Anyone wonder

LagunaBrown

Well I make 30.64 and so 70 the first year and 75 second year and 80 the third barely keeps up with inflation. You probably don't understand that and wages is the least of our worries. 2 tier drivers weaker language no pension increase. The contract is supposed to get better not worse especially if company is making record profits and the economy is booming. They are going to be paying new hires more then someone with a few years. 13 a hour still won't be enough so they will offer bonus to new hires once they figure out that can't retain new hires. I don't see a great contract not even for new part time employee. Why do you think it's a good deal I got 22 years do you think you should make what I make
You have no idea how a 22.4 works do you?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You can think that. That is your right.

I have reviewed the TA with many employees. The majority I have come across don't post on the BC and favoring a yes vote.

I am undecided but I am favoring a yes vote as well.
Are you saying that you are going to vote yes????..... that is a yes or no question....

Tony Q

You have no idea how a 22.4 works do you?
They do not, but lets strike over it. This is the mentality and I have come to peace with it. These members think that since they voted the last contract down there will be more goodies in it for them. I say there is no more goodies and it only gets worse. Then we let them Strike.

Time for change

Oh just wait, economy and amazon on boom, that crashes and 22.4 brings a world of hurt to everyone. Most of us survived the Great Recession but the next one will be uglier with this 22.4 crap.

LagunaBrown

25 % will be 22.4. Maybe you should read the contract.
Wow you don't get it do you. if you don't have any Saturday ground work then you wont even use a 22.4. They are a weekend worker so they will not hire more than however many routes you have on Saturday because they get a daily guarantee.

So let me explain...
If you have 100 full time drivers, but 10 Saturday routes. If they hired the 25% like you think they would have fifteen 22.4 drivers with no routes and getting a guaranteed 8 hour pay.

They do not, but lets strike over it. This is the mentality and I have come to peace with it. These members think that since they voted the last contract down there will be more goodies in it for them. I say there is no more goodies and it only gets worse. Then we let them Strike.
Tell him or her about the 25% 22.4 drivers. Because obviously I didn't read anything

Wow you don't get it do you. if you don't have any Saturday ground work then you wont even use a 22.4. They are a weekend worker so they will not hire more than however many routes you have on Saturday because they get a daily guarantee and paid to do nothing.
We have Saturday and again you need to read the contract . 22.4 will be Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday and RPCD will be guaranteed 40 hours if work is available.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There is no way that when Sunday becomes a regular work day that anyone is going to support premium pay for it. It just won't happen.

Not one Driver present at a meeting wanted the Sunday work. There was about 200 drivers present. Not one wanted the work.

If you were at that meeting you would have been the only one with a raised hand.
But you can bet that ups will charge a premium rate for Sunday deliveries....

IMG_20180728_201605185.jpg
But you can bet that ups will charge a premium rate for Sunday deliveries....
22.4's won't have this for dinner

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dues are 2.5 the hourly wage so if your paying 1100+ that means you make AT LEAST $36 an hour and over $74,000 a year. There is $4.15 raise this contract and your complaining?
74k is poverty wages in comparison to what it actually costs to live in many parts of the country...