APWA Pension Challenge

mittam

When did ups say this to you? When they brought up the idea to you to oust the teamsters? When they introduced you to their attorneys? Or when you and eskew ran away for the weekend together? Do you have this in writing?
That is the law UPS is still responsible for the retirees, if UPS had anything to do this why have they threatened people that are passing out cards?

705red

Browncafe Steward
That is the law UPS is still responsible for the retirees, if UPS had anything to do this why have they threatened people that are passing out cards?
By threaten do you mean kicking van and danny out of their cushy office chairs in managements office?

krash

Go big orange
I forgot, exactly what lie are you referring to?????
Your constant "retirement" lie.
Prove the Teamster require you to work another 14 years to retire. You can't because it's a lie. So to post it over and over shows your lack of intelligence.

sawdusttv

Prove the Teamster require you to work another 14 years to retire. You can't because it's a lie. So to post it over and over shows your lack of intelligence.

Krash,

You need to go get recharged because your teamster brainwashed rhetoric is getting real weak.
He doesn't need to prove it to anyone that isn't a mindless teamster flunky, because we know it to be true. It happened to alot of us.
I for one could have retired before the changes in 5 more years, now I have to work 18 more years to get full retirement benifits.

You teamster boys are really getting desperate, all we hear out of you guys any more is "your lieing" and "prove it"
Why don't you try and prove it wrong!
We all know that you guys are die hard IBT, and you speak of ignorance. HA! that's funny!!!
We know we can't change your mind, some are lost souls, you just have to let them go!
After all, the majority will dictate, and the die hards are in the minority.
We could cram the truth down your throat and you still wouldn't crap a straight answer!

30andout

Ok you are right I can retire before that, they will give me maybe $1000.oo per month with no insurance.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Krash,

You need to go get recharged because your teamster brainwashed rhetoric is getting real weak.
He doesn't need to prove it to anyone that isn't a mindless teamster flunky, because we know it to be true. It happened to alot of us.
I for one could have retired before the changes in 5 more years, now I have to work 18 more years to get full retirement benifits.

You teamster boys are really getting desperate, all we hear out of you guys any more is "your lieing" and "prove it"
Why don't you try and prove it wrong!
We all know that you guys are die hard IBT, and you speak of ignorance. HA! that's funny!!!
We know we can't change your mind, some are lost souls, you just have to let them go!
After all, the majority will dictate, and the die hards are in the minority.
We could cram the truth down your throat and you still wouldn't crap a straight answer!
Saw whats the matter with someone asking for your proof? The fact is theres no proof if you had it you would have shown it by now!

sawdusttv

Saw whats the matter with someone asking for your proof? The fact is theres no proof if you had it you would have shown it by now!

You are the ones that are always calling others liars and saying lets see proof, we want proof, show us proof.....etc.
Number one there is no proving anything to a teamster lacky who does not have a mind of there own.
Number two, if you're so positive that they are lies then surely it would be easy to expose the lie, but I have yet to see any of you give any kind of credible challenge to the facts that the APWA members post.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You are the ones that are always calling others liars and saying lets see proof, we want proof, show us proof.....etc.
Number one there is no proving anything to a teamster lacky who does not have a mind of there own.
Number two, if you're so positive that they are lies then surely it would be easy to expose the lie, but I have yet to see any of you give any kind of credible challenge to the facts that the APWA members post.
Thanks for the proof, you must have been great at dodgeball as a kid. Is this the same dodging of the hard questions that you will do to us the mebers if (never will happen) you win?

Fullhouse

705 Are you located in Chicago? What pension fund are you in? I thought I read somewhere in this forum that your crowd changed pension funds. Is this correct? Is your current fund a multi-employer fund? Is your fund on firm finacial ground? Oh! buy the way I notice union busting has been thrown around alot in these forums and has been directed to APWA. I just want to make one statement about that. Seems to me if a leader takes care of (just rough estimates) 60% of the members and leaves the other 40% to swallow pension cuts. He is not representing the best intrest of ALL his members, thus giving the 40% the impression that unity does not matter.In a sense one could label that leader a "union buster". We need to adopt a very common phrase and make it our motto. "all for one and one for all"
If there was true dedication? Hoffa would have never left the back door of the palace open.

705red

Browncafe Steward
705 Are you located in Chicago? What pension fund are you in? I thought I read somewhere in this forum that your crowd changed pension funds. Is this correct? Is your current fund a multi-employer fund? Is your fund on firm finacial ground? Oh! buy the way I notice union busting has been thrown around alot in these forums and has been directed to APWA. I just want to make one statement about that. Seems to me if a leader takes care of (just rough estimates) 60% of the members and leaves the other 40% to swallow pension cuts. He is not representing the best intrest of ALL his members, thus giving the 40% the impression that unity does not matter.In a sense one could label that leader a "union buster". We need to adopt a very common phrase and make it our motto. "all for one and one for all"
If there was true dedication? Hoffa would have never left the back door of the palace open.
Yes im in chicago and we belong to a multi employer fund. We (upsers) also receive more out of our pension also. We get the base basicly $100 per year of service per month and a $1000 per year of service bonus at retirement, or $108 a month per year of service. None of the other trades in our local get the bonus or additional $8 per year of service monthly. What do you mean by making the other 40% swallowing the cuts?

Fullhouse

I refer to the Central State participants. Maybe 40% not close to the actual CS people in the union. Try to follow what in saying here. If you only piss off less than 49% percent of the crowd and the other 51% votes for ya guess what you win!
BTW It's obvious you don't belong to Central States. Did Your Local get out of CS? Were you or your local ever involved with CS. Just curious because you live in Chicago and all CS mailings are from Des Plaines, Ill. OMG!!!! I just looked at CS addy and it's a PO BOX I guess they do not want to be found by the members, or maybe they have something to hide like the APWA does. NOT!

satellitedriver

Yes im in chicago and we belong to a multi employer fund. We (upsers) also receive more out of our pension also. We get the base basicly $100 per year of service per month and a $1000 per year of service bonus at retirement, or $108 a month per year of service. None of the other trades in our local get the bonus or additional $8 per year of service monthly. What do you mean by making the other 40% swallowing the cuts?
If it is CS, then you have to deduct 6% for every year you are under the age of 62 and another 15% if you want your wife to get half of that if you die. Since 2003, you are only vested 56% per year, instead of 100%. You are only allowed to work at any CS approved job(under the age of 65) 18.46hrs a week. If you are not in CS, I do not know if these restrictions apply to your plan. Many of us UPSER's have to live under these restrictions with CS.