Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Lol…consider yerself 23-11.
Nope. My ten loses were 3-7 grade.

C1A2F99B-C363-4558-8DB1-D5004FB196F4.gif

UPSER1987

Well I will tell you the same thing I told mine center manager. If you put it on my truck I will deliver it if you expect me to take a phone call from PVD driver I will not pick up my phone so you better put that work elsewhere.
This is a pure violation of our contract in this company may get away with it now They will not happen in 2023
You may be the minority. Most union members are all too willing to give that work away to “scabs”.

The willingness for members to be lazy and have zero work ethic is the reason this will happen in 2023. You guys can’t even get organized for a simple vote lol. Bookmark this post.

You may be the minority. Most union members are all too willing to give that work away to “scabs”.

The willingness for members to be lazy and have zero work ethic is the reason this will happen in 2023. You guys can’t even get organized for a simple vote lol. Bookmark this post.
I can only do what the other old timers before me did is try to encourage these guys to follow the contract.

I'm just trying to make it through the end of this contract then these young guys will be crying when they start taking more and more and more things away from them because they don't have a pair of balls

UPSER1987

I can only do what the other old timers before me did is try to encourage these guys to follow the contract.

I'm just trying to make it through the end of this contract then these young guys will be crying when they start taking more and more and more things away from them because they don't have a pair of balls
I understand. It’s not just a UPS thing. It’s a society thing. As I stated earlier, most people are soft, lazy and don’t see the forest for the trees.

I understand. It’s not just a UPS thing. It’s a society thing. As I stated earlier, most people are soft, lazy and don’t see the forest for the trees.
There's only a few small glimmers of hope with the new generation of drivers.

They don't get it.
They're looking for an extra nickel up front and not realizing they're going to lose an extra dollar down the road

14 WORDS

It isn't HQ telling my driver to give me more stops. He outright says in the AM "I've got more for you when you're done with those if you want them". I haven't once asked for more work, but am happy to help when needed. I've been offered a job as a loader after the season, trying to decide if I want to climb the brown ladder

542thruNthru

It isn't HQ telling my driver to give me more stops. He outright says in the AM "I've got more for you when you're done with those if you want them". I haven't once asked for more work, but am happy to help when needed. I've been offered a job as a loader after the season, trying to decide if I want to climb the brown ladder
Your driver is being told to utilize you and that's what he is doing. If he comes back with stops that couldn't be delivered then he will be disciplined for not utilizing you more. So no it is "HQ" telling him to give you work.

35years

Gravy route
The great state of NC is a "right to work" state. Maybe that's why I am not asked to pay union dues??? Seems like proof of how the teamsters are more interested in the company than the members???
What you describe is slightly less volume than what we have going on here. I've been getting around 100 stops and just under 200 packages dropped off at my house every day since the last week. The driver delivers his air first so I don't see him until 11:00.It takes me time to sort out the pile and pack it into my car so I don't get to start until almost 12:00. Then there is addition time repacking the car a second, and sometimes third, time. Recently I was told that they wanted all PVD drivers to finish by 7:30. The next day I worked until 8 without any complaint.
Seems like UPS should hire more drivers. Us PVD drivers are worse than Carona, Delta, and Ohmygod rolled into one right?

Big news BTE, since you pay the dues you don't carry the hateful scorn from the PVD's here right? After all, it's all about the dues right?
No one cares. You are gone in one month.

35years

Gravy route
If you are smart you will hold out for a driver job.

Anyone who isn't a felon can be a loader... and it may take a decade to go from loader to driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve seen Grievances and Warning Letters horse traded back and forth as a normal part of the process.
That stuff is what ties everything up.
That’s the Airline / IPA “process”.

The jobs though: “Better not Bigger” is the problem there. Up at the top of the food chain, everyone says things have never been better!
Thank God! Someone here can articulate common sense.
We are, after all, fellow Americans. Once you put some company, or union, before personal respect for one another something is wrong.
You 2 should go rub peters over in corner

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Where you living now? Moms basement