Apple Watch---Big Deal or Big Bust?

Yeah, I saw a story earlier that had the prices wrong. They are stupidly expensive.

The Apple Watch is available in three models — all identical except for the metal that forms the case. There’s aluminum alloy (Apple Sport, $350 and up); stainless steel(Apple Watch, $550 and up); and hardened 18K gold (Apple Watch Edition, $10,000and up).
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/the-apple-watch-half-computer-half-jewelry-115815015484.html
I'll pass. My phone is my watch.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
People get too excited about iCrap in general. The fact that they need to lock them up at night is ridiculous. If you want to invest in a watch get a solid, mechanical timepiece that will run for a lifetime or more. Not some overrated piece of technocrap that costs upward of a grand and will be outdated in six months.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wear a $35 Timex wristwatch and have a 4 year old iPhone 4.

Guess what? They both work just fine, they are both paid for, and if either one of them got smashed up by a box or a loose handcart at work, I wouldn't shed a tear. A package car is an extremely harsh environment and I don't want to own anything that I have to worry about too much.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Funny seeing as how they are so worried about this particular item being stolen yet they post it up for all to see with a picture of the box and what to look for and what not in the hub on multiple screens.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Delivered one on Friday.
Packaging was different than the iPhones so didn't realize it was an Apple watch until I noticed the diad prompts.

image.jpg

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Had two, got rid of both. One of our drivers had a customer who was waiting impatiently on his porch. He ordered the $10,000 model.

All of our send agains got upgraded for delivery today.

oldngray

nowhere special
Had two, got rid of both. One of our drivers had a customer who was waiting impatiently on his porch. He ordered the $10,000 model.

All of our send agains got upgraded for delivery today.

A guy who gets the 10k model just wants to strut around and claim he's an :censored2:. And a stupid one.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Our center had 40. I had none. I saw none in the NDA office where we were told to leave them. Pretty much people are waiting at the door for Iphones, these, any phone, and dish remotes

BrownArmy

I had four, got rid of two, had to return the send-agains to the high-value office.

All send-agains were upgraded to Saturday service - I think they just want them out of the building and gone.