• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • They are the scum of the earth

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Ok, I'm throwing up the white flag. Im a scab. Everyone feel better now?
As a PVD im supposed to have a cut off time of 7:30PM. I don't know why this is the case. Yesterday I got 115 stops and 220 packages. When the cover driver came to drop off my load I was so stoked to finally get a load that would take me the full day. After unloading the truck, and sorting out the route, I got out of my driveway at 12:00PM. The driver had 200+ stops and the route he has is really slow so he was pretty much doomed. I was asked to go meet him, after I was done delivering, so I could give him some packages for his route that were mistakenly put in my pile. It was 8:00 and he still had 30 stops left in a super slow route that he covers on. I brought him a couple of sodas and an energy bar and he was super thankful although not in the best mood because he knew that he wasn't getting home until close to 11:00.
I'm a scab in your minds but I'm one that appreciates you drivers and helps the drivers I can help. I'm not stealing hours from a damn sole. Deal.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Ok, I'm throwing up the white flag. Im a scab. Everyone feel better now?
As a PVD im supposed to have a cut off time of 7:30PM. I don't know why this is the case. Yesterday I got 115 stops and 220 packages. When the cover driver came to drop off my load I was so stoked to finally get a load that would take me the full day. After unloading the truck, and sorting out the route, I got out of my driveway at 12:00PM. The driver had 200+ stops and the route he has is really slow so he was pretty much doomed. I was asked to go meet him, after I was done delivering, so I could give him some packages for his route that were mistakenly put in my pile. It was 8:00 and he still had 30 stops left in a super slow route that he covers on. I brought him a couple of sodas and an energy bar and he was super thankful although not in the best mood because he knew that he wasn't getting home until close to 11:00.
I'm a scab in your minds but I'm one that appreciates you drivers and helps the drivers I can help. I'm not stealing hours from a damn sole. Deal.
Super

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
What's your opinion?
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.40.52 AM.png

I saw this the other day and it made me mad because these stops could've gone to a driver with a helper. I know how I 'feel' about PVD's and according to the definition I posted earlier then technically it would seem like they are, but I don't know the language in our contract regarding them. Maybe you could post the language? If we don't have all the facts then aren't we making a decision based on emotions instead of facts? Are you asking how we 'feel' about PVD's taking work away from RPCD's? That would be very easy to answer then.

View attachment 362045
I saw this the other day and it made me mad because these stops could've gone to a driver with a helper. I know how I 'feel' about PVD's and according to the definition I posted earlier then technically it would seem like they are, but I don't know the language in our contract regarding them. Maybe you could post the language? If we don't have all the facts then aren't we making a decision based on emotions instead of facts? Are you asking how we 'feel' about PVD's taking work away from RPCD's? That would be very easy to answer then.
Article 26 says no employee should be required to use his own vehicle

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Are you talking about the line that reads: "No package car driver shall be forced to use his or her personal vehicle to deliver packages"? Seems odd that that's all it says and isn't defined better.

I can't seem to find any language regarding PVD's in the book (yet).

Do you have more language you can post, and were you asking how we 'feel' about PVD's?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Are you talking about the line that reads: "No package car driver shall be forced to use his or her personal vehicle to deliver packages"? Seems odd that that's all it says and isn't defined better.

I can't seem to find any language regarding PVD's in the book (yet).

Do you have more language you can post, and were you asking how we 'feel' about PVD's?
PVDs are here to stay.

14 WORDS

1st year PVD here. I am paying Union fees.

I see both sides of the argument and honestly didn't know the world I was entering when taking this seasonal job (I didn't even know it was seasonal when I applied). Much like @Challenger I'm doing 200+ packages a day in addition to helping my driver with his route late into the night. The amount of stops we are doing combined justifies 2 driver routes; but we're already renting every uhaul in town and even trucks from different states.

BlackFriday

1st year PVD here. I am paying Union fees.

I see both sides of the argument and honestly didn't know the world I was entering when taking this seasonal job (I didn't even know it was seasonal when I applied). Much like @Challenger I'm doing 200+ packages a day in addition to helping my driver with his route late into the night. The amount of stops we are doing combined justifies 2 driver routes; but we're already renting every uhaul in town and even trucks from different states.
The great state of NC is a "right to work" state. Maybe that's why I am not asked to pay union dues??? Seems like proof of how the teamsters are more interested in the company than the members???
What you describe is slightly less volume than what we have going on here. I've been getting around 100 stops and just under 200 packages dropped off at my house every day since the last week. The driver delivers his air first so I don't see him until 11:00.It takes me time to sort out the pile and pack it into my car so I don't get to start until almost 12:00. Then there is addition time repacking the car a second, and sometimes third, time. Recently I was told that they wanted all PVD drivers to finish by 7:30. The next day I worked until 8 without any complaint.
Seems like UPS should hire more drivers. Us PVD drivers are worse than Carona, Delta, and Ohmygod rolled into one right?

Big news BTE, since you pay the dues you don't carry the hateful scorn from the PVD's here right? After all, it's all about the dues right?

bumped

The great state of NC is a "right to work" state. Maybe that's why I am not asked to pay union dues??? Seems like proof of how the teamsters are more interested in the company than the members???
What you describe is slightly less volume than what we have going on here. I've been getting around 100 stops and just under 200 packages dropped off at my house every day since the last week. The driver delivers his air first so I don't see him until 11:00.It takes me time to sort out the pile and pack it into my car so I don't get to start until almost 12:00. Then there is addition time repacking the car a second, and sometimes third, time. Recently I was told that they wanted all PVD drivers to finish by 7:30. The next day I worked until 8 without any complaint.
Seems like UPS should hire more drivers. Us PVD drivers are worse than Carona, Delta, and Ohmygod rolled into one right?

Big news BTE, since you pay the dues you don't carry the hateful scorn from the PVD's here right? After all, it's all about the dues right?
I don't really care about the union dues. Is the company paying health and pension benefits for every hour the PVD's are working?

UPSER1987

I think the only one calling PVDs scabs are the keyboard warriors here. They sure as hell would never say it face to face and sure as hell don’t complain dumping off those stops to someone else lol.

People, in general, are lazy, and look for the easiest way out.

The union songbirds are as hypocritical as anyone.

BlackFriday

I think the only one calling PVDs scabs are the keyboard warriors here. They sure as hell would never say it face to face and sure as hell don’t complain dumping off those stops to someone else lol.

People, in general, are lazy, and look for the easiest way out.

The union songbirds are as hypocritical as anyone.
Thank God! Someone here can articulate common sense.
We are, after all, fellow Americans. Once you put some company, or union, before personal respect for one another something is wrong.