Any Predictions on Who's Getting the Axe on Monday?

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Monday is the day the division level managers get their official assignment/orders. Official announcements on Tuesday. Admins got the pre-alert this week also.

I predict the final plan will be revealed pretty soon.

Any guesses on who will be out of a spot?

Will it be the people already in place of will people the best people be moved to assume the reduced number of positions?

tieguy

Banned
Monday is the day the division level managers get their official assignment/orders. Official announcements on Tuesday. Admins got the pre-alert this week also.

I predict the final plan will be revealed pretty soon.

Any guesses on who will be out of a spot?

In our district they find out wednesday. each is scheduled at a specific time with the district manager

their assignments will then be revealed.

they will have to decide whether they are accepting the assignment on the spot.

they will then sign a three year contract for the job.

not sure what happens if they refuse the assignment. Possible seperations who knows.

official announcements expected friday.

Will it be the people already in place of will people the best people be moved to assume the reduced number of positions?

tieguy

Banned
Get rid of them all!!!

I understand your point and expect it from you.

for me this process and the elimination and seperation of the admins is a disturbing trend for this company.
The old ups would have done staff reductions by attrition.

Whoever they get rid of it won't be enough all we need is a bunch of cardboard carriers and a couple guys that use to work for Geek Squad at BestBuy.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I had the day/date mixed up. I meant to say Tuesday. I heard they meet with the district manager on Tuesday and announcements will be made on Wednesday. I also heard that those getting the axe will be called in last if they are assigned to the district. Those getting the axe will be met in person by their next level manager if they report to region or corporate - look for visitors and/or last minute travel plans. TSG supposedly has the list of potential eliminations. The first thing (before they are notified) that happens with a management separation is revoked access and hard drive back up.

tieguy

Banned
I had the day/date mixed up. I meant to say Tuesday. I heard they meet with the district manager on Tuesday and announcements will be made on Wednesday. I also heard that those getting the axe will be called in last if they are assigned to the district. Those getting the axe will be met in person by their next level manager if they report to region or corporate - look for visitors and/or last minute travel plans. TSG supposedly has the list of potential eliminations. The first thing (before they are notified) that happens with a management separation is revoked access and hard drive back up.

might be . stay tuned.

Braveheart

I understand your point and expect it from you.

for me this process and the elimination and seperation of the admins is a disturbing trend for this company.
The old ups would have done staff reductions by attrition.

Attrition and buy outs, not take it or leave it there is the door. It sure seems like Mr casey would not have done it like this.

UPS shows true colors to their own. No loyalty. Many of these "company" men and women are getting the shaft.

I am told no benes and they can not bridge the gap either for a couple of years by paying for their own benes until 55.

All those years of service and sacrifice for a door slam in the ass.

Braveheart

I have been told that at least one high level manager around here has taken the buyout.

Another has taken a transfer to another part of the state.

I had a fellow UPS driver tell me some sups were walked out in Tampa, Fl this past week.

Any truth to that???

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm just wondering, if this can all trickle down..... as in district mangers taking over center manager jobs, center manager's taking over sup jobs.... sups taking over pt sups or quitting ?
Is that possible ?

whiskey

I'm just wondering, if this can all trickle down..... as in district mangers taking over center manager jobs, center manager's taking over sup jobs.... sups taking over pt sups or quitting ?
Is that possible ?

Perish the thought.
Those Olympic medals looked like they were run over by a train.

dillweed

Maybe this is why our sups' panties have been in a bunch lately. Friday a higher up was in the building and it was chaos. Bickering and/or freaked out sups were even going outside for private pow-wows of some sort.

At end of the sort one ft manger was getting so high strung with hourlies that I grabbed my coat and got the heck out of there.

raceanoncr

On a side note:
Here, HERE, the rent-a-cops are on high alert for the past week. Metal detectors have been turned up, more intense searches, etc. Why, I (you) ask? Their reply:
"We heard the supes/mgrs are ready to get their letters/walking papers and they're afraid of repercussions."

From supes/mgrs (past/present)? No way!!!!!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I know it has been intense around the hub. Feeders will be going thru a big alingment, and everybody is fighting to protect their turf. Now that we will be one big happy District, the Mangers that are staying are trying to keep what they got.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I cant tell you who is getting axed if any in my building. However all of UPS is due for huge re-alignment. Thank about it here in California from what I know we all have been on PASS for about 3 years so our current loops represent business of 3 years ago. Well the delivery world is definitely not what it was 3 years ago. Most of our routes have been so cut and pasted that most of them are no where near efficient. At this point due to the advances in technology we are so top heavy in management its ridiculous, 103 years later and we still just drive park deliver for the most part. We don't need so many supes walking around reminding us to drive safe, to use our seat belts, to use 3-points of contact and so on. I say every building, in my case 200 plus routes, could get by with ONE management team. PCM's could be given to us via the DIAD and we could have once a week 5 minute (face time) meetings with a supe.
In any economy, not just this one, we should always be looking at ways to cut un-needed positions. Sorry but we all know that the management of UPS 2010 does not do the the same tasks of the management of UPS 1910.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I cant tell you who is getting axed if any in my building. However all of UPS is due for huge re-alignment. Thank about it here in California from what I know we all have been on PASS for about 3 years so our current loops represent business of 3 years ago. Well the delivery world is definitely not what it was 3 years ago. Most of our routes have been so cut and pasted that most of them are no where near efficient. At this point due to the advances in technology we are so top heavy in management its ridiculous, 103 years later and we still just drive park deliver for the most part. We don't need so many supes walking around reminding us to drive safe, to use our seat belts, to use 3-points of contact and so on. I say every building, in my case 200 plus routes, could get by with ONE management team. PCM's could be given to us via the DIAD and we could have once a week 5 minute (face time) meetings with a supe.
In any economy, not just this one, we should always be looking at ways to cut un-needed positions. Sorry but we all know that the management of UPS 2010 does not do the the same tasks of the management of UPS 1910.

Centers will be consolidated - this is just a nice way of saying there will be less management, managers and up in particular. Come Tuesday or Wednesday there will be approximately 1/3 less division level managers. I expect the same trend to flow down to the center managers in the coming months. IE, PE, Auto, HR, Finance, Labor, Feeders will see the biggest cuts. Operations will get some too. I'm not sure what the ratio will be but it was clearly stated in the official announcement that there will consolidations (less management at manager level and above) in operations. It's likely the structure will be announced on Wednesday, with changes/reductions of managers occurring over the next several months.

The packet is not an indication of who will be eliminated. It was based solely upon age. Qualifications and performance will be the driving factors used to determine who's left standing, thus the "panties in a bunch" activities you're seeing.

It's going to be a very interesting and tense time.