Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

babboo25

Banned
Black Friday is a done deal. The best that we can hope for is an additional option and/or sick day.

The alternate work week is also a done deal. Yes, working on Sunday and/or a non-consecutive work week would suck, but we have to adapt in order to remain competitive.

1/52 vacation pay is also a done deal. Most of us get anywhere from 45 to as much as 50 hours on our vacation checks.

You fools that want a strike clearly have no idea what you would be getting yourselves in to.
I disagree with any of those being done deals but I agree about fools that wanna strike. Anyone on lower half of seniority list will more than likely be permanently laid off. Hopefully they have college degrees but McDonald’s now pays $15 hour in some areas.

babboo25

Banned
I would bet anything Hoffa or Taylor asked UPS to not negotiate with O’Brien until after national is done. Better contract for local 25 will make Hoffa look even worse. 710 doesn’t start until after national is finished, last time we got 6 months of backpay for our raises.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Black Friday is a done deal. The best that we can hope for is an additional option and/or sick day.

The alternate work week is also a done deal. Yes, working on Sunday and/or a non-consecutive work week would suck, but we have to adapt in order to remain competitive.

1/52 vacation pay is also a done deal. Most of us get anywhere from 45 to as much as 50 hours on our vacation checks.

You fools that want a strike clearly have no idea what you would be getting yourselves in to.

Shouldn’t we count the votes

Before we say it’s a done deal?

The diehard strike baiters should put themselves in other people’s shoes. Look at things as if they were one of the bottom 5 in seniority. I need to work and won’t be on the picket line for more than 1 day.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The diehard strike baiters should put themselves in other people’s shoes. Look at things as if they were one of the bottom 5 in seniority. I need to work and won’t be on the picket line for more than 1 day.
So, what's your answer?....take whatever scraps the Company offers and accept concessions because "you need to work"?

What you can't see, because it's past the tip of your nose, is that I was "in your shoes" in 1997.

The things being negotiated now are not economically related and will greatly effects your working conditions for decades.

I'm long in the tooth and past the point where they can take much from me, yet am poised to step up for your snot nosed, weak, snowflake generation.
So go pout on the far end of the picket line where we don't have to look at your pitiful mug, on whatever day you choose to show up for your "one day" and let the real men and women do your bidding.

~Pfft~

Last edited:

babboo25

Banned
So, what's your answer?....take whatever scraps the Company offers and accept concessions because "you need to work"?

What you can't see, because it's past the tip of your nose, is that I was "in your shoes" in 1997.

The things being negotiated now are not economically related and will greatly effects your working conditions for decades.

I'm long in the tooth and past the point where they can take much from me, yet am poised to step up for your snot nosed, weak, snowflake generation.
So go pout on the far end of the picket line where we don't have to look at your pitiful mug, on whatever day you choose to show up for your "one day" and let the real men do your bidding.

~Pfft~
If you’re so long in the tooth and are treated so poorly retire and find something else. Life’s too short.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you’re so long in the tooth and are treated so poorly retire and find something else. Life’s too short.
Learn how to read, I said there's little they can take from me.
Never said I was "treated poorly"?
I'll finish here no problem, with no worries.

Did I strike a nerve Junior?...lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm ok with 7 day delivery. Would strike over non-consecutive days off. Scheduling headaches are a part of why management makes the big bucks.

babboo25

Banned
"Entitled" to what?.....I already got mine???
Fought for it, and am now looking to fight for you, like the generations before me did...for us.

It's called "paying it forward", are you familiar with the concept?
Yes and I would do the same for you. I just don’t understand what is so bad to strike over.