up box today that was lost in the bowels of my Hub ten days ago, customer refused it. One of the out-of-state supervisors sent in to bail us out told me this morning that UPS is expecting us to strike. Management is picking vacations now and aren't allowed to pick the two months after the current contract ends according to him. He was asking me what I knew about negotiations.
interesting...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Or ups has already decided that they aren’t going to bargain in good faith and push us to strike.....offer the membership crumbs....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
  • 1. The future of the package industry is in the air"
  • 2."A fair day's work for a fair day's pay"
  • 3."Don't make company demands that border on harassment"
  • 4."They are advised to constantly seek better, safer work methods."
  • 5."Provide the best possible service for the least money."
  • 6."Always promote from our own ranks"
  • 7."No stock outside the company"
  • 8."Treat your people well and the company will florish."
  • 9."Stay close to your employees."
  • 10."Personal pride and dignity are essential to each employee, without this management fails and the company will not prosper."
Geez!
What century is that BS from?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Which is a slap in the face since it is so close to the corporate office....absolutely ridiculous scratch...it basically makes all of your guys hard work throughout the year null and void because of very poor planning from ups suits...
Like anyone cares about your opinion!