Anyone wonder

Integrity

Binge Poster
Saturdays destroyed Mondays already. Now if you give then a cheaper work force and they deliver on Sundays too. It will be a complete disaster on Mondays and probably on Tuesdays.
The facts: the company will, in the future be delivering on Sunday. It will be a normal working day. It will be done by cheaper labor. The question is will it be another part-time job or a full time combo job. I prefer the Union getting ahead of this fact and securing it as a full time position.

Some locals already have caved to part-time driving jobs, mine hasn't.

The facts: the company will, in the future be delivering on Sunday. It will be a normal working day. It will be done by cheaper labor. The question is will it be another part-time job or a full time combo job. I prefer the Union getting ahead of this fact and securing it as a full time position.

Some locals already have caved to part-time driving jobs, mine hasn't.
Sunday is double time here. I'll work it.

km3

everyone.

Not so fast. A significant number of the people working here part time do so for a little extra spending money, some for insurance, and for myself, as a source of income while attending school.

Not everybody wants to be full time (yet), and it most certainly is not good for everybody.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Sunday is double time here. I'll work it.
There is no way that when Sunday becomes a regular work day that anyone is going to support premium pay for it. It just won't happen.

Not one Driver present at a meeting wanted the Sunday work. There was about 200 drivers present. Not one wanted the work.

If you were at that meeting you would have been the only one with a raised hand.

Time for change

Of course they don’t and they why would they want to work Sunday for less? If Sunday is the day the least amount of people want to work, it should be the highest paid. Pretty simple and it would be pretty standard among any business.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We have a horrible union if Sunday is for less pay.
It will continue to be premium for RPCD that are needed. The benefits of the seniority and premium jobs. That is good for the Union. The others will just have to pay their dues that come with experience and time with the company and the union. I don't see a problem with this.