Anybody Else Get Paid the Triple Time 9.5 Penalty Yet?

outta hours

At my center this past Friday everyone who has been filing for the new triple time for hours over 9.5 finally saw it on their paycheck. We had grievance awards from $60-$525. So if you have not filed for over 9.5 penalty pay I encourage you to do so. Many people in my center were very skeptical that the company would pay as they agreed to in the new contract for over 9.5 violations. They have now seen it happen ,and I anticipate there will be a barrage of new over 9.5 grievances to be filed soon.

happyboy

Wow, I was wondering about that, they have not even posted the opt in out list in my center yet, I haven't heard of anyone filing a grievence yet.

Overpaid Union Thug

We still haven't seen the list go up either. But then again we haven't had a problem with over 9.5s in months. Our center has so many runners and lunch skippers that it's rare that anyone goes over 9.5. Even if they are dispatched over 9.5. The only people that go over 9.5 lately is people that walk at a brisk pace and don't sort and deliver through their lunch breaks. But even that is rare. Maybe our dispatcher knows what he's doing. He has been spreading the work around pretty evenly since we went live on PAS/EDD.

rocket man

b a up keep running through your lunch the fuel prices going through the roof your giving your center false numbers. when your co workers are laid off I HOPE YOU WORK TILL ELEVEN . The union fought for your rights to get lunch

Overpaid Union Thug

b a up keep running through your lunch the fuel prices going through the roof your giving your center false numbers. when your co workers are laid off I HOPE YOU WORK TILL ELEVEN . The union fought for your rights to get lunch

Are you on crack? I never said I ran and skip lunch, which, I DON'T and don't plan on doing.

IF you cant do your routE with out taking lunch YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER QUALIFIED TO BE A DRIVER

I walk and take the full-hour lunch. Hell, I eat at buffets for Christ's sake! LOL!

wornoutupser

My center manager has just agreed to pay my first greivance for over 9 1/2 at triple.

It appears that my vacation this summer will be paid in full if this continues because UPS LOVES to keep me out past 9:00 PM almost every night!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
At my center this past Friday everyone who has been filing for the new triple time for hours over 9.5 finally saw it on their paycheck. We had grievance awards from $60-$525. So if you have not filed for over 9.5 penalty pay I encourage you to do so. Many people in my center were very skeptical that the company would pay as they agreed to in the new contract for over 9.5 violations. They have now seen it happen ,and I anticipate there will be a barrage of new over 9.5 grievances to be filed soon.
Why are you seeing it in your paycheck. All grievances are to be paid on a separate check !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't seen any 9.5 pay yet. And we hav been filing since the beginning of the year.

outta hours

Our grievances have never been paid via a separate check. It's on your regular pay stub listed in the column with hours worked. It says Grievance and then the amount.

Why are you seeing it in your paycheck. All grievances are to be paid on a separate check !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't seen any 9.5 pay yet. And we hav been filing since the beginning of the year.

Keep filing, doesn't cost you much and sooner or later you will get the triple time for all of the back log of days over.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Our grievances have never been paid via a separate check. It's on your regular pay stub listed in the column with hours worked. It says Grievance and then the amount.
I wonder if it's a difference in regions? Here they are not allowed to pay grievances on our weekly pay checks. They have to be a separate check.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well my steward just told me this morning that before they start paying off on the 9.5 grievances they are pulling GPS info for every grievance filed. Has anyone else heard this?

Well my steward just told me this morning that before they start paying off on the 9.5 grievances they are pulling GPS info for every grievance filed. Has anyone else heard this?
That's gonna be an attempt at intimidating people from filing. Here they just ride with the driver of three days in a row.

JustTired

free at last.......

This is why (if your on PAS/EDD) you should run your area by trace. No matter how screwed up that trace is, if you're not running it that way, odds are you won't get the grievance payed. Even though by running it out of trace you are probably saving time and miles, you end up screwing yourself when it comes to 9.5 penalties.

