Anymore non 9.5 Hubs left?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Forever it's been UPS thinking that it's cheaper to pay the o.t. than pay for another employees salary, health care, pension, vacation and also additional pkg car, gas, tires, starter and more mechanics etc. So what changed? If this is trying to save money I don't get it. Can someone explain to me how UPS benefits from this!
wait til after peak... you are jumping the gun here... bet it goes right back to where it was...

JL 0513

I'm confused---up until about a month ago everyone was complaining about all the hours they were forced to work and were getting yelled at to sign the 9.5 list. Now all of a sudden everyone is complaining they aren't getting enough hours.

It's more about going down to very little OT when for so many years we were accustomed to 5-10 hrs of OT a week typically.

Yesterday I had a 7.25 paid day. Why go from one extreme to another overnight? I think a majority of guys still want about an hour OT a day. Overall, you're always going to have a split among drivers on how many hours they want.

Sounds like the right move going forward. More routes, cheaper drivers..we're still making full time driver rate. They still need us. Keep the ot there's nothing wrong with 45ish hours a week. They won't cut Monday's they'll push volume and regulate it with more routes and bodies.

I think 45-47 is good. I just don't want only 40-42. IMO, the OT money is what makes the job worth doing.

JL 0513

There's also the loss of over 10 time bonuses. Some locals, like mine, pay 20 minutes of OT pay when you go over 10. So that money is gone too and that is free money that adds up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's also the loss of over 10 time bonuses. Some locals, like mine, pay 20 minutes of OT pay when you go over 10. So that money is gone too and that is free money that adds up.
But you have no right to that money if the company chooses to work you less.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's more about going down to very little OT when for so many years we were accustomed to 5-10 hrs of OT a week typically.

Yesterday I had a 7.25 paid day. Why go from one extreme to another overnight? I think a majority of guys still want about an hour OT a day. Overall, you're always going to have a split among drivers on how many hours they want.

I think 45-47 is good. I just don't want only 40-42. IMO, the OT money is what makes the job worth doing.

Better get a part time job OT is gone

JL 0513

But you have no right to that money if the company chooses to work you less.

They have every right of courseb, but just saying they set an expectation over many years of what the job is. They created the norm of OT and then overnight they take most of it away.

Better get a part time job OT is gone

I don't need the money, I just enjoy having extra money that is 50% easier to earn.And you can't say for sure that "OT is gone" forever. In fact we still get it, just not as much.

JL 0513

It's interesting that UPS would decide to greatly increase their workforce at the moment unemployment is at its lowest in 50 years.There's more job openings in the country than people looking. Good luck UPS.

$see$gone

Forever it's been UPS thinking that it's cheaper to pay the o.t. than pay for another employees salary, health care, pension, vacation and also additional pkg car, gas, tires, starter and more mechanics etc. So what changed? If this is trying to save money I don't get it. Can someone explain to me how UPS benefits from this!
The only explanation is the introduction of hybrid drivers who will be making much less, especially up front. I can see no other reason. UPS has never cared about the OT complaints from drivers wanting less hours. They wouldn't just suddenly change.

I could see if we suddenly got a new CEO who wanted to do things very differently but itsi the same leadership.

$see$gone

Your wrong about sudden leadership changes. His name is Scott Price the new transformation officer (created position) from Wal Mart. Hired last year in November.

Overpaid Union Thug

Every since RDO was taken away my stop counts have been lower anyway. 100% ORION trace + being on the 9.5 list = less stops. So right now they really don't know what else to do with my route. Other than under dispatch. I love ORION.