Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

vvv

Pretty soon this job is going to be just like that of a police officer. The public already films us and take pictures of us just doing our jobs, and people make YouTube videos of themselves harassing us.

Now we have UPS installing talking cameras in our vehicles to harass us every time we take a drink of water or go 1 mile over the speed limit. The cameras watch us all day for tomorrow morning’s harassment. If you are anything but perfect and you file grievances get ready to be in the office every morning for this stuff.

The next step is body cameras, and then pay cuts and concessions by the union in our contract, and this is how the company gets there. By having an electronic supervisor to ride around with us all day, every day. Watch how many of those drivers who are able to retire start doing so as early as possible.

Get rid of the experienced, “problem” drivers with a spine. Replace them with a revolving door of lower paid, hungry part timers that don’t know the contract. Weakening the union...
Sorry, but speaking for myself I don't roll over like that.

I can walk in Monday and quit with plenty of time in......but why? They don't and won't dictate when I want to leave.....I'm in control of that.
I adjusted my methods many many moons ago, and although I think the camera installs are total BS, it won't be a factor to me because I don't do anything wrong. They can sweat my overage on a daily basis and eat all my OT.

As a solid union steward told me when I was a fresh young driver, "don't sweat the petty things.....but pet the sweaty things". :)

Just do things right and give them everything they want and a whole lot more!!!!!!

Cowboy Mac

Sorry, but speaking for myself I don't roll over like that.

I can walk in Monday and quit with plenty of time in......but why? They don't and won't dictate when I want to leave.....I'm in control of that.
I adjusted my methods many many moons ago, and although I think the camera installs are total BS, it won't be a factor to me because I don't do anything wrong. They can sweat my overage on a daily basis and eat all my OT.

As a solid union steward told me when I was a fresh young driver, "don't sweat the petty things.....but pet the sweaty things". :)

Just do things right and give them everything they want and a whole lot more!!!!!!
Even if you have mastered the methods, (which is actually impossible because there are so many of them), nobody is perfect, and when you slip up, that camera is gonna be there to capture it and put it on a plate for management.

Before, we could make mistakes here and there. As long as they didn’t result in an accident or customer complaint. As long as your manager wasn’t following you on route.

Law enforcement officers are quitting and retiring left and right because they are tired of being scrutinized. Tired of being on 30 different cameras all day long, the public waiting for them to make a mistake so they can make a news story out of it.

At least we get paid much more than LEO, and most of the time when we screw up we don’t go to jail. I still think we’re heading down a bad road.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Even if you have mastered the methods, (which is actually impossible because there are so many of them), nobody is perfect, and when you slip up, that camera is gonna be there to capture it and put it on a plate for management.
Its all pretty basic :censored2:. Just takes self discipline. Alot of weak people now days

Box Ox

**i dont actually know all "340" methods.

Supervisor with camera:

3tyimg.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty soon this job is going to be just like that of a police officer. The public already films us and take pictures of us just doing our jobs, and people make YouTube videos of themselves harassing us.

Now we have UPS installing talking cameras in our vehicles to harass us every time we take a drink of water or go 1 mile over the speed limit. The cameras watch us all day for tomorrow morning’s harassment. If you are anything but perfect and you file grievances get ready to be in the office every morning for this stuff.

The next step is body cameras, and then pay cuts and concessions by the union in our contract, and this is how the company gets there. By having an electronic supervisor to ride around with us all day, every day. Watch how many of those drivers who are able to retire start doing so as early as possible.

Get rid of the experienced, “problem” drivers with a spine. Replace them with a revolving door of lower paid, hungry part timers that don’t know the contract. Weakening the union...
Hungry part timers? Not if most centers look like mine. Lol

We are hiring weekly and maybe 1 in 4 stay past 3 days. And hardly any of those look like they will want any part of driving.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Doing it over would be stealing time. I'm simply not ok with someone looking over my shoulder all day long. It's literally being treated like a convict.

The true convict is laying in bed eating donuts at 2pm waiting on you to miss 1 ridiculous method. Ups has become a sick, delusional company. Good thing is, July is integrity month according to Scott Davis.(total idiot).

Cowboy Mac

Hungry part timers? Not if most centers look like mine. Lol

We are hiring weekly and maybe 1 in 4 stay past 3 days. And hardly any of those look like they will want any part of driving.
No you’re right a lot of them would rather smoke weed all day than do something hard like becoming a driver.

trickpony1

I haven't been in pkg car since before some of you were born so please excuse me......
It seems the company rags on you about not precisely following the methods but then they rag on you about SPORH.
This "damned if you do and damned if you don't" scenario, sometimes known as "double bind stress" can cause anxiety and depression.

How do you handle it?