The Ultimate "Why Orion Is A Failure" thread......

542thruNthru

giphy-159.gif

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
My favorite thing that Orion does is push businesses AFTER a very long-winded country loop that has absolutely no businesses or commit times. Why? Why does it have me delivering to businesses after 5pm but have me visit that alpaca farm at 1pm?

A nearby center is currently firing drivers for service failures due to Orion compliance. When one of our drivers asked management at the PCM about compliance our center manager simply said "just use your best judgement." However, they're riding a lot of the younger drivers for being way over Orion and their SPORH tanking because they had to break to make service commitments.

This company really is something.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My favorite thing that Orion does is push businesses AFTER a very long-winded country loop that has absolutely no businesses or commit times. Why? Why does it have me delivering to businesses after 5pm but have me visit that alpaca farm at 1pm?

A nearby center is currently firing drivers for service failures due to Orion compliance. When one of our drivers asked management at the PCM about compliance our center manager simply said "just use your best judgement." However, they're riding a lot of the younger drivers for being way over Orion and their SPORH tanking because they had to break to make service commitments.

This company really is something.
If the company really cared about missed businesses they’d put a 1700 commit on every address that’s CIR

Donnybowhunter

I am a dailey offender of not following Orion. I average 62% of orion trace.my supervisor let's me get away with it, because I will average 44 miles under . Orion is so wrong for my route. It makes no sense. I average 190 miles a day and 60 stops.

a911scanner

As a cover/utility driver, I simply will not follow ORION on the routes I know.

If I did, we would lose 90% of our pick-ups within 60 days, because one day ORION has you pick them up 90 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time, the next day on time, then the next day 90 minutes later.

Our business was built on reliability, especially in the "on-time" context. Businesses that ship with anyone want to know they can rely on a provider doing a pick-up at a reliable time every single business day.

No reliable time, go to the shipper that is reliable. Therefore, I am a service provider that our customers can count on. Every day, I am within the window of scheduled pick-up times no matter what ORION says.

Even though there is some "doubling" of miles doing a specific "pick-up" route within the route, I usually beat the miles anyway. So "friend" ORION.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
As a cover/utility driver, I simply will not follow ORION on the routes I know.

Unless it results in a complete service failure, I will follow Orion to a tee. Like our senior-most driver told me, Orion has made so much money for me since it was implemented, I'm doing loop-de-loops for hours.

On the bright side, due to the volume increase and Orion idiocy, my center has been forced to add several brand new bid routes this year, forcing them to qualify more RPCDs for cover work.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
How can that even stand? That place becomes a bigger joke by the day.

I asked my shop steward and he said that forced Orion compliance is no longer explicitly stated, expected or enforced but management also won't say it that it is. It's a gray area that's "on you" if you mess up by following Orion. If you ask management you'll just get the "use your best judgement" response.

a911scanner

I hope that those of you that follow ORION nearly 100% continue to do so. Maybe they will eventually see the inefficiencies of their futile plan and turn RDO back on (doubt it).

I know you will make more money than me over the course of a year doing so. But I just cannot bring myself to waste that much time out there because the plan is idiotic & stupid. Yes, I make less money... but I'm home resting & eating dinner before you. To each their own.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am a dailey offender of not following Orion. I average 62% of orion trace.my supervisor let's me get away with it, because I will average 44 miles under . Orion is so wrong for my route. It makes no sense. I average 190 miles a day and 60 stops.
lol and my boss keeps trying to convince me I should have no trouble being under 9.5 with 220 miles and 80 stops

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Halfway through that video-I stopped watching; that guy is looking out for his own ass and is very, very inexperienced and wrong about a great deal of many, many things.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Halfway through that video-I stopped watching; that guy is looking out for his own ass and is very, very inexperienced and wrong about a great deal of many, many things.

It did not even take me that long. The moment the he ran off that ridiculous number of possibilities that it took to do 120 stops I was like "nope". There are exactly 120 ways to run off 120 stops.... my way.

I can do my route in 10 hours. It takes the youngsters in our center following orion exactly that long to do my route....if they cut it in half.
orion has you stroking cardboard all day long searching for stops and digging them off the shelves at the back of the truck. Many times going out of your way to run them off. Why? Why do that when you will be right back in that area later in the day?

orion will have me criss-crossing my self all day long. It has me driving all over myself. Why? Why not simply run a clean straight trace and never drive over yourself. It can be done as I do it every day.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
orion will have me criss-crossing my self all day long. It has me driving all over myself. Why? Why not simply run a clean straight trace and never drive over yourself. It can be done as I do it every day.

Yeah these OrioN sellers probably supplied their "travelling salesman program" to other companies, since I'll see similarities on the FXG side as well as some Amazon DSPs routes.

(other threads have confirmed that when we were discussing dynamic route whatever it's called over there)
I was covering a route that I thought was easy; it's like a grid of streets...

sketch-1582653606072.png

I counted over a dozen times my GPS unit said that same street name over the past 2 hours of driving around in circles.

@Indecisi0n , nice neighborhood btw, LoL

Follow OrioN, you're hourly until this text shows up on your diad:

stop-using-orion-jpg.35293

Mycow

I leave the building thinking I'm going to follow orion more but then it wants me to make 5 plus left hand turns on the interstate. Then I tell myself maybe tomorrow