The Ultimate "Why Orion Is A Failure" thread......

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yeah these OrioN sellers probably supplied their "travelling salesman program" to other companies

Funny you mention that....

I know someone that works for a company called Iron Mountain, that claims

they bought the technology from UPS. Thinks it's the dumbest thing he's ever seen.

oldngray

nowhere special
Funny you mention that....

I know someone that works for a company called Iron Mountain, that claims

they bought the technology from UPS. Thinks it's the dumbest thing he's ever seen.

I had a company on my route that paid UPS Logistics to set up their routes. They were told the usual company line about things like eliminating left hand turns. As the UPS center was being relooped with many many left hand turns in traffic.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I had a company on my route that paid UPS Logistics to set up their routes. They were told the usual company line about things like eliminating left hand turns. As the UPS center was being relooped with many many left hand turns in traffic.

My friend from Iron Mountain couldn't understand it.

He could jump on the freeway and be at a destination in minutes.

The "Orion" plan.... had him taking all these side streets and sitting in traffic.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My friend from Iron Mountain couldn't understand it.

He could jump on the freeway and be at a destination in minutes.

The "Orion" plan.... had him taking all these side streets and sitting in traffic.
that's a gps problem; "shortest distance" vs "fastest route"

at FXG, i'll go fastest route to my first stop, then highlight on the garmin gps "shortest distance" between stops

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
that's a gps problem; "shortest distance" vs "fastest route"

at FXG, i'll go fastest route to my first stop, then highlight on the garmin gps "shortest distance" between stops
Sometimes it’s not even that. We have a state highway here that on your drive back to the building it has you exit into 2 circle drives then right back on the road.

In no world is it shorter or faster. It’s just a glitch in the matrix

ManInBrown

Got a 3 day OJS by my center manager about a year before I left for feeders. Route was pretty spread out and it wanted me to go to a far off part during air, for no reason and deliver one ground package in the 8000s. Not breaking any news here, but center manager told me flat out Orion will never work, because it thinks every single package is an envelope.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Got a 3 day OJS by my center manager about a year before I left for feeders. Route was pretty spread out and it wanted me to go to a far off part during air, for no reason and deliver one ground package in the 8000s. Not breaking any news here, but center manager told me flat out Orion will never work, because it thinks every single package is an envelope.
Sure hope you grieved that 3 day bs ride.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The Budweiser distributor here uses it but they only make a few stops a day

tadpole

Unless you’ve been instructed to run Orion 100%, this is just stupid on your part.
Nah. We don’t like running it this way. We think the company is making poor decisions by forcing Orion, and following it 100% is the only way we can bring attention to the fact that it needs to be fixed or scrapped.

Overpaid Union Thug

Orion sometimes has me do a pick up for a business at around say 3:30 and then go back at 4:15 to deliver its ground packages lol AND GUESS WHAT I DO CAUSE :censored2: THEM AND THEIR NUMBERS!!!

Unless you’ve been instructed to run Orion 100%, this is just stupid on your part.
Nah. We don’t like running it this way. We think the company is making poor decisions by forcing Orion, and following it 100% is the only way we can bring attention to the fact that it needs to be fixed or scrapped.
upload_2020-2-27_6-55-37.gif

yah time sake wise it’s stupid but It being my second year driving I’ve learned as a swing driver DONT BUST YOUR ASS get paid by the hour. I’ve faced the fact this job is gonna consume my entire day and since it does I make sure I get paid. Hell im only at like $23 an hour I think and I made just under $80K last year! At 23 years old I’m living... and saving a :censored2: ton.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
yah time sake wise it’s stupid but It being my second year driving I’ve learned as a swing driver DONT BUST YOUR ASS get paid by the hour. I’ve faced the fact this job is gonna consume my entire day and since it does I make sure I get paid. Hell im only at like $23 an hour I think and I made just under $80K last year! At 23 years old I’m living... and saving a :censored2: ton.

get those @Clappin Cheeks moving in the right direction

They’ll help you walk faster

lmao