APWA Pension Challenge

30andout

As opposed to Hoffa Jr.'s #
1-800-line my pockets
Red I thought that was great, have you ever talked with or met Van or Danny? Or are you another Brett that just knows all.
They are both very good people that just sick and tired of being crapped on and donating to a useless union.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Of course you thought that was great ive seen your humor. Never meet the men, but the union is what you make of it, if you feel its useless, then youve given up fighting.

Cole

Of course you thought that was great ive seen your humor. Never meet the men, but the union is what you make of it, if you feel its useless, then youve given up fighting.

That's just the problem, why should we have to fight the union that we are paying?! UPS expects alot of bang for the bucks they pay us, why shouldn't we expect the same from the Teamsters who are on our payroll?

705red

Browncafe Steward
That's just the problem, why should we have to fight the union that we are paying?! UPS expects alot of bang for the bucks they pay us, why shouldn't we expect the same from the Teamsters who are on our payroll?
To receive the benefits that your paying for cole. This IS NOT easy but if you really believe in it your do the right thing. Look at how many slates ran in your local election last time. Find some good union members from those slates and combine them to take back your local. If its not worth fighting for, its not worth talking about.

krash

Go big orange
You got that right! Thats why the APWA movement was started. I would love to have the option of all of my benefits being invested the way that I chose. I wouldn't let CS or the APWA plan touch one cent. Mutual Funds and 401K maxed out. I would be retired by now.
It wasn't mismanaged. You of all people should realize that. The 30 and out should have never been implemented. You can't have people drawing longer than they pay in. Also, we are suppose to be a union of brothers and sister's. But yall want to cut the throats of those who have already retired just to pursue something that gives you "projected" figures for putting in "another" 30 years with no guaranteed? There is also more to a contract than a "retirement". We are gonna loose it all once we decertify.

30andout

I pay my dues, I should not have to MAKE them work for me, but as you know thats what I am trying to do. Still fighting, but different battle lines drawn.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I pay my dues, I should not have to MAKE them work for me, but as you know thats what I am trying to do. Still fighting, but different battle lines drawn.
30 How will the apwas pension plan work exactly? Will wait for this response before i ask another brain stormming question. Baby steps.

krash

Go big orange
30 How will the apwas pension plan work exactly? Will wait for this response before i ask another brain stormming question. Baby steps.
I don't believe they know. But to the best of there knowledge, someone said that if they give them x amount of dollars, that in 30 years of giving, they might quite possibly, but not guaranteed, since you never know, like stuff happens, then there's that whole Global warming thing, along with the fire ant problem......................what was the question again?:lol:

30andout

Does it matter? Anything beats the money sucking teamsters plan, work till your 65, 49 years of service and lets not mention the great representation.

Cole

If it wasn't mismanaged, why was it pretty well the only fund to take such a hit? We've seen it before in Central States, same old song and dance.

krash

Go big orange
Does it matter? Anything beats the money sucking teamsters plan, work till your 65, 49 years of service and lets not mention the great representation.
You are a complete maroon constantly posting the same tired old lie. If that's the only thing APWA has told you so you post it over and over hoping someone as ignorant as yourself might fall for it:tongue_sm
Lets all give up our "actual" retirement for one that doesn't exist:thumbdown

30andout

You are a complete maroon constantly posting the same tired old lie. If that's the only thing APWA has told you so you post it over and over hoping someone as ignorant as yourself might fall for it:tongue_sm
Thanks very much for the name calling, it shows your real lack of intelligence. The APWA doesn't tell me what to post. I have worked at UPS for nearly 35 years and now the teamsters think I should work another 14 so I can collect my full pension. Why should I be happy with a union that wants that????

30andout

I forgot, exactly what lie are you referring to?????

mittam

It wasn't mismanaged. You of all people should realize that. The 30 and out should have never been implemented. You can't have people drawing longer than they pay in. Also, we are suppose to be a union of brothers and sister's. But yall want to cut the throats of those who have already retired just to pursue something that gives you "projected" figures for putting in "another" 30 years with no guaranteed? There is also more to a contract than a "retirement". We are gonna loose it all once we decertify.
We have already lost it krash, yes it is mismanaged, very much so. It is ran as social security is ran and that cannot last it eventually will be overdrawn from all the retirees. The funds need to be for individuals, as UPS puts the money in each person will be credited for their part of the deposits. Then with the compound interest the funds will grow as that interest is put back into the funds, the teamsters funds have the interest skimmed off of it and that leads to the fund not paying for itself. Plus with all those that pass away early into retirement and those that do not retire whether it be from firing, quitting or whatever the case may be the money is supposed to be put back into the funds, if that were being done correctly the fund would not be in trouble. Now the APWA will only have one retirement, for anyone regardless of how many positions one may hold, if you want your pension back take the 2 or 3 pensions away from the teamster officials, you will have a better chance at a glass of ice water in hell before they give up one of their multiple pensions while they are screwing you of your one measly pension. It is really time here for people to wake up take a good long hard look at everything going on, don't rush yourself to say you are changing over or staying with the current union, sit back open up take a good long hard look and decide what is best for you and your family, then make an informed choice.

mittam

once we get in the retirees are still paid by UPS being responsible for their pensions

705red

Browncafe Steward
once we get in the retirees are still paid by UPS being responsible for their pensions
When did ups say this to you? When they brought up the idea to you to oust the teamsters? When they introduced you to their attorneys? Or when you and eskew ran away for the weekend together? Do you have this in writing?