Apple Watch---Big Deal or Big Bust?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So if they swear up and down that they never got their card and you know full well that you handed it right to them do you also call them a liar?
Not yet. But I have sent several back because it says apt 12 when it is a one story 800 sq foot house. And they are not sure if that person lives there. And I usually get a signature. But thanks for asking. The ones who it is obvious need it, I hand it to them gladly. The ones with a Yukon in the drive, and a mercedes on the sidewalk, not so much. Yes I am judgemental. And yes I would call them out.
You need to find a new favorite past time, besides slamming me Just because we have differing views on procedures, doesnt make for all that much fun. At least I am not afraid to ask my fellow upsers for opinions. I admit I am totally capable of making mistakes. I am a human. But you used to be one whos opinion I respected, and still could, but you b walking the line. Have a great day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
CAM02960.jpg
So besides blowing my horn, and yelling, for someone to come out...how to proceed? If I throw it over the fence, I risk getting my arm yanked off by the shepard. Not to mention it was a rotor for a car, which I know could crack If I drop it, and a dr bag wont hold it. And exactly how long would you wait? And why is it my problem if he cannot hear me. My choice? Would work here. But I dont deliver it anymore, til it settles down.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If I had gumby arms, they are against the house! And still you do not mention how to reach my gumby arms past the shepard.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think I would have left the rotor outside the gate in the driveway with the dog guarding it.
I would have too if it were a good neighborhood. He would have called in a complaint, taken a picture of where I left it where it was not safe from weather or traffic going by.
Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I would have too if it were a good neighborhood. He would have called in a complaint, taken a picture of where I left it where it was not safe from weather or traffic going by.
Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
I know, out of sight out of weather but with that big dog and a rotor box being thin and heavy I can't imagine someone stealing it. Anyway it's your call.

box_beeyotch

View attachment 36870So besides blowing my horn, and yelling, for someone to come out...how to proceed? If I throw it over the fence, I risk getting my arm yanked off by the shepard. Not to mention it was a rotor for a car, which I know could crack If I drop it, and a dr bag wont hold it. And exactly how long would you wait? And why is it my problem if he cannot hear me. My choice? Would work here. But I dont deliver it anymore, til it settles down.

Without exaggerating I would leave it right in their driveway and call my supervisor and tell him. Did this once when a shepherd was out at a residence who had a bowflex. Left it right on the sidewalk in front of their house.

bumped

View attachment 36870So besides blowing my horn, and yelling, for someone to come out...how to proceed? If I throw it over the fence, I risk getting my arm yanked off by the shepard. Not to mention it was a rotor for a car, which I know could crack If I drop it, and a dr bag wont hold it. And exactly how long would you wait? And why is it my problem if he cannot hear me. My choice? Would work here. But I dont deliver it anymore, til it settles down.

NI 1 with the delivery notice on the fence. Damn, your in a nice area. My houses don't have flowers.

DOK

The first wave of orders for the new Apple Watch were out for delivery today. The delivery instructions were the same as for any other Apple product----signature or e-release only. We were told to call the center after each delivery attempt and were also told to bring any that we were unable to deliver to the office so that they could be locked up over the weekend.

I had the grand total of 1 Apple Watch today. Thankfully the consignee was home and signed for it in person. I sent an ODS confirming the delivery.

How many of the watches were out for delivery in your centers today?

We were told no e-signature allowed, sign in person only.

thessalonian13

The first wave of orders for the new Apple Watch were out for delivery today. The delivery instructions were the same as for any other Apple product----signature or e-release only. We were told to call the center after each delivery attempt and were also told to bring any that we were unable to deliver to the office so that they could be locked up over the weekend.

I had the grand total of 1 Apple Watch today. Thankfully the consignee was home and signed for it in person. I sent an ODS confirming the delivery.

How many of the watches were out for delivery in your centers today?
Who cares. It's an ugly watch. LOL

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know, out of sight out of weather but with that big dog and a rotor box being thin and heavy I can't imagine someone stealing it. Anyway it's your call.
If the customer is willing to flat out lie by accusing you of not attempting the delivery, he is also probably willing to flat out lie by saying he never got the package and filing a claim. And when UPS is trying to make you pay for that DR claim by saying you failed to follow methods, responding with "I just couldn't imagine someone stealing it" probably wont go well for you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told no e-signature allowed, sign in person only.

UPS and Apple worked together to create and approve the e-release, which your local management team had no right to override. If I had downloaded, filled out and taped the e-release to my front door, only to come home and not see the package sitting where I had requested, I would have been pissed.