My advice is to do the job as you are directed. Become the mindless drone that they want you to be and laugh all the way to the bank. I know for some (including me) it is a hard pill to swallow, but obviously they could care less that you are out there trying to do the job in the shortest time you can while still giving the service that the customer payed for and expects.

This is why (if your on PAS/EDD) you should run your area by trace. No matter how screwed up that trace is, if you're not running it that way, odds are you won't get the grievance payed. Even though by running it out of trace you are probably saving time and miles, you end up screwing yourself when it comes to 9.5 penalties.
That can't be true, apples/oranges. The over 9.5 has nothing to do with trace in the contract. WORKING over 9.5 is the key. The only thing they can gig you for by not staying on trace is building up miles (their version of integrity issue). As long as you can give valid reasons for being off trace you're covered. The EDD does not know that ABC business closes at 3 everyday and it is three blocks away from you at 2:50 with 10 more business deliveries to go before you can get there on trace. You sometimes HAVE to break trace.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you run trace 50% here you are a hero. Why the obsession with you 2 hour over guys about everyone skipping lunches. Just cause a guy is an hour early doesn't mean he runs and skips. Maybe he's quicker, more effecient and talks less than you? As of opt in / opt out list I haven't seen one yet.

raceanoncr

I wonder if it's a difference in regions? Here they are not allowed to pay grievances on our weekly pay checks. They have to be a separate check.

Art. 7 of the "National Master United Parcel Service Agreement" contract :
LOCAL AND AREA GRIEVANCE MACHINERY

All monetary grievance settlements shall be submitted by separate check payable to the grievant or grievant(s) and a copy of the same sent to the Local Union for their records.

Can't get any clearer than this. No region riders in effect here. Master Contract dictates all grievances have to be separate checks.​

raceanoncr

That can't be true, apples/oranges. The over 9.5 has nothing to do with trace in the contract. WORKING over 9.5 is the key. The only thing they can gig you for by not staying on trace is building up miles (their version of integrity issue). As long as you can give valid reasons for being off trace you're covered. The EDD does not know that ABC business closes at 3 everyday and it is three blocks away from you at 2:50 with 10 more business deliveries to go before you can get there on trace. You sometimes HAVE to break trace.

How can that be? You say "...building up miles" is the only thing they can "gig" you on? That WORKING over 9.5 is the key?

How about working as directed? I can just see this now in a grievance hearing:

"Did you run the area according to trace? No? Then how do you know you would've gone over? Are you smarter than us? You know what a 9.5 dispatch is?"

Also, miles doesn't equate to more time? How about I have a deteor of about 60 miles. If I drive 60 miles per hour, it takes me 1 hour to complete the deteor with nothing accomplished but driving miles. The package driver that delivers to my house (no, I'm not a p/c driver and haven't been for some years. Am a feeder driver) says he was running about 33 miles a day before the "new" PAS. If he runs "on trace", he now puts in about 100 miles a day. That doesn't take more time? He doesn't just "gig" em on miles, he "gigs" em on time every day too!

"Valid reasons for being off trace"? Like what? You give one but I don't see that as valid. A local business closes at 3 and it's 2:50 and you got 10 more businesses in between? Is that MY fault that EDD doesn't know that? Sounds like a call to dispatch is in order at that time. I never did and never would now make those kind of decisions when I had previously informed dispatch of these problems. This business closes at 3 every day and this is the first time you've made that known?

"You sometimes HAVE to break trace"? The sometimes you HAVE to break trace, is it approved by center manager? If not, I don't do it! PERIOD!

That's how you win grievances! By WORKING AS DIRECTED!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I need some clarification on this 9.5 issue. I thought that if the driver had a planned day/dispatch that was 9.5 or greater for 3 days or more than an grievance can be filed. I didn't think that it was based upon how long it took the driver to deliver the area, especially if his paid day was over 9.5 but his dispatch was not. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.