Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Make all the new hires work that schedule.
As long as the language was clear on that, I could compromise. Have desireable schedules assigned per seniority. And we would need Easter, at least, to replace the day after Thanksgiving. It'd be nice to have another summer holiday too.

As long as the language was clear on that, I could compromise. Have desireable schedules assigned per seniority. And we would need Easter, at least, to replace the day after Thanksgiving. It'd be nice to have another summer holiday too.
We already have language in my local supplement. Im grand fathered in as a Monday through Friday driver.

Box Ox

Yes and I would do the same for you. I just don’t understand what is so bad to strike over.

The current workload and harassment standards at most locations are simply not sustainable for those who still have decades to go at UPS.

If language and enforcement mechanisms to address these issues are not included in the upcoming contract, it’s infinitely worth striking for.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The diehard strike baiters should put themselves in other people’s shoes. Look at things as if they were one of the bottom 5 in seniority. I need to work and won’t be on the picket line for more than 1 day.

Let us know how that works out for you

Didn’t work out so good for the scabs around here in ‘97

542thruNthru

You yes strike guys should go out and look for a job that pays $36hr without a degree. Let us know what you find.

Well since UPS doesn't start you at $36 a hour and it takes a minimum of 8-10 years to make that at UPS for most people. I know many jobs that you can make $36 a hour after 10 years.

brown_trousers

It appears that the company is using the same negotiating tactics in New England as they are here in the South. Everyone better damn well have a Strike Fund

A MESSAGE FROM SEAN O’BRIEN
TEAMSTER/UPS NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Negotiations in New England have been going very slowly. UPS management is demanding many concessions from our members. Teamster leadership across New England will not accept and or agree to any concession proposed by the Company.

UPS is a profitable company, and we are concerned with our members who work hard day-in and day-out to make this Company the success they are. UPS's bottom line and corporate balance sheets will not compromise the integrity of our members contract during these negotiations. Teamster members built this company and the people performing the labor MUST be recognized and rewarded.

UPS is not taking these negotiations seriously. This will not be tolerated. Your bargaining committee will continue to fight and improve our UPS Supplement.

Here are a few facts:

• Initial Negotiations commenced on 10/30/17

• We have met seven (7) times in five (5) months. We have
requested four (4) more dates with no response

• The Company has yet to respond to 61 percent of our
proposals

• The Company rejected 27 percent of our proposals with
no counter offer provided

The Company wants to take away the following:

• Five (5) consecutive workdays and work a Sunday
schedule for straight time

• Eliminate the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday

• Eliminate 1/52 for vacation earnings

• Proposed eight-month Casual Drivers further elimination
of full time permanent jobs

• Seniority for Workers comp or disability

• Nine-month discipline window (extending it to 12
months)

Economics such as Health and Welfare, Pension, and Wages have yet to be discussed

New England Teamsters demand that UPS stop screwing around and come to the table to bargain fairly. The clock is ticking.

Im gonna be honest. This almost looks like a win to me. I would completely support considering that list of concessions, in trade for other areas we want improvements in.