Any Predictions on Who's Getting the Axe on Monday?

airbusfxr

Tie, I love UPS, I had 800 shares OPL, GONE, who ran OPL? I have worked in a tail of an Airbus in PHX in Aug on a hyd leak, I have worked on the #2 eng in a snow storm in ANC in Jan, I have turned A/C in SDF in peak where planes where stacked and jacked and all left on time, loaded to the brim. DC8s broken in the 80s when there were NO SPARES and either had to be fixed or "lear launches" resulted in thousands of dollars of free packages. Dude, we are asking for a contract that expired in 2006, and UPS had made BILLIONS while not paying aircraft mechanics the money owed. I want UPS to expand but I dont want to pay for it because I have already gave 800 shares of OPL to them. Yes I hypo'd my :censored2: to the max to provide capital for "the company" in the late '90s. The pilots and mechanics groups both had high percentage of workers that invested in UPS to grow not just cash money but actually hypo loans that were high risk investments after the strike of '97. We were rewarded but if the company had failed we would have been stuck with hypo loans that would have bankrupted us. I only had 1 div mgr that said "thanks for investing in our future" heck he was run off before the IPO so that really reinsured me that I made a sane investment. I have never heard a mgt person call a union member a nazi but in return I have heard hundreds of union people call mgt box nazi thousands of times in my years. Tomorrow if UPS runs off thousands of managers that have not "hit a lick" in ten years I will not shed a tear, many have sit at desks and not provided one ounce of service commitment or made any decision of importance that has resulted in the betterment of the UPS operation. Let the chips fall where they may.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, I love UPS, I had 800 shares OPL, GONE, who ran OPL?

then you had 1600 common stock?

I have worked in a tail of an Airbus in PHX in Aug on a hyd leak, I have worked on the #2 eng in a snow storm in ANC in Jan, I have turned A/C in SDF in peak where planes where stacked and jacked and all left on time, loaded to the brim. DC8s broken in the 80s when there were NO SPARES and either had to be fixed or "lear launches" resulted in thousands of dollars of free packages. Dude, we are asking for a contract that expired in 2006, and UPS had made BILLIONS while not paying aircraft mechanics the money owed.

you guys have been working for free all this time? your not suggesting your committment to this company is more then everyone elses and worth twice the salary of a package driver are you?

I want UPS to expand but I dont want to pay for it because I have already gave 800 shares of OPL to them.

you didnt give ups 800 shares of opl you bought 2 for 1 as an investment not to give ups something. you may have lost some money on the deal but did so because of an overzealous IRS.

Yes I hypo'd my :censored2: to the max to provide capital for "the company" in the late '90s.

you hypo'd to make money not to give the company anything.

The pilots and mechanics groups both had high percentage of workers that invested in UPS to grow not just cash money but actually hypo loans that were high risk investments after the strike of '97. We were rewarded but if the company had failed we would have been stuck with hypo loans that would have bankrupted us. I only had 1 div mgr that said "thanks for investing in our future" heck he was run off before the IPO so that really reinsured me that I made a sane investment. I have never heard a mgt person call a union member a nazi but in return I have heard hundreds of union people call mgt box nazi thousands of times in my years. Tomorrow if UPS runs off thousands of managers that have not "hit a lick" in ten years I will not shed a tear, many have sit at desks and not provided one ounce of service commitment or made any decision of importance that has resulted in the betterment of the UPS operation. Let the chips fall where they may.

dude I can'tf believe you kept a straight face as you fed me this BS. Ive hypo myself. not to give the company anything but in the hopes that I would cash in more gold from the golden goose.

All that is interesting but the point still is that you and your crew have been here hogging the threads with every opportunity. Your making more money then any other upser here your benifit package is better then anyone here yet you expect us to feel sorry for you because you're still working under an old lucrative contract.

airbusfxr

Dont tell me airline people had to buy 4 shares of ups to get 1 share of opl. You mgrs got 2 for 1 no wonder Davis made off like a bandit. Non mgt got stuck bad on that deal.

fr8dog

fixer. relax. theres no way in h/ll there going to let 1000 bodies take this whole company o the street even the every day drivers in my center want us to go on strike. even the front line sups want a few weeks off. but they cant say it out loud.

fr8dog

dude I can'tf believe you kept a straight face as you fed me this BS. Ive hypo myself. not to give the company anything but in the hopes that I would cash in more gold from the golden goose.

