Anyone unhappy they Retired? Or are YA HAPPY?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Retired 3/1/2011 four pt yrs, 33 ft, last five as a 22.3 (best move ever) . Having started as a senior(18yrs old) in HS 5/5/74 turning 55 in feb 2011 and working in a tool and die shop until an ft opening came up as well as a dairy farm in early years of hs. One just has to tell they retired from UPS and job offers come poring in ,you can drive a stick correct ?. I help a local farmer with EVERYTHING as well as pt employee with my township I live in. My wife of almost 40 yrs take our camper to see or daughter in Fl. as well as a 4,200 mile trip a couple of years ago. I pull my Taho boat behind my 5th wheel with ease furthest being Lake D'Arbonne, La. What I'm really saying is IF you want to keep buzzy or on sit on your duff its' your choice ,one can volunteer about anywhere as well. I help with a food run for a couple food pantry's when needed so the book is open !! Enjoy as last I looked our birth certificates do not have a expiration date on them so it can end at anytime. :)

you are exactly right on people offering jobs. i lost count of all the jobs I turned down and I'm glad I did. Making money now in my spare time doing what I love. We spend much of our time watching the grass grow in our beautiful yard and going on mostly day trips whenever we want.

It's been almost 2 years and everyday is like waking up on Christmas morning.

twoweeled

The thought process is the same whether you are married or single.

The math is quite simple---the earlier you draw the less you get each month.

There is an 8% increase per year for every year that you wait.
I know this is late to the party, but!!! re SS. I was told that 8% per year only held true after full retirement (ex 67 years old). and not for the early retirement (ex 62 years old). Is this true? heard anything like that? "My time is a comin", and I'm not sure if I wouldn't wait another year for another 8% increase. My CPA told me straight out; don't wait, just take it. Maybe he sees death in my eyes.

twoweeled

Not having a steering wheel in front of you at lunch. Am building a metal shelf to nap on. Was thinking Lands End or Target bag for pillow.
Sad so many of us can relate to this. I'm not even in package anymore!! LOL Those Fingerhut boxes were the right size for a foot rest, but boxes were always so damn cheap, they just crumbled when a mosquito landed on them!

twoweeled

you are exactly right on people offering jobs. i lost count of all the jobs I turned down and I'm glad I did. Making money now in my spare time doing what I love. We spend much of our time watching the grass grow in our beautiful yard and going on mostly day trips whenever we want.

It's been almost 2 years and everyday is like waking up on Christmas morning.
Being home is a nice change. Wife always wants to be out, but she doesn't grasp the fact that I was never home. Or, maybe she does grasp that fact, because she's having a hard time dealing with me home all the time now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Being home is a nice change. Wife always wants to be out, but she doesn't grasp the fact that I was never home. Or, maybe she does grasp that fact, because she's having a hard time dealing with me home all the time now.
You know it's funny my wife's Paystub came in the mail the other day. Out of 12 working days she worked over 8 hours 3 days and the longest day was 9.5.

I was like wow must be nice.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Unhappy cause?
Did you retire to young? Too Late? Do you miss the daily get up and go to work thing? Find out living with out a congested drive to work leaves you feeling empty? Do you miss the first look at your package car bubbling over with packages for everyone but you? Do you see where you coulda and shoulda done thing's different while you were working? Miss that certain Employee or Management person at work?

OR?

Happy Cause!
You plan your day? Wake when you want? Eat a dinner at a table like a normal human being at a decent hour? Happy you can get things done on your time frame? Found there is not enough time to Golf or work on your Hot Rods, Planes, Motorcycles, and Boats? Not wear anything Brown? Able to go to the bathroom with out having to figure out where one is? You see light at the end of a tunnel with your name in it? You get to enjoy watching drivers deliver x-mas packages all year long?

WHAT SAY YOU?
Happy. Real Happy... I lived 10 minutes from the center until I retired so no congested drive to work for me. I know this is going to sound like a lie but , mgt. never bothered me. They made their attempts but, as new faces would appear there would be no attempt to harass or intimidate. Just did the job and went home with a clear conscience . I never worried about numbers and whatever was going on in my life that I was going to miss because of work. I figured me working was why my family got to do whatever , even if I wasn't in the picture. The hours got old but, I have to say , I really enjoyed the work. I liked being outside , no matter the weather. I really enjoyed the people out there. I got a lot of stories to tell.

Now , I am in the picture. Have been going on 9 years. 52 was the magic age. Never thought twice about continuing to work. Seven grandkids , its crazy , had a new one each year the past 7 years. My wife is as beautiful as ever ( married 38 years ) House at the beach. Never thought I would be one of those metal detecting old farts at the beach but, I have found some real treasures. Riding bikes , walking , enjoying sunsets over the ocean. Actually have time to have normal conversations with folks. Drinking coffee till noon. I do set the alarm one day a week , church on Sunday.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Happy. Real Happy... I lived 10 minutes from the center until I retired so no congested drive to work for me. I know this is going to sound like a lie but , mgt. never bothered me. They made their attempts but, as new faces would appear there would be no attempt to harass or intimidate. Just did the job and went home with a clear conscience . I never worried about numbers and whatever was going on in my life that I was going to miss because of work. I figured me working was why my family got to do whatever , even if I wasn't in the picture. The hours got old but, I have to say , I really enjoyed the work. I liked being outside , no matter the weather. I really enjoyed the people out there. I got a lot of stories to tell.

Now , I am in the picture. Have been going on 9 years. 52 was the magic age. Never thought twice about continuing to work. Seven grandkids , its crazy , had a new one each year the past 7 years. My wife is as beautiful as ever ( married 38 years ) House at the beach. Never thought I would be one of those metal detecting old farts at the beach but, I have found some real treasures. Riding bikes , walking , enjoying sunsets over the ocean. Actually have time to have normal conversations with folks. Drinking coffee till noon. I do set the alarm one day a week , church on Sunday.
Oh yeah , forgot to mention , I didn't think I would like fishing out of a kayak , thought shore fishing was the only way to go , but its a blast. The sound side , when the Blues are running' , you can't beat it.

Shiftless

I hear ya! When my 12 years of being retired came in May, I reflected back for some reason? The reflection's on some of those I worked with and certain customers who came in and out of my life who were special ! Sure the knuckleheads came and went, but the one's who made the most impact sometimes didn't even know they were doing it. Maybe the times were different? People were not hiding behind keyboards typing things that they would not say face to face like it is today? That interaction provided the much appreciated contact and respect that seemed to be the norm, unlike today? Is this a sign I am getting old? Nah! Don't say it! NOW, GET OFF MY LAWN!

walk it off

I hear ya! When my 12 years of being retired came in May, I reflected back for some reason? The reflection's on some of those I worked with and certain customers who came in and out of my life who were special ! Sure the knuckleheads came and went, but the one's who made the most impact sometimes didn't even know they were doing it. Maybe the times were different? People were not hiding behind keyboards typing things that they would not say face to face like it is today? That interaction provided the much appreciated contact and respect that seemed to be the norm, unlike today? Is this a sign I am getting old? Nah! Don't say it! NOW, GET OFF MY LAWN!
Some of these members are still working and posting all day. Look at their number of posts. They sit a lot.

twoweeled

You know it's funny my wife's Paystub came in the mail the other day. Out of 12 working days she worked over 8 hours 3 days and the longest day was 9.5.

I was like wow must be nice.
I double-dog-dare-you, to tell her about her short easy day!
Dat+gif+hahaha+i+can+t+stop+laughing+_c7c06525d0253d8e67c2966ec79ea31f.jpg