Anyone heard anything from UPS Freight?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cant wait to pull out that "balls disappeared" coment.

Kick rocks
Please feel free to explain what happened then.

I'm ignorant to the situation. I don't know how you go from that big of a no to that big of a yes other than...
1) the contract getting a lot better

2) the first no vote was a bluff and no one was willing to take it any farther.

Buckethead

I mean ups played the cards they had. The freight workers folded like a $5 tent.

I am confused about what there is to be mad about or talk about how you got screwed when 3 out of 4 people agreed it was a good contact.
Im sure you are confused, i have no question about that. But with this statement, you already have in idea in your mind, your own version what happened. So you can throw out the insults.

Buckethead

I'm ignorant to the situation. I don't know how you go from that big of a no to that big of a yes other than...

Yes you do, remember, our balls disappeared.

Do some more reading on this forum... you might find the answer.

Brownslave688

Why would you go on a forum expecting your questions to get answered? The contract, (both of them) are all over the place. If you were really concerned with an answer, you would have looked over... at least one.
The thread title is asking if anyone heard about the freight contract. Why wouldn't I read it to see if anyone answered the op?

Sure I could go to the tdu and read about it or I could just ask an actual freight employee.

You're obviously bitter about it all

Buckethead

The thread title is asking if anyone heard about the freight contract. Why wouldn't I read it to see if anyone answered the op?

Sure I could go to the tdu and read about it or I could just ask an actual freight employee.

You're obviously bitter about it all
No, read my post to YOU. Im addressing YOU and your comments.

Brownslave688

Yes you do, remember, our balls disappeared.

Do some more reading on this forum... you might find the answer.
You're an employee right? Did you flip from no to yes?

What were your reasons?

That's all I'm asking. Reading all of the articles I want won't give me the answers as to why there was such a huge flip.

Buckethead

hence "their balls disappesred"

Hoffa Ratifies Another Weak Contract at UPS Freight

Of course tdu is anti Hoffa. So am I but blaming him for this is a huge stretch. I have no idea how him forcing the package contract made freight drivers vote yes.
Listen, i have a thought of why they did, but its just speculation. If you have been here the years i have, (before the purchase) and seen and experienced what will be selectively enforced, and what they have withheld from us, you wouldnt be making some of these comments, and might understand a little about what happened. Im not going to speculate about what happened because i dont know.

cachmeifucan

I understand why they changed their mind but if in 2 3 4 years from now they will struggle to make a better life the next contract will be worse. Guess who blinked first. How many supervisor they would of laid off and paying unemployment to.

Buckethead

I understand why they changed their mind but if in 2 3 4 years from now they will struggle to make a better life the next contract will be worse. Guess who blinked first. How many supervisor they would of laid off and paying unemployment to.
Yes, and i guess that was something that had to be thought of long and hard about before a decision was made.

RolloTony Brown Town

The rank and file in freight were scared off because the company stopped picking up freight. The company was doing the right thing for their customers because a work stoppage affects their respective businesses. The employees feared the worse and thought ups would close its doors so they flipped their vote. For all I know Ups would close it’s doors. We’ll never know now.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yes, and i guess that was something that had to be thought of long and hard about before a decision was made.
From what I read the huge concessionary language that was in the first offer was "enhanced" back to where it was in the old contract. Then there were raises added and some other issues corrected that made the second offer "better" or more acceptable to the members.

Even without the subcontracting issue (ongoing) being truly addressed the last offer was acceptable in comparison to the junk the union presented the first time...(similar to offering us the C6 medical plan before they "enhanced" it in 2013)

knowing that the membership would probably bite after the company started draining their work...even during an extension.

Is this accurate or are we missing something?

Let's be real...
The whole situation with package and freight was already calculated a long time ago.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
4AA337C2-B20E-4C60-8C4C-F1F7435DEA65.gif
Why would you go on a forum expecting your questions to get answered? The contract, (both of them) are all over the place. If you were really concerned with an answer, you would have looked over... at least one.

Calm down Alice