Apple Watch---Big Deal or Big Bust?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The first wave of orders for the new Apple Watch were out for delivery today. The delivery instructions were the same as for any other Apple product----signature or e-release only. We were told to call the center after each delivery attempt and were also told to bring any that we were unable to deliver to the office so that they could be locked up over the weekend.

I had the grand total of 1 Apple Watch today. Thankfully the consignee was home and signed for it in person. I sent an ODS confirming the delivery.

How many of the watches were out for delivery in your centers today?

9.5er

I had 1 for a business that is closed on Fridays. Brought it back and handed it to OMS. Have a good weekend.

ManInBrown

I delivered four. All 4 were home waiting, like giddy kids on Xmas morning. Got no msg to notify center after each attempt. But did get a message very late in day to bring any Apple send agains to office.

Pooter

I only had 1 in a upscale neighborhood where I normally delivered 10+ iPhones 6 on release day.

It might be the price. Just seems like a rip off at full price

oldngray

nowhere special
I only had 1 in a upscale neighborhood where I normally delivered 10+ iPhones 6 on release day.

The price isn't that bad (less than $150 I think) but what use is it? You also need an iphone for the watch to do anything.

ManInBrown

I think the majority will wait to let Apple work the kinks out. I've heard they will be many

upsmaninmi

I read that the majority will be shipped next month. Very few went out today. There are a select few Apple stores across the country that have them available now.

oldngray

nowhere special
$150? Try $400 for the base model.

Yeah, I saw a story earlier that had the prices wrong. They are stupidly expensive.

The Apple Watch is available in three models — all identical except for the metal that forms the case. There’s aluminum alloy (Apple Sport, $350 and up); stainless steel(Apple Watch, $550 and up); and hardened 18K gold (Apple Watch Edition, $10,000and up).
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/the-apple-watch-half-computer-half-jewelry-115815015484.html

oldngray

nowhere special
I read that the majority will be shipped next month. Very few went out today. There are a select few Apple stores across the country that have them available now.

Oddly they weren't available in Apple stores today but they were in some other retail stores.

Pooter

It's a hard sell. Half the people with iPhones can't afford the full price unless they get stuck in a contract.

Now have those same people buy a $400+ Phone accessory?

Good luck.