All that is interesting but the point still is that you and your crew have been here hogging the threads with every opportunity. Your making more money then any other upser here your benifit package is better then anyone here yet you expect us to feel sorry for you because you're still working under an old lucrative contract.
Tie, ill go back on the airline site after this post. sorry, but look, all were asking for is a lousy 3 percent...ya no what..never mind.

airbusfxr

I will also go back to the airline forum, after Tie sets the stock record straight. Tie hypod using company funds and we hypod using our own money. How many sups and mgrs used their own money, credit cards, kids college funds, etc etc to buy UPS? I can tell YOU that a higher percentage of pilots and mechanics hypod their own funds over the general sups and other hourly workers risked their money. Now Tie got 2 for 1 on OPL and thats ok he risked "house money" and I mortaged my home, kids college money, and credit cards to make a few bucks.I had Tie's 2-4 year wages tied up in a freakin loan. Do not ever tell me I have only stood with my hand out, I invested several hundred thousand dollars on this company, not only my dedicated service. You only think we want want want but never say thanks for putting up your home to invest in tie, UPSSUCKS, and dysfunctional manager to sit a cubicle and plan golf outings.

tieguy

Banned
I will also go back to the airline forum, after Tie sets the stock record straight. Tie hypod using company funds and we hypod using our own money. How many sups and mgrs used their own money, credit cards, kids college funds, etc etc to buy UPS? I can tell YOU that a higher percentage of pilots and mechanics hypod their own funds over the general sups and other hourly workers risked their money. Now Tie got 2 for 1 on OPL and thats ok he risked "house money" and I mortaged my home, kids college money, and credit cards to make a few bucks.I had Tie's 2-4 year wages tied up in a freakin loan. Do not ever tell me I have only stood with my hand out, I invested several hundred thousand dollars on this company, not only my dedicated service. You only think we want want want but never say thanks for putting up your home to invest in tie, UPSSUCKS, and dysfunctional manager to sit a cubicle and plan golf outings.

you don't have any idea what you're talking about do you. you don't hypo using company funds.

and only an idiot would hypo to give the company more working capital like you claim.

and if you bought stock you bought it 2 for 1. while many investors wanted to buy only opl like you claim you had to buy two shares of common stock for every one of opl.

the more you post here with this stupidity the more I understand why you don't have a contract.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, ill go back on the airline site after this post. sorry, but look, all were asking for is a lousy 3 percent...ya no what..never mind.

thats fine , i hope you get it. you need to have a sidebar with airbusfixr his information borders on dishonesty and does nothing to help your cause.

airbusfxr

You are so out of touch with reality. You bought 4 shares of UPS and 1 share of OPL was your "reward". This is the problem with you, YOU have a view that is only yours. You side with the company when they are right or wrong. I have forgot more about this company than you claim to know. Sad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"You bought 4 shares of UPS and 1 share of OPL was your "reward".

You are absolutely right......this is false. We didn't " BUY" anything. We were "given" the stock and given the additional share of OPL. :happy2:

tieguy

Banned
You are so out of touch with reality. You bought 4 shares of UPS and 1 share of OPL was your "reward". This is the problem with you, YOU have a view that is only yours. You side with the company when they are right or wrong. I have forgot more about this company than you claim to know. Sad.

I'm not sure where you're going with this stupidity but let me spell out my answer which had nothing to do with defending the company.

you said you bought 800 shares of OPL. You could not buy 800 shares of opl without buying two shares of common stock for every share of opl. many upsers wanted to buy opl when
it was the hot stock but could not buy it exclusively. therefore sir you are a liar.

you said you bought opl to help the company out. OPL was an insurance stock and your buying it did not help the company out. OPL was seperate from ups. therefore you answer either indicates that you are again a liar or you are an idiot. which one is it.

third point this type of lying stupidity that you are posting is what loses any sympathy for the airline mechanics. your cause would be better served if you shut up and dissapeared. Let the other guy speak for you guys he sounds like he has a brain.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I am amazed at what the Airbus guy is saying. I don't see anything close to being accurate.
Is there some kind of Brown Cafe rule that one has to "stay" in their "respective" thread? Am I supposed to feel sorry for the airline guys because they only make so much money? If they have been without a contract for 3 years, is it because the company won't give them what they want or because both sides cannot agree?

FAVREFAN

David Ragan may get the ax tomorrow, that was a totally unavoidable on lap 34 in Atlanta today. At least a warning letter and a safety ride, he needs to study his Five Seeing Habits more......
That would save us at least $20million right there.

BleedBrown

i had not heard about a 3 year contract....Are we going to contract employment for Division level and above???

Once you are notified of your new position you have 24hrs to accept. If you take a transfer you will be required to sign a three year contract to cover your moving expense. Your payback will be a tier over the three years.