Anyone else get fired or disciplined for reporting safety violations?!!

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm guessing that resulted in this notice you've posted.
View attachment 240449

I know you have a horrible BA. Is your Local E Board just as bad. It's amazing they haven't been voted out a lot time ago with some of the stuff you've mentioned.
Puppets.

Came within a blonde hair last election.
If i gave you the vote tally you'd crap.
The JC lawyer they brought in to "oversee" the election was exposed trying to disqualify valid members ballots.

Oh buddy, there was a bunch of trash going on. We didnt know all of it until the election was over.

That nlrb notice came from RA's case.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm guessing that resulted in this notice you've posted.
View attachment 240449

I know you have a horrible BA. Is your Local E Board just as bad. It's amazing they haven't been voted out a lot time ago with some of the stuff you've mentioned.
That nlrb notice came from RA's case.
Nope, that posting was a result of NLRB charges out of Local 251 in Rhode Island, not RA's case.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS retaliates against workers who report safety violations. UPSers who report safety issues are targeted. UPS nit picks and fires them on "methods violations" ,"failure to work as directed", "not following UPS prescribed procedures", etc. It is commonplace.
This bs “methods violations” will eventually need to be addressed in the contract.... company is using this language as a blanket statement to trip guys up on missing a couple things in a 10 hour day with the thousands of motions drivers go through a day... This will be something I will let O’Brien know when he comes out to the west coast....

rod

Retired 22 years
It was such a cluster friend when I worked not only could you not get out of the building you couldn't even get into your truck most mornings.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Good good...
giphy-2.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes I think I can read that signature but I'm not sure if he's left handed. Only know if it's who I think it is, he's one of the rare few who are "right" thinking.
FB_IMG_1487687446244_zps98e9rww3.jpg

I found a better copy....and perhaps you are on to something???

Looks like this particular letter came out of the Minneapolis NLRB Office.

I could have sworn there was a similar decision, around the same time, out of Local 251....but???

Inthegame

I could have sworn there was a similar decision, around the same time, out of Local 251....but???
There was, and another local in the CRT had a decision on "protected concerted activities" that was held in the affected members favor.
Your remembory is fine.

F

Frankie's Friend

Central Region is good enough!

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
They said that no recording devices were allowed to be used in the building.
It was a known fact that the safety committee asked employees to snap a picture of any unsafe issue and bring it or text it to a committee's member.

They did and the company walked them out. One worker asked to borrow the other workers phone to shoot a pic and they walked both out.
Yea you cant take pics