Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Black Friday is a done deal. The best that we can hope for is an additional option and/or sick day.

The alternate work week is also a done deal. Yes, working on Sunday and/or a non-consecutive work week would suck, but we have to adapt in order to remain competitive.

1/52 vacation pay is also a done deal. Most of us get anywhere from 45 to as much as 50 hours on our vacation checks.

You fools that want a strike clearly have no idea what you would be getting yourselves in to.
Nobody wants a strike but the company isn’t going to walk all over us to give that shareholder an extra .50 worth of dividend....and most of what you said is horse sht dave, except for the first thing.... feeder has m-friend, s-th, and t-sat runs and we all have two consecutive days off... it’s not that hard to do....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Shouldn’t we count the votes

Before we say it’s a done deal?
Dave has to be this guy...
5073FA70-0186-4B52-B27C-F682A7AE95AB.jpeg
he’s done it the Last few contracts and has been wrong 98% of the time....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm ok with 7 day delivery. Would strike over non-consecutive days off. Scheduling headaches are a part of why management makes the big bucks.
They make their own headaches.... they have no problem busting out 3 routes 10 minutes before start time but you need to give them a damn week for an 8 hour request.... totally bogus ....

Nobody wants a strike but the company isn’t going to walk all over us to give that shareholder an extra .50 worth of dividend....and most of what you said is horse sht dave, except for the first thing.... feeder has m-friend, s-th, and t-sat runs and we all have two consecutive days off... it’s not that hard to do....
Do you think it’s ok the company wants you to work six days straight with sunday as straight time because that’s what they are asking for...

Boston25

I think it is ridiculous for anyone to agree with any of these concessions. The company is making money over fist. And these proposals are showing you that they do not give a :censored2: about any of us. If this is how the company is willing to negotiate then I'm willing to walk out.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I sold my vacations this year and have been saving. Cut down 401k and everything. I want a strike.
For what reason ... just so you can earn your strike stripes?
Too bad you weren't here for 1997.
The sad truth is no one wins in a strike.
1997 did get 22.3 jobs which can be a last mile to retirement for older drivers that cannot get it up anymore (i.e. @Turdferguson) but not much else.
There is fools gold at the end of that strike rainbow.

289724-alexfas01.jpg

HereWeGoAgain

I'm all for UPS making profits hand over fist, and I understand UPS has to adapt to the times. But seriously you don't want your employees that you make that profit from to get a full two days rest? I'd be ok with a strike on this issue alone, absolutely ridiculous. They can figure out staffing for a full seven day week and still give every employee two days off.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
For what reason ... just so you can earn your strike stripes?
Too bad you weren't here for 1997.
The sad truth is no one wins in a strike.
1997 did get 22.3 jobs which can be a last mile to retirement for older drivers that cannot get it up anymore (i.e. @Turdferguson) but not much else.
There is fools gold at the end of that strike rainbow.

289724-alexfas01.jpg
Wrong. I am 22.2 punk. My job was created before 1979.
giphy (15).gif