Anyone else get fired or disciplined for reporting safety violations?!!

F

Frankie's Friend

20190318_115350.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They talk about UPS getting twice as many violations as FedEx. Conditions in an Express warehouse are a lot different than UPS. Our trucks aren’t parked so close together that they’re touching, so when bulks come down the belt they’re pulled and put between the trucks, not stacked out. Also, there’s a huge volume difference. Management is always walking the belt telling everyone to clear the egress when blocked.

I can speak from being at multiple buildings. I have no idea about Ground conditions.

What do you think @MAKAVELI ?

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

How's that ?
I know of two employees that got walked out for reporting egress violations in their immediate work area, and lost two days pay without compensation (great ba we have) even after osha cited and fined the company.

542thruNthru

I know of two employees that got walked out for reporting egress violations in their immediate work area, and lost two days pay without compensation (great ba we have) even after osha cited and fined the company.

What was the reason that management put for the termination?

If something like that were to happen here it would start a :censored2: storm for both the company and local.

browned out

If something like that were to happen here it would start a :censored2: storm for both the company and local.

UPS retaliates against workers who report safety violations. UPSers who report safety issues are targeted. UPS nit picks and fires them on "methods violations" ,"failure to work as directed", "not following UPS prescribed procedures", etc. It is commonplace.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS retaliates against workers who report safety violations. UPSers who report safety issues are targeted. UPS nit picks and fires them on "methods violations" ,"failure to work as directed", "not following UPS prescribed procedures", etc. It is commonplace.

30 years in.... and you are afraid of management.

F

Frankie's Friend

They said that no recording devices were allowed to be used in the building.
It was a known fact that the safety committee asked employees to snap a picture of any unsafe issue and bring it or text it to a committee's member.

They did and the company walked them out. One worker asked to borrow the other workers phone to shoot a pic and they walked both out.

F

Frankie's Friend

Btw...

Our ba did nothing to get them compensated for being terminated while documenting the issue that was found to be valid.
They shouldve gotten back pay and an apology.

Your local is not like ours. Embarrassing .

F

Frankie's Friend

That guy in the article from Cincinnati is famous....I believe he was also featured on TDUs website at one point...lol
He has more spine than most.
How long will this abuse go on?
Who else will stick their necks out for their coworkers that dont have the guts to speak up?

He filed a grievance on it after going to the safety committee. The labor mgr was at the safety meeting! The grievance went to the same LM.

I heard that nothing was done about it at or after the safety meeting and then he filed a grievance months ago which to my knowledge has not been heard at a local level hearing.

What's left?

OSHA.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

He has more spine than most.
How long will this abuse go on?
Who else will stick their necks out for their coworkers that dont have the guts to speak up?

He filed a grievance on it after going to the safety committee. The labor mgr was at the safety meeting! The grievance went to the same LM.

I heard that nothing was done about it at or after the safety meeting and then he filed a grievance months ago which to my knowledge has not been heard at a local level hearing.

What's left?

OSHA.
Didn’t say he did anything wrong

542thruNthru

They said that no recording devices were allowed to be used in the building.
It was a known fact that the safety committee asked employees to snap a picture of any unsafe issue and bring it or text it to a committee's member.

They did and the company walked them out. One worker asked to borrow the other workers phone to shoot a pic and they walked both out.

Btw...

Our ba did nothing to get them compensated for being terminated while documenting the issue that was found to be valid.
They shouldve gotten back pay and an apology.

Your local is not like ours. Embarrassing .

I'm guessing that resulted in this notice you've posted.
20180429_131933.jpg

I know you have a horrible BA. Is your Local E Board just as bad. It's amazing they haven't been voted out a lot time ago with some of the stuff you've mentioned.

542thruNthru

This was tried here years ago. We actually had a driver file a law suit for hostile work environment. Ever since then we haven't really had a problem with the methods nit picking. Not saying they don't try it but documenting everything and creating your own paper trail helps. Of course your local has to back you.