Are PVD drivers Scabs?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • They are the scum of the earth

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters
At the risk of getting flamed, I'll jump into the fray.

I am a retired government employee who was a NATCA member during my 25 years of employment as an FAA Air Traffic Controller. I find myself in need of a job now due to a government garnishment relating to an OPM mistake involving my divorce decree. I applied for several UPS jobs in an effort to obtain a Union job with Union pay and Union benefits. An HR person from India (I think) suggested that I keep an eye on postings for my area, and two appeared last week. I applied for Driver Helper and SPVD in an effort to get my foot in the door and gain permanent part/full time employment with UPS. I was offered an SPVD job and hope to obtain a permanent position and become a Union member with you guys and gals. I'm willing to join the Teamsters right now, but if I sit around and wait for UPS to hire me into a Teamsters covered position –– that may never happen. How am I supposed to get a UPS job and join the Teamsters under the current situation with UPS? Please tell this "Scab" how I'm supposed to join Team Brown with your blessing.
What you and other PVD drivers fail to realize is that job is a contract violation.
That's why we consider you a scab.

jada miller

According to our building an union the lovely PVD drivers get to driver before any part time drivers. We are short DIADS and they get phones before any union driver so if we don't have either we get to sit at home.
Theses PVD drivers shouldn't have the right to work before union members but nothing we can do about it according to the union. Which is BS

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

I am a retired government employee who was a NATCA member during my 25 years of employment as an FAA Air Traffic Controller. I find myself in need of a job now due to a government garnishment relating to an OPM mistake involving my divorce decree. I applied for several UPS jobs in an effort to obtain a Union job with Union pay and Union benefits. An HR person from India (I think) suggested that I keep an eye on postings for my area, and two appeared last week. I applied for Driver Helper and SPVD in an effort to get my foot in the door and gain permanent part/full time employment with UPS. I was offered an SPVD job and hope to obtain a permanent position and become a Union member with you guys and gals. I'm willing to join the Teamsters right now, but if I sit around and wait for UPS to hire me into a Teamsters covered position –– that may never happen. How am I supposed to get a UPS job and join the Teamsters under the current situation with UPS? Please tell this "Scab" how I'm supposed to join Team Brown with your blessing.
you are seriously being used. At the very best you may( and i stress MAY) be offered a Part Time position next year. You will slave for 3-4 hours a day for peanuts for years until maybe, JUST MAYBE you can get a shot as a cover driver or 22.4 driver .No offense but starting at the bottom at your age is going to be HORRIBLE on your body. I would look elsewhere

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

DE583BF7-04DF-4E69-9B86-EF894A04BD9B.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't know where he got it from I believe you
Months ago I posted about backing into a loose field stone wall. I literally nudged it. A stone moved adopt 2 inches. I moved it back. No damage to truck or wall. The woman who lived there saw it. She was a whacko and said her husband would have to make sure the wall was ok. Despite the fact she couldn’t even point out which stone was moved. Never heard anything from them again. The post is out there for anyone to read. Yet that fool continues to post that I hit a house or building. There was nothing to report. If I did damage I’d have reported it.

PT Car Washer

Months ago I posted about backing into a loose field stone wall. I literally nudged it. A stone moved adopt 2 inches. I moved it back. No damage to truck or wall. The woman who lived there saw it. She was a whacko and said her husband would have to make sure the wall was ok. Despite the fact she couldn’t even point out which stone was moved. Never heard anything from them again. The post is out there for anyone to read. Yet that fool continues to post that I hit a house or building. There was nothing to report. If I did damage I’d have reported it.
Center Manager used to say "no damage, no accident."

FEGuy

I don't know if this has been answered correctly or not yet. I'm not reading 8 pages of this drivel to find out. So here it is:
a scab is a very specific thing. It's a union member who crosses a picket line while their union is on strike. That's it. That is what a "scab" is.
So, no, PVD drivers are not scabs.