Anyone wonder

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Your feelings are irrelevant to making unsubstantiated accusations.

22.4 is under combo language

No they cant bump them Mondays. First off 22.4 drivers are Tuesday through Saturday genius second no full time driver can get laid off if a 22.4 is working. You guys don't know shot and are telling people to vote no.
It happens, a lot. They send 8 drivers home as there is not enough work, 5 of them top pay. Suddenly they need 3 drivers. Sham "calling from the top" let it ring once and hang up. Suddenly the lowest seniority guys drive while the other 5 don't have a clue!

UPS will tell me to walk the line, and I'll do it.
So this just begs the question! Are you a member of the IBT or of the company? You are so :censored2:ed either way you answer this!

There is no 22.4 drivers in any building without Saturday delivery. This is the intent of the language.

You really are an idiot! Where does it say 22.4's can not be M-friend? Attrition knocks the full time driver numbers down as the company replaces them with 25% 22.4's! Bingo, 22.4's work M-friend with or without Sat delivery!

It happens, a lot. They send 8 drivers home as there is not enough work, 5 of them top pay. Suddenly they need 3 drivers. Sham "calling from the top" let it ring once and hang up. Suddenly the lowest seniority guys drive while the other 5 don't have a clue!

So this just begs the question! Are you a member of the IBT or of the company? You are so :censored2:ed either way you answer this!

You really are an idiot! Where does it say 22.4's can not be M-friend? Attrition knocks the full time driver numbers down as the company replaces them with 25% 22.4's! Bingo, 22.4's work M-friend with or without Sat delivery!
I jisj don't understand how they would be allowed to work on a Monday if work wasn't available for a RPCD? Wouldn't they he at the bottom of the seniority list? This smells like crap

I jisj don't understand how they would be allowed to work on a Monday if work wasn't available for a RPCD? Wouldn't they he at the bottom of the seniority list? This smells like crap

They wouldn't be able to work if there's not work for RPCD's, the language is pretty clear on that. And I'm not worried about them replacing RPCD with the current language, it's next contract, or two, or three that I'm worried about.

As far as this discussion goes, get rid of those six words and Laguna can be as right as the mail.

Last edited:

Benben

They wouldn't be able to work if there's not work for RPCD's, the language is pretty clear on that. And I'm not worried about them replacing RPCD with the current language, it's next contract, or two, or three that I'm worried about.

As far as this discussion goes, get rid of those five words and Laguna can be as right as the mail.

25% right out of the gate! Lets see, my building of 68 drivers on the seniority list means the next 17 drivers hired will be 22.4's. We hired a grand total of 3 new drivers so far in 2018. So in my building there will not be a new full time top wage regular driver hired until 2022!

So in 2022 when they are fully staffed with 22.4's and running Sat+Sun. 22.4's will work T-S and W-S. Only 22.4's will work on the weekends! The Saturday and Sunday volume will be advanced Monday and Tuesday resi's and the rolled Friday stuff. This leaves only Buss and resi air. Monday AND Tuesday routes get cut out due to lower package count.

They 22.4's get to work Wed-Sunday while cannibalizing Monday's and Tuesday's work loads which means not enough work for all of the RPCD's. 22.4's get their 40 while RPCD's do not!

Is anyone not understanding this?!?! Just A UPS GUY knows WTF he is talking about!

LagunaBrown

[QUOTE="You really are an idiot! Where does it say 22.4's can not be M-friend? Attrition knocks the full time driver numbers down as the company replaces them with 25% 22.4's! Bingo, 22.4's work M-friend with or without Sat delivery![/QUOTE]

Your gonna look really stupid when the language gets printed. 22.4 jobs are Tuesday through Saturday. Why would they hire them and pay them a daily guarantee on a Saturday when they don't even work? Plus if they tried to work them Monday they have to pay at time and a half. No Saturday work means no 22.4 and if you do have Saturday work they will not exceed the however many route you run on Saturday.

Also 22.4 can not diminish the number of full time drivers.

Benben

Your gonna look really stupid when the language gets printed. 22.4 jobs are Tuesday through Saturday.

"the Company may create full-time 22.4 combination
driving jobs. Such jobs may include inside work. In the event the
Company utilizes this classification, the following shall apply only to
those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery."

I will walk you through this!

1. the above is a direct cut and paste of the master!
2. The company "may create" = total permission.
3. "may include inside work" =may or may not, its up to UPS to use them however the company cares to. Who here thinks UPS will schedule a driver and pay him or her $34/hr to load for 4 hours? 22.4 will be all driving folks!
4. "The following shall apply only to those buildings that include Sat or Sun delivery." Nowhere does it specifically say that 22.4's have to work Tues-Sat! UPS has a free hand according to the contract proposal!

The devil is in the details! This is why every word matters. UPS knows this. I do not get the impression the IBT gets it!

The sad truth is that UPS is much better at the long game than the membership is, as a whole. The company most likely doesn't care how they get 22.4 into this contract, as long as they get it. They will immediately go to work on how to expand their role for the next contract. They don't want huge wins, they want to eat the IBT elephant one bite at a time.

This may be the last negotiation we have this kind of leverage, economically. And by next contract more automation will be in hubs and we will have turn-by-turn directions in the cab, they will be ever closer to their utopia of "anyone" being able to do our jobs. They don't want a strike in the midst of record profits. Nither do we, that would cost us more jobs than any new class of employee. No one gets everything they want in a negotiation, but we really need to be cautious on what we let through and what we stand staunch on this go 'round. 2 cents.

LagunaBrown

They cannot diminish any RPCD jobs that are CURRENTLY scheduled M-friend, the current drivers scheduled T-S are not protected.

But, if we don't allow them, they can NEVER diminish ANY driving job...
"the number of RPCD jobs in existence at the time of implementation shall be included as protected jobs"