Anyone ever file for an medical accommodation?

So if they won't accommodate you do they just pay you comp for the rest of your life? What if you get S.S.D. because of your work related injury? If the Gov. says your disabled how can ups tell you no? Well they will but I can't see them winning that one.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Toonertoo said:
Ive heard they no longer recognize carpal tunnel, probaly the same with yours. Good Luck!!

disneyworld said:
How can they do that if it's considered work related?

You can thank President Bush and the (formerly) republican congress. Back in 2001:

WASHINGTON, March 7 — Moving with unusual speed, the House voted narrowly tonight to repeal new workplace safety regulations, just a day after the Senate voted to rescind the same rules. This rapid one-two punch represented the first joint legislative attack on the legacy of President Bill Clinton, who issued the regulations in what he called an effort to combat the wave of injuries resulting from repetitive motions on the job. The White House announced support of the repeal on Tuesday, and lawmakers said they expected President Bush to sign the legislation soon.
Voting largely along partisan lines, the House backed the repeal bill, 223 to 206, with 16 Democrats voting to support the repeal. At the same time, 13 Republicans voted to keep the regulations.
Like the 56-to-44 Senate vote on Tuesday to scrap the ergonomics rules, the House vote today was a major victory for business and a stinging defeat for organized labor, which had lobbied for 10 years for strong regulations to reduce ergonomic injuries. The Republican pushed through the business-backed repeal shortly after Mr. Bush upset many business interests by insisting he did not want corporate tax breaks to slow down his tax-cut proposal.
Democratic lawmakers voiced outrage that the House voted to revoke the rules after just an hour of debate, even though Mr. Clinton adopted the regulations after 10 years of studies and a year of hearings.

mason575

I use to work with a man at a hub that was diagnosed with diabetes and he was a driver at the time. they made him a full time inside employee for the rest of his career.

Big Babooba

I use to work with a man at a hub that was diagnosed with diabetes and he was a driver at the time. they made him a full time inside employee for the rest of his career.
We had two full timers who were diabetic at our center.One was a driver and the other was disqualified from driving. He was given a full time position inside the building.

W

westsideworma

We have a full time preload in our building. As per the contract, our preloaders make the same as a package driver plus a 15 cent night differential.

Sounds like another Watertown...last I heard they were FT preload too

Cezanne

You guys get a night differential, first time I ever heard about this. Has to be in your local lanuage, nothing in Master. If there are any national negotiators checking out this site it sure to paid extra to get up in the middle of the night. :thumbup1:

blue efficacy

We had two full timers who were diabetic at our center.One was a driver and the other was disqualified from driving. He was given a full time position inside the building.
Being a full time driver being diabetic would not be easy! I am a diabetic PT Irreg driver, and I know what that disease entails! Without masterful control of one's blood sugar, disaster can happen. I can only imagine trying to manage my blood sugar under such stressful conditions. :eek: