Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I haven't been in pkg car since before some of you were born so please excuse me......
It seems the company rags on you about not precisely following the methods but then they rag on you about SPORH.
This "damned if you do and damned if you don't" scenario, sometimes known as "double bind stress" can cause anxiety and depression.

How do you handle it?
Everything about their standards is an impossible paradox. I just try to do the job the best I can and they usually leave me alone. If they talk to me I just nod and say ok I’ll try harder. Some drivers get really bent out of shape about all the nonsense though and I can see it taking a toll on them. It’s not a good job if you are a hothead or take things personally.

Of course this is still pre camera. Who knows how much worse it will get with them spying all day long.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My main objection is that we are being conditioned to accept more and more unacceptable treatment, simply because we want to make enough to raise our families and have a hobby or two. The people who simply accept this as the natural way, and don't stand up to it are exhibiting learned helplessness behavior.

The way psychologists discovered learned helplessness is by placing animals on a steel plate inside a closed room. They would run an electric current through the plate and then turn it off when the animal exhibited a certain behavior. Then they decided to see what the animal would do if they never turned the current off. After a while of frantically trying anything to get off the floor, the animal would eventually lie down and take the electrocution, having come to the conclusion that it can do nothing to stop it.

Moral 1: research psychologists are actually psychotic sadists.

Moral 2: management is no different than research psychologists.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Can't go many places anymore where you aren't being recorded and/or watched. Cab just joined the list.

Glad I'm retired. Wonder if someone is watching me in the recliner?

Cowboy Mac

You can follow the 340 methods or you can follow ORION but it is physically impossible to do both.
I chose the methods and my customers over Orion a long time ago. I truly believe that my management team knows how bad Orion is and how many service failures we would have if every driver actually followed it. That’s why they don’t say a word about it until Atlanta makes it the flavor of the week again.

542thruNthru

Nationals this August in San Diego. Supposedly the grievance for the cameras is supposed to be heard.

Was told by my steward today that our local is saying the IBT signed off on the cameras and claims they sent out a letter to all locals about it. My local is saying they never got any letter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nationals this August in San Diego. Supposedly the grievance for the cameras is supposed to be heard.

Was told by my steward today that our local is saying the IBT signed off on the cameras and claims they sent out a letter to all locals about it. My local is saying they never got any letter.
Damn mail

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have a smart tv, its 99% likely that it has a camera in it.
Smartest thing you can do is disable all extra functions on your smart TV and don't let it connect to the internet. Just use it as a big but dumb monitor.

The apps that come on TVs are pretty crappy and you are better off without them. Besides the security issues.

vvv

Even if you have mastered the methods, (which is actually impossible because there are so many of them), nobody is perfect, and when you slip up, that camera is gonna be there to capture it and put it on a plate for management.

Before, we could make mistakes here and there. As long as they didn’t result in an accident or customer complaint. As long as your manager wasn’t following you on route.

Law enforcement officers are quitting and retiring left and right because they are tired of being scrutinized. Tired of being on 30 different cameras all day long, the public waiting for them to make a mistake so they can make a news story out of it.

At least we get paid much more than LEO, and most of the time when we screw up we don’t go to jail. I still think we’re heading down a bad road.
Police and fire where I grew up make damn good money (have plenty of friends I grew up with still holding positions or retired in last few years). And their pensions are the same as their ending salaries.....some actually escalate. Ours does not come close to that.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you have a smart tv, its 99% likely that it has a camera in it.
1626264659438.png

Don't know if this is a smart tv or not. Gonna keep scratching my balls regardless.

Dr.Brownz

I haven't been in pkg car since before some of you were born so please excuse me......
It seems the company rags on you about not precisely following the methods but then they rag on you about SPORH.
This "damned if you do and damned if you don't" scenario, sometimes known as "double bind stress" can cause anxiety and depression.

How do you handle it?

By not caring so it shouldn't surprise the company when service standards go to :censored2:

Cowboy Mac

Police and fire where I grew up make damn good money (have plenty of friends I grew up with still holding positions or retired in last few years). And their pensions are the same as their ending salaries.....some actually escalate. Ours does not come close to that.
Where did you grow up? I’m just curious because officers in my area make between $45-60K a year. Average at best.

Poop Head

Judge me.
They earned every penny of that

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nobody shooting at us most of the time