Are 13 to 14 hour days worthy of a NO vote?

If 70 hour work weeks are not eliminated will you vote NO?

• All forced 60+ hour weeks must be eliminated even during peak

Votes: 72 73.5%
  • I am OK with being forced to work 70 hours a week

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • I am not a package car driver

Votes: 16 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wilberforce15

Screw the drivers, they get paid 36 plus an hour.
They can deal with it.
Our main concern is to use all our strike leverage to raise starting wages !!!!!
From 11 dollars an hour to 14 will give people that don't work here yet more money so they can afford the unlimited data plan on their Iphones.
We have to fight for the guys that are still in high school so they only have to work one part time job while they're deciding which class to withdraw from.

You guys have been here over 10 years. You knew what you signed up for when you started driving !!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

See how stupid your fight sounds from the other thread.

giphy.gif

It's not my fault that you're not smart enough to see how I'm being perfectly consistent, and considering everyone involved.

The problem with ignorance is that ignorant people don't have the wherewithal to perceive their own ignorance. That leads to ignorant people having a higher perception of themselves than those who really are competent.

That leads to the deadly combination of ignorant people also being the most arrogant, and mic-dropping right when they've made themselves look silly.

It's not my fault that you're not smart enough to see how I'm being perfectly consistent, and considering everyone involved.

The problem with ignorance is that ignorant people don't have the wherewithal to perceive their own ignorance. That leads to ignorant people having a higher perception of themselves than those who really are competent.

That leads to the deadly combination of ignorant people also being the most arrogant, and mic-dropping right when they've made themselves look silly.
Quit bitching and go out driving if you want more money.

Box Ox

Take us to a whole new plane of existence and self-awareness, BC Neo.

j7e1zd.jpg

wilberforce15

Quit bitching and go out driving if you want more money.

I'm in much better financial shape than any of the drivers I know. Thanks for the advice, though. If I went driving and then made top rate, my household income wouldn't even change. It would go down while I was in progression. Not only would I get nothing financially by driving, it would destroy the fact that I can hike miles, play at the pool, teach stuff to my kid, and take day trips to mountains, all during a work week and making as much as a driver. Every week for me is better than most people's vacations. That's because I have skills, paid off debt, and work smart.

I operate on things like principles. I'm much more likely to sound like I'm whining when I'm defending someone else. It ain't about me. I've got plenty and I can coast the next 25 years PT to retirement. I'm trying to look out for everyone.

Box Ox

I'm being perfectly consistent, and considering everyone involved.

The problem with ignorance is that ignorant people don't have the wherewithal to perceive their own ignorance.

I operate on things like principles.

I'm trying to look out for everyone.

@Integrity better get in here and defend his turf as the head of BC's Office of Supreme Righteousness.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm in much better financial shape than any of the drivers I know. Thanks for the advice, though. If I went driving and then made top rate, my household income wouldn't even change. It would go down while I was in progression. Not only would I get nothing financially by driving, it would destroy the fact that I can hike miles, play at the pool, teach stuff to my kid, and take day trips to mountains, all during a work week and making as much as a driver. Every week for me is better than most people's vacations. That's because I have skills, paid off debt, and work smart.

I operate on things like principles. I'm much more likely to sound like I'm whining when I'm defending someone else. It ain't about me. I've got plenty and I can coast the next 25 years PT to retirement. I'm trying to look out for everyone.

How do you play at the pool when you walk on water ??

giphy.gif

Heavy Package

At my location we were forced to work from 9:30 AM till 11:00-11:30 PM

I love working late into the night after dark. No need for a piss bottle as no one can see you after dark and they're in bed. I hold it all day just to act professional, but man that is a hell of a jet stream once the sun goes down.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I love working late into the night after dark. No need for a piss bottle as no one can see you after dark and they're in bed. I hold it all day just to act professional, but man that is a hell of a jet stream once the sun goes down.
Don't forget to honk your horn at EVERY stop per the methods.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
ya. in feeder they should also have valet service so you don't have to look for your tractor and/or put it away. I usually filed a grievance if i got dirty or broke out in a sweat.
it’s always fun at your start work and it takes 20 minutes to track down your tractor an or keys.... I’m suppose to outbound with a long 20 minutes after I punch in though??? Wtf???

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

You seem perfect !!!!
Is it lonely up there on that Cross??

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it’s always fun at your start work and it takes 20 minutes to track down your tractor an or keys.... I’m suppose to outbound with a long 20 minutes after I punch in though??? Wtf???
They were always harping about getting out on time and we drivers tried to tell the dispatchers that if they wanted that then do X, Y , and Z. It was very easy actually but they could never do it. Oh, I didn't know your tractor was at the shop ( even though the mechanic had to get the key from dispatch ) . Or they loaned your tractor out for an emergency pickup.

The worse for me was when my tractor wasn't fueled and/or washed. Even though that was a rule that every driver was supposed to make sure the tractor was ready for the next driver , there were some drivers that just wouldn't do it. Usually the new drivers that had no respect for anyone. And management would refuse to enforce that.

It usually took me 45 minutes just to fuel and wash. I was not about to spend 10 hours in a filthy tractor. the dispatch manager would call me into the office and ask why i could never get out on time. It was laughable.

This would not happen at the non union companies which i worked for for almost 14 years before UPS. When you had problems with other drivers you took care of them the old fashioned way and the boss did not care. There was very little drama at these places. Weak, stupid, and lazy drivers did not last long.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They were always harping about getting out on time and we drivers tried to tell the dispatchers that if they wanted that then do X, Y , and Z. It was very easy actually but they could never do it. Oh, I didn't know your tractor was at the shop ( even though the mechanic had to get the key from dispatch ) . Or they loaned your tractor out for an emergency pickup.

The worse for me was when my tractor wasn't fueled and/or washed. Even though that was a rule that every driver was supposed to make sure the tractor was ready for the next driver , there were some drivers that just wouldn't do it. Usually the new drivers that had no respect for anyone. And management would refuse to enforce that.

It usually took me 45 minutes just to fuel and wash. I was not about to spend 10 hours in a filthy tractor. the dispatch manager would call me into the office and ask why i could never get out on time. It was laughable.

This would not happen at the non union companies which i worked for for almost 14 years before UPS. When you had problems with other drivers you took care of them the old fashioned way and the boss did not care. There was very little drama at these places. Weak, stupid, and lazy drivers did not last long.
The pull times are an absolute joke....I dont let it bother me and this gig is still 100x better than being a pkg slave but it still amazes me that feeder dispatch knows that your back box didn’t close until 2230 and they STILL have to confront you why you didn’t make your 2200 pull....SMH

35years

Gravy route
Lunch does not effect the 14 hour rule
Depends what you mean by that statement.

Can a driver entitled to 40 min of unpaid lunch punch out with 0 min unpaid lunch taken at 13 hours and 59 mins?...yes.

Do some drivers even punch out at 14 hours and 15 min with no unpaid lunch taken?.....
Yes.
And they are not in violation of the 14 hour rule if not driving the last 15 min.

It happened all the time last peak. Drivers tried to run out of hours (70) before Friday punch out, so they would not be forced Saturday.

They had to clock in late the following day (after a 14+ hour shift) to satisfy the 10 hr rule.

That is how messed up the 70 hr rule makes things.