Anyone had this happen?

ol'browneye

I appreciate your input dragon. I have worked at a satelite center for 12 years now so I have no idea how all this actually works. All I see is the end result. I would send in notes and messages about new street names and ranges but many of them never got fixed. I just finally gave up and figured that I can't do IE's job too!:surrender

tups

What you do is tear off the PAL, write down the problem and hand it to the PAS sup.

Nothing will happen cuz he won't know how to fix it.

More likely the PAS sup will just say something like oh ok, I'll take care of it, write a little note and as soon as you are gone, throw it out and never fix it.

That was not the question, btw I delivered them, put not found for those under the wrong address and entered the correct one manually, afterall the packages had the correct address.

I was asking if others had this happen and how it might happen.
We have been instructed to deliver by the original address label not the pals. The pals is merely an attempt to get the package in the right truck in the right place. Of course we all know this doesn't always happen and can cause quit a problem from time to time.
What we do if the pals reads 123 main and it really should be 125 main is deliver to 125 and simply correct the error in the building number field in the board, then report the error to the pas/edd sup. Actually getting the error fixed is a case by case issue.

JustTired

free at last.......
You know........If they would have let us (drivers) set the system up from the start, we wouldn't have half the problems we experience now! Or if they just listened to our input. I look at pas/edd like I do their numbers. It's their system, they have to live with it. I'm tired of fighting it. Check, please!

BURMDPsupe

IWORKASDIRECTED your packages were sent through the data aquistion station in your center. The Data Aquistion clerk then "forced" or assigned the street numbers to a range that he/she was able to access in the PAS system. These "forced" street addresses will be permenately assigned to this range unless your part time data supervisor clears it out of AddressManagementSystem (AMS). Please pull the label it has the ID of the clerk who is "forcing the packages" it maybe a new clerk who does not realize what a mess they are creating.

OL'Browneye your are correct on PAL labels that have the wrong address. The center team normally just needs to extend the street range or add odd or even numbers some times even adding the correct street name. Example is a new street was manually entered as Westlake and once the new postal streets are downloaded to our system it is really W Lake This fixes 98% of the problems. If they will not fix these easy items then our customers are really in trouble.

To both of you, if you really want to find out how many NIS PAL's are created on the pre-load ask the pre-load supervisors. They do not want these packages sitting around(because they do not know what truck to put it on) after the drivers leave so instead of the PAS Supervisor fixing the problem they have the DATA AQ clerks just assign it to a range to get it out of the building. We had that problem when we first started PAS two years ago, I got to the root cause of the problem real quick corrected it and now its rare that we have these issues.

Or...the part-time DPS could have incorrectly "scrubbed" the address. This has happened in our building a few times. I just had the DA clerk "refix" the scrubbed data.

M-

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Speaking of which, I couldn't find you anywhere on the bid. Did you go into MANAGEMENT?????!!!!!!!!!!!
yes, im teaching a course on how yo u can beat a dog to within 1 inch of his life with just using an info notice set to olivia newton johns physical course statrs at 8 am at the shifters lounge lol lol giveme a call and ill tell ya where i bid, no info on this board went to lewme last nite and had a laugh thinking of our trip back from bagor!!!!