Anymore non 9.5 Hubs left?

lolbr

I say give OT to the guys that wants it and take it off the guys that don’t, Ups is making this more difficult than it has to be.
We had that. It was called a 9.5 list. You put your name on it, they give the hours to drivers who don't sign up for it. Only, just like all the other stuff in the contract, UPS refused to honor it, and the union wouldn't do much to enforce it.

JL 0513

You are not guaranteed any overtime. So another mute point.

Everyone knows we're not guaranteed OT. There's no such thing. There is something called expectation built into a job for many years though and to suddenly change that is what's rubbing many people the wrong way.

It's Iike Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation. Gets a Christmas bonus every year as part of his salary since being with the company but this year, unannounced, they're cut the bonus. Sure, it was never guaranteed but nevertheless expected.

Perhaps the OT has allowed a driver's wife to stay home instead of taking a PT job. One hour driver OT = most 4-6 hour shifts at a PT job.

HereWeGoAgain

Bought an electric car years ago, only has 50k miles on it. Next 50k will be gas free and payment free. Also purchased Solar panels, which are close to being paid off. Losing overtime dosent even make me blink. Being smart with your money with your mind on the future goes a long way. Hey maybe with losing all the OT i can get my child support payment lowered..:peaceful::devil2:

Last edited:

Bought an electric car years ago, only has 50k miles on it. Next 50k will be gas free and payment free. Also purchased Solar panels, which are close to being paid off. Losing overtime dosent even make me blink. Being smart with your money with your mind on the future goes a long way. Hey maybe with losing all the OT i can get my child support payment lowered..:peaceful::devil2:
Wait until they slap a mileage tax on you.

HereWeGoAgain

Wait until they slap a mileage tax on you.
Maybe, not worried about a couple hundred bucks a year. I'd be ok with working 3 days a week. Theres a lot of people worried about losing there overtime though and its the guys with 700 dollar truck payments.

CalDrvr06

What about the guys that waited all these years to be at top rate. Have a mortgage and kids jus getn established that extra butter on that bread would taste a lot sweeter. Sorry ur sick of it but I'm jus getn started. Gonna be worse for the guys coming up below me. They will never crack 90-100k. Like I said b4 to me it's the overtime that makes this job worth it. Respect

HereWeGoAgain

I dont think it really has to do with respect? I feel terrible for the people who are coming up there getting completely hosed. I voted NO, but I'm smart enough to know that OT was nothing but a 401k boast or stock contribution. You NEVER base your budget off overtime.

Maybe, not worried about a couple hundred bucks a year. I'd be ok with working 3 days a week. Theres a lot of people worried about losing there overtime though and its the guys with 700 dollar truck payment.
I can’t even imagine a $700 car payment. In my dream world, I would work alternating 3day/4day weeks.

CalDrvr06

Of course I can make it on 40hr a week. But is it as easy?? No. Saving for kids college. God forbid a nice vacation once a year. Eating out on a Saturday night maybe bowling/movies. I thought this was a blue collar middle class job?? I'm in california too by the way

HereWeGoAgain

Of course I can make it on 40hr a week. But is it as easy?? No. Saving for kids college. God forbid a nice vacation once a year. Eating out on a Saturday night maybe bowling/movies. I thought this was a blue collar middle class job?? I'm in california too by the way
I always thought it was wacked people in Cali made the same as someone in the midwest. I could live off 80k comfortably here in the midwest.

CalDrvr06

I live jus outside the bay area. All my friends/relatives that are doing ok/well all make over 100k. Seems middle of the road out here unfortunately.

CalDrvr06

Anyways I'll make it work. Actually I have been called in 2 drive Saturday air out here the last 3 consecutive weeks. So there's always a way to get that extra bump. Just gotta be ready and willing.

CalDrvr06

But they are running more cars on my center and putting a big effort into getting guys off earlier. They call it "Lowering the paid day"